Chapter 1 Transmigration
1k 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What a great day to die."

Bird chirping, kids frolicking, neighbors being annoying as always, and a great weather in the summer—everything seems welcoming to my final day. I'm especially going to missed my neighbors, we used to bickered a lot over random shenanigans. It was mostly him trying to be a pain in the ass, but he must have realized it by now that we're the same type of person.

I'm also going to missed his cat and the poop that always greeted me everytime I opened my apartment door, the smell was horrible. What did he feed his pet? Like owner, like pet. 

However, tsk tsk, he's much worse than me since he had been single for god knows how long. If I was him, I would be ashamed to go out.

Friends? What are those? The last time my friend ever visited me was when I'm still the coolest kid on the block, but that me had vanished long ago. I missed my past self too.

Relationship? Fuck those. It might be hypocritical of me after I made fun of my neighbors for being single but, hear me out. 

If I wasn't a complete idiot, I wouldn't have been this deep in the trouble. Oh why, it's nothing much. It was thanks to my ex girlfriend who somehow put my name on a loan, and now god knows where she was. She had gone to buy milk and yet to return.

If the loanshark hadn't kindly visited me the day I lost her contact for days then, I wouldn't have known I got tons of debt above my head. She was really ambitious, taking a huge loan without giving me a single cent nor informing me—I wish I was that shameless today.

In a few hours now, the loanshark will come for a visit again. This will be the third time this month, and I'm sure he will bring a lot of friends with him too. Oh, just imagining it brought chill down my spines, it's not even winter yet.

For the past few months, I had truly been living like a slave just to earn as much money as I could so that I could pay the debt. But fuck me, I couldn't see myself paying everything off by the rest of this month. I only paid back around 10%, it's laughable but I'm not laughing.

And I hated the fact that I still missed her even though she literally turned my life upside down. In my defense, she's hot—now I know why she even considered dating me. I'm very much average, I thought I scored something in life since the average me was dating someone like her. I was tricked, possibly bamboozled but hey, it still count right?

At least I'm much better than the rest of you reading this right now.

I looked down at the handgun in my right hand, it took me a lot of trouble to get this babe—she was just as hard to catch as my ex girlfriend. It was at a moment like this that I wished I was an american, I could easily abused the benefit of living in an infamous gun-free country. Imagine finding someone selling a rifle just by visiting a huge mall just a few blocks away, that couldn't possibly happen over here.

Feeling the cold texture of the gun with my fingers, it reminds me of the day I lost my parents in a car accident. It was raining at the time, and I wished I had gone along with them to the afterlife. Unfortunately, I survived.

Life ain't worth it if I'm going to suffer like this, I sighed when my thoughts once again spiralled down to the abyss. I don't believe in reincarnation, I really hope that to be true. After all, I don't want to go through the same pain again—maybe I wouldn't mind if I get a cheat or something. Hey, a man can dream alright?

But that's impossible, and I knew it. I mean, the people who usually gets to be reincarnated are people who was run over by a truck. In short, my way to met my parents isn't in that rule so I wouldn't get that benefit. 

If Hell is a cool place like that particular anime, I wouldn't mind going over there. I hope Gremory clan will accept my job application, but then again I'm just a normal human.

"..."

I silently looked at the photo in my left hand, it was an old photo of me and my family. Something seems to have been triggered inside my head as memories of my life begins to play like a short clip of ads in YouTube. 

My seventh birthdays, my first time camping, my highschool years—Both bad and good moments appeared in my eyes like the colorful kaleidoscope. I closed my eyes shut while reminiscing the past as I slowly aimed the gun close to my temple. 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I see, they were already here. When it comes to money, everyone is always as fast as the red speedster. But my determination didn't waver even once, I already resolved myself to wait in Hell until the day I met my ex girlfriend face to face. When that time come, I won't say anything else but give her a strong punch straight to the face. Maybe a kick or two more, I can be a bit selfish can't I?

As the corner of my lips curled up, I put a little force in my finger as a gun shot resound in the dim room.

Bang!

...

Yeah, I'm dead. There's no more afterlife or reincarnation, I'm all good. Or so I wished, but whilst I was enjoying my time in the endless void of complete darkness, I suddenly find myself in a white empty space. There was no warning whatsoever, I was there when I come to my sense.

I'm going to cry, why won't the world let me die? Please, I'm tired of this. I just wanted to enjoy eternity in that endless void, it was as peaceful as it could get. It wasn't the Hell I asked for, but I'm not one to complain.

