Chapter 26 – Daily Life II
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are many descendants of Daya near the forest, many city and Town too neighbors with Karkatuar Forest that spread from north to south next to the wall. The nearest one Larg City is the Headquarters of Informant guilds, these guild made by the elves to find powerful enough combatants to traverse Karkatuar Forest. Meisa tell us her dream to make a tourist city in the forest to introduce them for other race as well that these vast forest are not just dangerous but bountiful, beautiful, and invigorating. 

She talked about it so enthusiastically that i feel bad for not really care about it... Well let's just think of it like a drunkard babbles.

Until a while she stop talking and head to the door, fetching our meal that come along inside a trolly. 

For Fiero are from what i see a 5 kilogram Steak, two of them complete with it side dishes, he really burning those calories.

For Lucas are.... Is that pepperoni pizza?? In this world..

Fornar's food are a long ass sandwich like a meter long.....

For me what i got for the drink are Gimlet equal of this world that named as Bryon Honey. The food are Kebabs, it even named Kebabs, the difference is the ingredients of course, mixed of monsters meat are used.

I'm really intrigued to order all of the food to find if some of it are same food from my world but maybe they have different name here, let's just enjoy them without thinking too hard how my worldfood culture can develop here....

While eating i ask the elf how much that antler cover for my secrecy, she said it can cover our visits here for one month full with the drinks and the foods, for four of us, it's three weeks if there are five of us... 

Just how much those antlers are.... And... She adds,

"You can ask any information you want from me for free too..."

"I see.... Thank you then...."

I hope she won't tangent to history too much when I'm asking her later....

We eat, chat, drink until late night today, after fourth bell of night we finally break up. Three of them thankful for what i brought because usually they pay more than ten gold coins when they're going there, downstairs, how much will it cost this time when we're going to the private room upstairs....

It's a waste to sleep now, just few hours it's gonna be dawn, so i just walk around the city following the wall surrounding it.

There's a road that goes around the city too so I just follow it, from near the gate, i walk clockwise to find adventurer side at the east, merchants at the north, government at the west, military at the south of the city.

Merchant district already busy loading, sorting, and trading their goods at this time. While the other two are still quiet. The Adventurer district have people going around but not that crowded.

Many interesting things i find in the merchant district, their work force and work speed are outstanding. I can see their logistics are advanced enough to be on par on my world's....

Many blacksmith, artisans alchemist and tailor's shop in this district too. All of their sign hanging outside their door that determine me it is them even though there's no one there. 

There's many barracks complete with its training grounds in the military district. But for government district many houses here more that other district, with its center a mansion on the hill and the tower. The Largen Marquis has been in charge of this city for their achievement repelling the stampede that happen every 5 year from Karkatuar Forest.

Not their military but Largen Marquis family themselves that spearheaded the defense of this city, the military only exist for protecting non combatants in the city while they hunt down the sources of the stampede.

Adventurer are in charge of scouting the forest and reducing potential source of stampede. From what i read the time for next stampede are around in one or two more months.

I thought many things while walking around the city, without realizing it's already dawn now, so i go back to my hotel for breakfast. 

Like yesterday i eat in my room, same breakfast too. Wash myself from sweat then head out again to the guild, I read until night then training like yesterday again this time i achieve fire element to implement in my body, then drinking with those three again.

I repeat this kind of lifestyle for a week until the day of red moon, the moon orderly appear with the color of rainbow that determine what day today is after seventh moon appear it repeat to one moon again, never once the night are moonless.

Diana stop the training before third bell of night, then tell us she wanna follow us where we usually drinking. I comply while other three are spouting nonsense.

"What so wrong she's coming?"

".....well... If you say so...al right then"

So we just head to Veladew tavern, we reserve our room after two days in row get that room. Our order are like usual while mine change every day, this day my drink are Wyfeel, food are like something like risotto named Swacra.

"Hmmm..... Give me Dralad for drink, Fish and Chips for food...."

Ohh i found another one that has the same name, oh i forgot to take of my cloak and mask, like usual i put them in black hole. Uhh... I think she's starting at me... No, Diana really staring at me... Why?

"Uh... What?"

"Unexpected... You look younger than i thought... Your beliefs are so cautious, that's why..."

"I see...."

.... Is it ? I don't really aware of it, that how usually i am though.... We four talk like usual but Diana surprised we actually discussing what to do better in that training to improve more in next training as our goal for doing that.

After a while our food arrived, other three already feasting but i didn't because Diana still staring... It's kinda hard to eat like this... why...? Wait... Ohh maybe she fond with my appearance I'm a human though? Let's tease her a little... hehehe

"Like what you're seeing?"

"No, just curious what those eyes has seen or done.... They have become that red because of reasons, no human has red eyes..."

"Ohhh i seee my eyes... Of course...."

Of course stupid me, too much Mana usage can change our appearance... What happened to this body before...

"Like i said, i forgot so i can't really explain to you"

"Uhh... Sorry about that..."

"What are you apologizing for? even me with my power can't do anything about it....."

Wait.... What if i can.... But i find nothing.... Looks like this is my body, not somebody else that i possess....

0