Chapter 3: Predator Problems
522 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting in the rubble, the unharmed but thoroughly annoyed sister was looking up at a giant red fox with nine tails rampaging near her. A large, black-purple orb appeared in front of its mouth and blasted out at supersonic speeds, heading directly towards the sister. Before it could hit anything, a bolt of yellow flashed, making the orb disappear and reappear in front of a nearby mountain. The sky turned from night to day as a new sun was born on the spot. The brilliance of the blast was blinding, reaching to the very edges of the horizon. After firing the blast, the nine-tailed fox froze, snarling in a certain direction. The sister decided to act.

 

Some part of this is definitely my fault. Since it's distracted by something else I should take responsibility to the best of my current abilities. Even though the constant fuzz is gone it seems like using my powers again will be difficult. The most I can do at the moment is seal half of that beast in my mind. At least it will be weakened and the other half won't be able to escape without my permission. The warriors here should be able to handle it then.

 

The sister once again began flying into the sky. Though she was only as the size of a baby, she still caught the attention of the fox. Relying on instinct, it started slowly backing away after seeing the approaching threat. Before it could move more than a step, the world was once again bathed in darkness. Previously it had been limited to the hospital room; however, this was entirely due to the discretion of the sister. The first time the darkness was limited to the room to keep her identity safe without alerting others. This time, there was no need to worry about alerting others considering the hell they were already dealing with. In the brief moment while the world was dark, the only sound heard was the yelp of a large fox. When the impenetrable darkness left, the nine-tailed fox was seen collapsed on the ground, panting and trembling.

 

It hurts! It hurts, hurts, hurts! Why did I do that? I shouldn't have done that! That was a mistake! It really, really, really hurts!

 

After calming down for a minute, the sister returned to her thoughts while observing the wrecked hospital around her.

 

I've really done it this time. I actually managed to wound my soul trying to pull that one off. If I were able to use my full power then none of this would have happened. It seems like the universe isn't on my side today. Whatever, it'll only take a few hundred years to recover anyways. The worst part is that I can't regenerate from nothing anymore. As long as I don't die I'll be fine. I'd rather not rebirth with deformations again. Once was enough. Anyways, it seems that the commotion has died down. Hopefully I'll be saved soon.

 

Soon came quite fast, as shortly after thinking this, several men and women wearing a headband emblazoned with a leaf insignia found the sister.

 

"We found a child, she's alive!" A particularly concerned looking woman beckoned her companions over.

 

"Thank goodness. If even one child can be saved then our mission won't be a total failure. Quickly, we need to find any other survivors as soon as possible," a large man with a ghastly expression on his face urged everyone to continue searching.

 

The woman who initially found the sister picked her up, doing her best to be as gentle as possible.

 

"Come on, let's get you out of here. I'm so sorry this has to happen to you." A few tears leaked onto her face before she started carrying the sister through the rubble.

 

She seems nice. Well, I guess it's high time I pay my guest a visit.

 

With that, the sister closed her eyes and entered her mindscape.

23