Chapter 1: The Emperor of the Myaló Vasíleio
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a flash of light, the room of the boy was empty. With no notice to family, friends or the rest of the world, the boy disappeared.

____

When the boy came to understand he was no longer home, his mind went blank. 

Hearing murmurs from around him, he came back to his senses and began to look towards his surroundings.

The room had walls tens of feet tall, and boasted a dome which continued above them. The only word to describe it was incredible. Although he would have continued leering around the room, a powerful voice commanded his attention.

???: "Greetings o summoned Hero. Although I'm sure you must be confused, please forgive us for pulling you here without notice.

???:" My name is Princess Eiríni of the Myaló Vasíleio, and I am 5th in line for the throne of the aforementioned. 

Eiríni: "While all will be understood by you in due time, please allow yourself to rest in a room as we prepare our explanation."

With her words as the signal, maids lightly bowed outside the room, before leading the boy along to another space.

Making use of the luxurious bed, the boy laid down and began to try and understand his circumstances.

(I was just studying at home mere minutes ago, but I'm in a completely different place now. I don't remember any building looking like that existing around my town, and never heard of any construction happening either.)

(Was I brought here in my sleep? No, my body feels fine, and I'm sure I'd be sore somewhere if I was forcefully driven to another town, so where in the world am i?

The people around the room I was first in seemed to all be wearing some sort of gaudy robe with only one person wearing a different one. They were definitely the perfect image that one would have when you thought of mages.

And that woman calling herself a princess, Eirína was it? She was far more beautiful than any of the people who I saw in my daily life. Ignoring that, she definitely called herself a princess right??

I don't remember hearing of a nearby country with a princess this beautiful, so it's almost conceivable that this is another world. She did use the phrasing 'summoned' didn't she?

Is this the famed Otherworld summoning so loved by recent novelists? Although I've never read any myself, I do at least know some of the tropes which come with it.)

Somehow accepting his reality very easily, he thought to himself about the wonders he would see in another world. Meanwhile, the princess and some of her ministers talked with each other in hopes of finding the best way to explain that reality to the boy.

__________

After a healthy night's rest and a generous breakfast, the boy was granted an audience with the Emperor and his daughter. While ministers lined up along the sides of the room, the boy was instructed to kneel in front of the throne.

The room was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop, and was only broken when the emperor spoke.

Emperor: "O Hero so loved by Fate, we have lowered ourselves to ask for your help in battle. Our humble empire is enduring warfare against a powerful adversary, and we require the strength of the Hero of legends to ensure the safety of our citizens."

The Emperor spoke in a dignified tone, yet one could feel that the man was lying through his teeth. The flare and emotion he tried to put into his speech seemed forced.

(This guy is definitely up to no good… why would a Hero be necessary for an international war anyway? Isn't a hero's power meant to fight the Demon King or slay dragons? In any case, I can't be disrespectful towards an Emperor, so I'll have to be as formal as possible with any complaint.)

Boy: "With all due respect, your Majesty, is the purpose of a Hero not to protect citizens from threat of non-human danger, but rather to execute fellow humans?

And adding to my statement, I feel as though I should clarify that I am not the Hero mentioned in whatever legend you believe in."

Emperor: "Impossible! We summoned you using the modified magic formation. It should only be able to pick up the Hero or Great Kings of Hell, and I'm sure we voided the latter option."

Boy: "In any case, your Majesty, I have no knowledge in warfare or magical means, so I don't believe myself capable of helping you. Perhaps if I had an instructor in the arts I may be able to find potential in myself."

Emperor: "Very well boy. In light of your spirit, which we hope will be loved by Fate and the very World itself, I grant you the name 'Ars Agapiménos Moíra'."

Ars:( Isn't this guy kind of annoying, does he not think I already had a name before this? Also, that definitely is Greek right? Why are people in another world using Greek to name their people and nation?

I guess it all ended well though, I don't look forward to having to fight in a war, but if I'm actually some kind of Hero, I should have a hidden ability to rely on. All I have to do is unlock it by moving my body a bit.) 

Ars: I thank you, your Majesty, and pray for our upcoming victory in battle.


With the audience coming to an end, the boy, Ars, had even more questions than when he began, but he was content with what the future had in store for him.

As he left the hall, he began to brainstorm all the ways he could unlock a power hidden inside himself.


There was, of course, no way he could know the true nature of his existence at that time, and he would find out far too late.

0