Chapter 2: Deafening Static
543 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sister began pondering her situation once more after regaining her consciousness.

 

It seems I've come back to life yet again. Something feels off though. It's like my head is filled with static. I should ask Theo what happened.

 

'Theo!'

 

 

'Theo?'

 

What's happening? Why can't I contact Theo? Is he okay? Was he hurt? Will I be able to help him? What am I going to do without him?

 

Unfortunately, the sister was in the middle of a mental breakdown due to her severed connection with her brother.

 

Okay, I need to calm down. I need to calm down. Even if Theo's presence has always been by my side reassuring me, I can still survive without him, at least for a few minutes.

 

The sister looked around and was shocked to realize that she had already been born.

 

This is abnormal. Something is really wrong. Everything is fuzzy and I can barely see. I can't contact Theo and I think it's because of this static. I think it's weakening me. What is the static? Let's analyze this.

 

Slowly returning to her composed self, the sister examined the state of her mind.

 

How did my mind get infected with pure chaos when I died? Chaos can't exist in the universe. Unless something pushed me out of the universe…

 

She sharpened her mind further.

 

I can't cure an infection this deep. Well, me and Theo have been planning on studying chaos for a while now. Thinking isn't my strong suit so I'll just assimilate it for now and let him figure out the reasoning behind it later. I'm done thinking. My head hurts.

 

With that, the chaos that clouded the sister's mind disappeared. Rather, it became an innate part of her being and she became an entity that could house the universe. Yet, something was still wrong.

 

Thank goodness, I can feel Theo's presence again. It's weak, but it's there. It seems that absorbing the chaos has stunted me. My mind isn't even close to a shadow of what it once was at the peak of my lives. Well, I always loved retraining my body every life, now I can retrain my mind from scratch. This could be for the best, maybe I'll finally catch up to Theo and we can stand as equals.

 

In the meantime, the hospital staff were wondering why the baby girl with golden eyes and silver hair was making such a serious face. They just stood around, watching her.

 

I'll send a message to Theo before anything else, though I might need to force it a little bit. I just hope this doesn't leave me as a vegetable…

 

With that thought, the room darkened. The lights didn't go out, but they emitted nothing. The room was drowned in black as the sister rose up from her laying position and floated in place. The only things that shone in the darkness were her golden irises. She looked in a certain direction and a great force was felt leaving the room. She slowly floated back to her original position and closed her eyes. Light returned to the room and the nurses slowly stood from where they collapsed. The looked around in bewilderment and saw the baby girl laying in the same spot, looking slightly pale.

 

Ouch! That hurt! I knew there would be some backlash in breaking through the walls between universes, but I didn't think it would be that bad. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong.

 

As if the world was spurred on by her words, a roar resounded from nearby and the building starting tumbling down around her.

21