Chapter 17 – Values
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There's many crates in it, some hanged monsters, some already skinned, while some haven't. Many people working at a big table, many monsters can fit in that table made of stonelike material. I asked to one of people working on it, an elf holding a big saw, as tall as him, wearing a leather like outfit, like Fisherman's outfit with apron that have many tools on it, something like thin turban on his head.

"They told me to bring my monster material here"

"Just put it on the floor"

I bring out one of the bear, it has four arms, a horn on its head, its fur are dark red. After i bring it out, it became silent all of a sudden, all of them stop their hands. Before, there's  a hammer like sounds, but now they all staring at the bear.

Only the elf asking me questions, where i find it, more like it find me, how i kill it, i just point at its head, its head already seperated from its body, but it's too big to see its head from where he's stand. When he touches the bear, his green eyes shines a little, looks like a blue circle appear in front of his eyes.

"It really is a Gram Bear!"

Said the elf. While the other worker bring out a glasses each. Then they all start arguing with each other, they all wear the same outfit with the elf, but some of them has different tools on their apron. Now they looks like discussing how to use the materials. When i jokingly said that i won't sell it, i bring it here to have them dismantle it only because i don't know which part of it that useful.

They all look dejected for at first then shout at me for my ignorance. When i say it's a joke to them. One of the worker ask, a dwarf, he has white beard on his face, he is old.

"Which?"

"Huh?"

"You won't selling it? Or you don't know how useful it is? Which! One! is! The joke?!"

"Uhhh... Bo-"

Before i finish my answer, he already smack my head, with a small hammer. Then he furiously explain to me every part that worthwhile of the Gram Bear. Even its fur hairs, one strand of it are enough for a pot of strength enhancement potion. According to what he know.... Well what he believes actually, they never test it beforehand it seem.

"How we defeat Gram Bear are by using 4 combined elements, trap it inside earth magic made hole, pierce it with ice magic, burn it with fire magic enhanced with wind magic. We do all that while continue supply the spell with mana if not that Bear can take over it. That's why what we can use from it mostly its horn, bone, skin and meat."

"What those materials used for?"

"Mainly for weapons and armor, but the bone can be used for many kind of potions as well"

"How much coins i can get from selling it?"

"With this clean body you gave us, it should be auctioned, we don't know how much if its like this"

"Where's the place?"

"Just leave it here, we take care of it, you do its registration for auction at the counter at front, where's your tag?"

I give him mine, I wear it like necklace maybe i should wear it like bracelet. Then he see it through his glasses with the bear in his sight too.

"Here, just go to the counters, they'll know it's your Gram Bear now, ask them about its auction"

"Thanks....uhhh"

"Doger, I'll expect more great hunts from you, right Lark!?"

He shout at the elf that i first meet.

"Yeah... He looks promising, he's new here, Dod"

"He is??"

"From what i see"

"Well... Never seen your face before"

I explain that i just registered today, been living in the forest with my parents and both of my grandparents, when they all passed away i choose to get out of the forest and the see the world.

"I'll accept that bullshit for now, that bear are enough for my silence, our silence. Right guys!?"

"Yeah Dod!! More than enough! Well take of it very carefully!"

"Ouh!"

"Leave it to us!"

*Thumbs up*

The black skinned human with skinhead, only he don't use the turban, looks like it's for covering the hair. Another Dwarf, he looks young with no wrinkles on him unlike Doger, without it maybe i won't know, because they both have thick beard. A giant with twice my height, he looks menacing with that size but his face shows gentleness.

"Alright, i leave it to you all"

"Oh yeah! What's your name?"

"Cain"

"We looking forward for your results again"

"Actually, i don't really know how long I'll be here, maybe tomorrow or a week I'm already gone, have a world to see!"

"The auction needs at least a week to complete. I see... We'll wait great news about you then"

"Actually..."

The dwarf are far enough for me to teleport behind him. I already know Grahanch and his pupils are walking this way, I'll let him explain about me.

"....I can do this, so i can tell or give you directly what i find"

"!?"

Then i teleport back to the entrance of the corridor from the warehouse, towards the counters when i see Grahanch, one of his pupils, the one who smoking earlier come to me.

"Hey! What did you do! I sense a space mana fluctuate!"

"Ask Doger" 

I'm not really paying too much attention to their appearance before because almost all dragonewt I've seen have same scales color. But these five are different, Grahanch have black with golden like stripes, the one who smoking before are red with black stripes, one with blue with green stripes, another with brown with red stripes, the last one who mentioned Something Myr have uhhhh... White with spiral like stripes, those spiral are made of two colors, brown and blue. The last one looks like thinner than the other.

"What? Never seen a Drane before?"

"Drane?"

"There's no female dragonewt, they are flightless, while we the Drane can fly but only females exist, but the Great Myrtyr said we're made for each other that's why many people thinks we are female dragonewt"

They really like to explain things huh this world's people, or maybe i look ignorant. Before i can say anything, Doger from behind me shout at Grahanch.

"GRAN! WHAT THE HELL IS HE!?"

Grahanch answer while pull up my hood, hey! Since when you're beside me!?

"Looks like Emma theories are not theories after all"

"He's too late, far too late..."

"Don't drag him into our problem, he's already meet Emma, and listen about her research"

"Dear sweet Emma.... If you're content with that i won't say more"

What are they talking about.... Well, like Grahanch said, not my problem. When i said to them that I'll head to where Minne is. Before the Dragonewts talk, the Drane immediately ask me.

"We'll test your abilities in close range combat, we can't have someone like you, helpless when you find yourself near The Void, we'll wait at the underground training facilities"

"Diana always like that, she like to take care others, even though her words are harsh sometime, my name Fiero by the way"

Said the one that have red with black stripes scales color he looks angry before, but not again now. She really did have a pair of small wing behind her, how's she fly with that?

"She's usually like that when she sees someone promising, I'm Lucas"

"As always, Fornar"

"Bear with her, you're looks strong after all, maybe she's just a little irritated with what you did to me before"

Lucas's scale are blue with green stripes, while Fornar have brown and red. Grahanch said that before questioning Doger about the bear.

1