I looked around in search for the target I could put my blame on but, there was no one else except me. It was then, I instinctively raised my head up and my jaw dropped. A figure was slowly levitating downward to me, it was a women. She has silky pink hair with mesmerizing golden iris.

But that wasn't what caught my eyes, it was her assets—her supremely big bandonkers that seems to carried mankind's entire hope, I had no words to describe how amazing it was. I wish I could relief her of the pain in her back even the slightest, fate could be cruel at times. 

Only now did I realized my suffering wasn't worth mentioning in her presence, I was nothing but a pebble in front of Mount Tai. Even now, I feel like those assets were mocking me—but they do have the right for it, I'm ashamed of myself.

"Umm...could you please stop staring at it? I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed," She said with a slight blush on her cheeks, her body also squirmed around as if trying to escape from my passionate stare.

"I'm sorry," I genuinely apologized to her with my head down, there was no shame in admitting to my wrongdoing. Though if I were to go back in time, I would fucking do it again.

"Mm, I forgive you. Though this isn't why you're here, let's get back to the topic. As you may have realized by now, you are dead."

I nodded my head in affirmation. Let's keep it that way, I thought to myself but didn't dare to voice it out. She looks like she was expecting me, which was strange as I don't remember having an early appointment with a Goddess.

"Congratulations! You have earned the benefit of transmigration with a cheat due to your merits! Ah~ I can't believe someone like you exists. You sacrificed so much for others, you also—"

She continue speaking with shining eyes, unbeknownst to her, my mind was in an utter mess. The further she goes, the more perplexed I am—none of what she said had anything to do with me. It sounds like she's speaking about the second coming of Messiah, and I am far away from that.

Why wouldn't I take advantage of this? It's like money falling from the sky, I won't hesitated to take the chance I was given.

 "With that said, do you have any question?"

I shook my head, I was afraid of speaking out since I might exposed something I shouldn't. Although I wouldn't mind going back to the empty darkness, I couldn't just pass free transmigration train with a cheat. If I was the Messiah she speaks about, there's no way she will give me useless cheat right?

"Then let me remind you of what you should know. Firstly, you will receive the memory of the body after you possessed them, though it might hurts a little. Then secondly, had it been the usual process, you might face some trouble however, no worries as I already made sure it will be easier for you to adapt in that world."

Thank you Goddess and the unfortunate Messiah, I will treasure my second life. I can't believe I get this far by keeping my mouth shut. Is it because of her stupidity or a strong believe in herself—in any case, I'm thankful that I am her mistake. 

Hopefully she won't strike me down with lightning when she realized her mistake later on. I strongly prayed for it.

"Finally, your cheat will be something that would make most Transmigrators salivating, though I can't tell you exactly what it is. There's also another little surprise from me, you will know everything once you're down there."

"Then, are you ready?"

I gripped my fist and removed any nasty thought I had in my mind before looking straight at her in the eyes. I feels my heart tightened when she smiles, however her next action proved that she hadn't realized the truth yet, or so I thought.

With the snap of her fingers, I immediately noticed my body slowly becoming transparent—whatever she did, it was working. I looked at her and thought, thank you. It was then that I realized I had been wrong this entire time.

"There's no need for that. I hope you enjoy your second life to the fullest, your secret is safe with me, okay? Fufufu."

Even though I couldn't see my expression, I knew it must have turned ugly at her words. But most importantly, she knows it! I was a fool for thinking I could fooled a Goddess. However, she doesn't seems to be too angry about this, does that means I'm fine? 

Surely she won't kill me the moment I got transmigrated right? I should be careful just in case.

"Ah, I almost forgot to introduce myself. I'm the Goddess of Dreams, Klys—"

I wasn't able to fully hear her name before I lost conscious. I was once again greeted by the endless darkness. When I woke up again, I was already in the world of Highschool of the Dead.

...

"—cha. Ah, he already disappeared before I could tell my name."

The Goddess Klyscha chuckles when she recalled the mortal's expression before he departed. She had known her mistake early on when she brought his soul to her realm, however, she couldn't just put him back where he previously was. It was already far too late.

As the one who governed dreams, she knew it was the machination of fate for the mistake to happens. Even a Goddess like her could fall victim to this situation, though rare it might be. Now she could related to her troublemaker sisters.

After all, she was just one of the many Goddess of Dreams.

Hi, please treat me well on this new journey.

31