Chapter 32 – Sceneries
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's not taking too much time for us to prepare for today camping area and for me storing those carcasses, what different this time is the Queen have her upper body part human like Arachne but with ant part as her lower body, perhaps that's why these many ants exist, their Queen are on different stage.

The nest will be reused if it's leave like that so i flatten them in, closed all the tunnels. Many nest of monsters here always at the clearings, that's why we spend the night at this place. 

We eat and sleep without one ant coming at us except occasional monsters attacks that hunt alone. Awaken like usual i prepare today's journey route after side tracking for the ants, if we keep our pace like usual we'll reach our destination more of less in one week, but every seven moon night monsters activity peaked as Mana densities around the world thicken. So only at those days we're not moving to harvest more, what a greedy mindset....

Well no matter for me, we find streams, rivers and lakes sometimes at our journey but they don't make a fuss at the lakes because they're not that wide, to mistaken it as Ayra lake. At least they're all beautiful, i always decided to rest at this points in the forest when we find one, to experience its scenery in its morning, afternoon, evening, sunset, night, dawn and sunrise. Like this time we found ourselves in one of those lakes after continuing our journey from the ants nest.

They all so beautiful i forgot monsters attacking our group everytime we stumbled those locations. The most beautiful ones are the lakes, they are not that wide as i can still see the other side of the land, but its color change in time following the sun location, while at night there's something like fireflies inside the lakes, but its true identity are school of something like angler fishes, they lure their victims into or near the lake to attack them, because this fishes can walk on land and nocturnal. They are called Sahanoir, their habitats are inside fresh water so be wary when you find them far away from civilization.

At least they're delicious so we let them attacks us until their number depleted. Tonight dinner get! Diana in delight while fishing them... She really like fish huh....

She and two other Birdwoman fishing them like albatross, i get it if it's Diana as her wings are membrane based but those two are feathers... Ohhh they're drying it...? envelope it with wind so it won't get wet.... Impressive.

The are others hunting ursa, canine and reptile type monsters on the ground, they come in every size and form, for example the reptile that have legs and that don't have, even as big as elephant like those Terramander. They are the sturdiest of the reptile that attack us but Grahanch easily block its charge at us.

Only Grahanch and Ardhom wield shield but Grahanch more proficient in using it so i include my automata for our additional wall decreasing these monsters number. While others nimbly attacks other monsters that not much sturdy but smart enough not to get killed easily, well it's better if they're stronger than us. Except me of course, i casually flying around storing carcass like always while they're fighting, but nobody complaining as they knew my capabilities.

It's already sunrise now but no sign of stoping from Sahanoir but when I'm about to handle it myself they immediately stop, well... They're nocturnal after all looks like they knew when to rest, but how many of them here... There's like 200 of them in my storage now. While the monsters attacks on the land already stop at midnight, third bell of the night.

"It's great harvest but I'm too sleepy to eat them now, Cain, can you make something that block the sunlight to us sleeping for the day?"

Diana ask me, only her brave enough to demand things from me so far while other are in equal standing.

"Something like a dome or building? I can copy my room if you want"

"Just the dome with your made bed are enough, of course with seperated section"

Did she mean for men and woman... It's easy if it's just a dome, i add some light inside for moving and turn it off when all of them sleeping. I don't really need sleep but it's kinda lonely if only me who woke up so i sleep only a wink then wake up at sunset to admire it.

I ask everyone if they had enough fishing all of those Sahanoir, when they say yes i electrocute the lake, right after i do that a big splash of wave like tsunami approach us alongside an eel jump high to the sky... Wait that's no eel it has limbs four of them like azure dragon.

"WHO DARE TO DISTURB MY SLUMBER!?"

Wait that is a Dragon, it can talk. The other immediately kneel before him... her?? Only Grahanch dare to speak,

"Your Highness Vilia! Why are you in a place like this!? Are you running away from your studies again!?"

"WHAT! NO! I'M SLE- MEDITATING HERE! FOR... Get myself used to... Water Mana..."

She talk intimidating at first until Grahanch inspecting eyes stayed at her,then she gradually weeping.

"Wuahhh....! Diana! Your father are meanie!!!"

She said that while turning her self into a blue short haired silver eyed child with kimono like outfit.... Then she run to Diana hugging her passing Grahanch that next to her. No one surprised except me....

Looks like it's something usually happen... Here?? In the middle of Karkatuar Forest!?

0