Chapter 30 – Road to Ayra
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Many carcass of Arachne and Orthos are lying around us, as both the group keep watching our surrounding, me, a baggage carrier store those materials while writing its list in my Storage Note, since i can't datafy things i store instead i wrote them here so i won't forget it's existence.

Tialin come back after scouting around and above the trees, she said only The Queen remain at the nest so she suggests to take it down first then spend the night near it.

I can go on as i can survive with just Mana but not the other, while i can not to eat but i chose too, who want to miss a delicious meal.

We arrived at the opening of the forest with a big hole on the ground at the center of it, looks like these Arachne created their nest underground not on the trees, reasonable as many other monsters will eat them.

The Queen are standing in front of its nest hole, wary of us. Its size are massive especially its spider stomach behind her, her size are five times bigger than Vepor that their human part has same size as me. I told the other to let me handle this, i really want to just cut it cleanly like others i hunt but i want to try fighting it bare handed first.

Using my physical skill with only one percent of Mana management flowing through me i charge at her, straight flying kick, she easily catch it, then i throw punches at her face, it's look like has no effect so i increase the mana flow through at five percent, finally my kick knock her back a little but still no harm, then ten percent without any elements, there's bruise and blood sometimes when i hit her but her face showing no fear only smug as she smiles, then fifteen percent, she looks confused now as my attacks hit her harder this time, twenty percent she struggles to block me, my rapid brawl at her leaves her focus on me only.

So when i told the other I'm handling this Queen everyone starts preparing the campsites as i already put out everything they needed. The Queen become a right test subject on how much mana flow I need to not easily end monsters as Arachne characteristics are agile, sturdy, smart and matronal so she won't escape for protecting her children inside the nest.

She start screaming when i reach twenty-five percent of mana flow, she looks beat up at this point, dents on her spider body, while i punch at her human body i can feel her bones breaking. Looks like 25 are her limit, so i quickly cut her for easy dismantling.

"Never get tired seeing you fighting... More like playing, i pitied every being stand on your way" 

General Ardhom said as he sip his stew bowl, it's full of meat and vegetables.... Wait is that bread, did he put them in by himself...

"It's already 25 percent for monster like her and we haven't even reach deepest part of the forest, Ayra lake are around that area"

"But you can just exterminate them with ease if you want to of course... For me it's kinda stupid limiting yourself!"

Tialin intrude the conversation.

"Not limiting but controlling, you want me to be a Vaj?"

"Ugh... Anything but that, no one in this Empire can stop you if you gone berserk...."

"Maybe the Great Myrtyr can but she too will lost her life"

Grahanch added, if she's that powerful, how powerful are the creatures beyond the gate?? When i said that, all of them try to stop me to go outside the gate but realized they really can stop my decision.

"That's why i trained, right, even if i can't become more stronger at least i understand what my strength capabilities are"

"Cautious... even though powerful.... you're an example of a true warrior"

Meisa said to me like I'm some kind of enlightened... I'm just want to enjoy the fight though...

"So what you're gonna do to the nest?"

Ask Diana. I answers we don't need to ransack them at this point, it'll take a while for them to grown powerful enough as stampede force, if they survive of course. Moreover more materials will grow so it's kind a waste to exterminate our harvesting ground, they all agree after i said that.

"What they can be used for?"

I already read what it can be used but i still ask how their opinions on Arachne materials, Then Finty suddenly talk rapidly explaining both utilization of Arachne's and Orthos materials that we hunt today, never seen her talk this much except when talking about materials, the rare it is the pricier it'll be the more excited she's talking, her sharp eyes are focused on coins it seems.

Because we're moving while fighting monsters we reach the dark section of the forest aka middle part in one week, at first their unsatisfied part of this journey are the bedding while the foods are plentiful they have no complain over it but that, when they see me easily prepare a bed on par with my hotel room they pleaded to me to make theirs too.

Well it's not that hard, that's why my part on this campsite preparation are only that while the other prepare for food, place of the tent, fireplace and night watch. But i don't want to cut someone rest time so i prepare four automata made by mixture of metals. That's how our journey time schedule are, moving and resting following the sun appearance.

The automata are powerful enough not to make us awake from our sleep to battle the incoming monsters and let us enjoying free entertainment of monsters slaying by them before we asleep.

Four of them wield halberd, sword and shield then bow as their weapons. Their movements are based on what I've seen in the joint training, many skilled people there so I've mix their specialities to each one of these automata.

Tonight we rest near the nest to check if nothing will come out from it again, and this area is a clearing so there's no tree leaves above us so we'll know when the sun rise.

0