Chapter 12 – Stance
24 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Coins lots of them, something looks like iron, bronze, silver, few golds. They all small, its size same as tip of my pinky but round. They all have same creature at one side, looks like a bird, at least it has wings. At the other side they have different person or age perspective perhaps... each types of then, its getting younger from gold, silver one shown a grown man, because the man on the gold one have beard on it, while for the bronze and the iron their heads are getting smaller.

Suck them all in. I have no need for other valuable they have, so i just took the cloak from the bandit chief. Then burry him. Someone will find this treasure trove sooner or later, or something. I just need to take what i need, don't need too much stuff to remember.

I envelope myself with his cloak, well my cloak now. The man staring dagger at me, but i just leave him alone with his complaining, not like i can hear them. Some mask are better if they have it, i continues search around in different room... Or section.. i don't know.. these cave has rooms in here. Looks like someone make these rooms in this cave, they look too unnatural.

More chest, more coins, damn! They really rich for a group of bandits. I found some masks at some piles of armor that scattered around, then try to use it, this one don't have any string to tie it, but i just wanna test if it's fit. But i can take it off! Fuck! When I'm this close to burn it with my face. Stupid me just realized maybe it has some mana it in. It really did, its look like crawling tentacles hugging my face, so i just compress them to the mask, at that moment the mask fell.

Well.. that's inconvenient or convenient! If i use it right! It don't suck anything from me. Just stuck at my face. I put it back on, it don't really disturb my visibility, so nothing trouble me for now. After a few more rooms, chests, and coins sucked in, i head out from the cave. They have more 8 rooms in there, all off them chock full with things there, beside what i found earlier, i found dedicated room for jewelry, painting, some kind of magic items maybe, they all have some mana in them, but they look ordinary to me, plus i don't know how to use them, i just let them be. 

These bandits have a lot of stuff, who are they dealing with. Better mind my own business heh. Trouble comes if i take too much of their treasure. While pondering should i end them or not. I make campfire near the cave entrance. Roast some birds and Cazza after eating i pour warm water over me with my clothes.. armor on. Then i remove them, put them on the wooden table i make, dry my self alongside my sleepwear, the shorts and shirt. I refreshed enough with just that after all.

After i put my mask on before put the armor on, already dried of course. More group comes from the forest. I put my hand out to make a stop sign, sign them to wait for me wearing my armor. When I'm finished i glance at them, well... Now that's a lot of people, 59 of them, six times more from the first group i encountered.

They all have blood on them, looks like they're just got back from looting, not even one hostage huh....Their race have more variations now, especially the beastmans, canine, feline even ursa. Humans with variety skin color. But the elf all are the dark one. More dwarves this time, do they don't do that good forging to have this kind of lifestyle. Well it's their choices.

"At first i just want to take what i need from here but after i seen reds on you all, i change my mind, or.... maybe i can change my mind if any of you provide me with information that i deemed useful. You! start talking!,"

I said to a dwarf. I asked why he is not just forged his way in life.

"Slavery, too good dwarves eventually hit a business deal that trap them, we only know how to swing a hammer, on metals or meat!"

"Okay, you next"

I said to the dark elves.

"We live by hunting in the forest, no matter which one we hunt"

"Uh... I see... then you"

"Strength test"

The beastman said. Unto done some crime? Why not just attend some fight tournament? The humans have answers for that. Of course wealth, what else. Not everyone want a progressively life, someone want an instant method too. Well it's their choices, the results are these. While at it i asked them is there a place where a same race huddle together. They said none, at least in this country the racial variations are the same everywhere.

I see, these variety of race shows me their civilization have mixed race in it but have no diversity, i see that they understand using other race good point will benefit them for a long run huh... Good thinking.

We talked a lot of things, how the society works here, how many guilds there are. They seem talkative for bandits, well maybe they try to talk their way out of their predicament after knowing they can't even lift a finger. When the day start to darken, i burry them all with mouth filled too.

"Thanks for your details you all provide for me, they buys your life but not your freedom"

When i said that, they all grown pale, well of course, it's night now don't know what kind of monsters roaming around here but they're exist. I walk away from them, before changing the water ball in their mouth to ice one like the first group, so i don't need to tend the water ball inside their mouth. Fate will decide their life now, i just tweak it a little bit.

When i arrive at the end of the forest near the north gate it's already closed, so they close at night huh. So i just make a camp near the forest to sleep tonight before have the usual meal. Strangely no monster attacks me when I'm going around in the forest today, maybe that's why they have hideouts in there.

2