Chapter 31 – Ants
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Awaken like usual what i see around our campsite are lots of monsters carcass... Not only more Arachne there's even Lamias between them, an Ursa type Belgam bear, it's look like Gram bear but its fur are blue silver with ice like horn, many bugs too.

Large seven colored centipedes, butterflies, bees, beetles, dragonflies. Many of them have seven colored wings, scales and exoskeletons. What i worried are ants, there are many of them here it means their nest are nearby too, maybe they're the sources of Arachne's nutrition for their young ones.

This seven colored findings doesn't mean we're close to the lake yet, because these bugs travel distance are wide and far from their nests except the centipedes and the ants.

While the centipede are lone hunter, the ants are Soldier,if you find one it's a sign there's many of them in vicinity. I consult with the City higher-ups to exterminate them immediately or they want hunt them by themselves.

There's no concept of level in this world but every combatants knew if they kill anything that on par or stronger than them, they will receive part of that beings power. That's one of the reasons i just don't teleport us straight to the lake.

Maybe i can be stronger with that way too if they exist that is, the beings that on par or stronger than me. Looks like everyone agree on scout the place first if it's too big they'll leave its fate to me, either way they want to kill those ants first until they're exhausted enough to continue killing it.

Just like usual breakfast are prepared, we eat them together all of this done after i stored all carcass that scattered around. From the direction these ants coming they are likely from northwest of our location.

Our moving formation are the same like yesterday with two Birdwoman fly at front watching some incoming monsters, more ants attacking our vanguard while our rearguard beware of enemy from behind.

We are not moving slowly even though we're under attack, we are actually running while killing these ants with me not missing one of them to be stored. We continue moving like this until we stumbled upon a wide stream with monsters made dam, made by Cerfus, pack of beaver like monsters that can control water and wind elements with the size same as horse.

So the bridge are big enough for the ants to pass, i said dam but there's big hole for the water go through it, i don't know exactly how this forest ecosystem works but my hunch told me those ants are the one hunting the beavers.

After we pass through the bridge big enough for three of us walk side by side on it, the ants variations change here, before it's just seven colored wingless ants large enough to be mistaken as car but now there's many that have individual colors and flying around like protecting something.

Looks like the nest are close now, after moving for a while we found the nest, i expected their nest will be inside the ground but what we found are a hill with holes on it, there's like hundreds of ants going in and out. The ants army consist of Soldier, they are like ordinary ants but big as adult human have seven colored exoskeletons, wingless and smart enough to help each other, Knight, their size are just like Soldier but they have wings and act alone, General, its size are double of Soldier and Knight but they have no wings instead they can control earth element.

Except General, people in our group has no problem killing them, but smart use of element, its size and sturdiness, the General become menace for our group, because there are many of them coming. Grahanch can face one of the General but with this many our group are overwhelmed. Except for me of course! Who do you think you are ants!!

With thirty percentage mana flow embodied with electricity I become a menace for them, one punch to the General are enough for roasting its insides, i leave the rest to others while I'm hunting the General.

Ankar Ants, from what i read are expander and conqueror type, they knew they need large quantities of food to feed their expanding population so they learned and changed their form according to what prey their surrounding provide. With how monsters in this forest are, Ankar Ants too adapting following this forest ecosystem.

There's no other type than these three that attacking us, maybe monsters they hunt are not that many in varieties, there's no sign of her, looks like the Queen burrows deep inside its nest.

No matter how powerful I am, handling them one by one takes time but we're steadily reducing their number, adding some lighting spear as arsenals, my speed lowering their numbers doubles.

Stabbing the General one by one while I'm moving around disposing them too, until dawn finally their numbers that on the ground reach zero. But i can feel many inside the hill that makes no move to get out from there. So i ask Lord Harrod,

"Satisfied my Lord?"

"Hmmm.... There's more than enough materials but the hunt are unsatisfying... Well we can find other"

"Alright then... I'll flood this thing up then"

The reasons we do this obviously for 'that' reason after all, who's mad enough to charge into the army of ants if not the joy of battle, ughh.... How many time this happened, how battle crazed these people are....

I grasp the whole nest Mana, the hill and the underground, any living creatures there i can feel it, to make it easier for me storing their carcass, I'm flooding these nest then electrocute the ants and then flow the water with the carcass out of its nest.

But only the Queen stuck inside as she's too big for the hole so i teleport it's carcass near the nest. Many Worker ants with half of the Soldier size pouring out the nest, there are their larvae too, while the ants materials can be used for almost anything except potion, its larvae can, they are one of main ingredients for Enhancement Natural, it's effect are strengthen all of our body functions, all i mean everything, for example like our self-healing five times faster than usual, muscle capabilities, endurance even agility.

So this time harvest are quite worthwhile.

0