She Was Pregnant.
51 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Countless luxurious black cars with flying eagle bonnet sculptures on the front were surrounding the top and most luxurious hospital of City B from all the sides.

The sound of the helicopter having the similar sign of the eagle which arrived in extremity 30 minutes ago was still reverberating in the silent surrounding and was still distinctly audible to everyone.

It wasn't hard to figure out that whatever was going on had something to do with the top aristocratic family of China, the Lin Family.

Eagle was their symbol!

There were atleast hundreds of bodyguards combined at every entrance, corridor, hall and department of the hospital making sure that not a single person except family members and doctors were able to enter, especially reporters!

All the reporters from the biggest of biggest press agencies were impatiently waiting and trying to dig out any news about the former and retired CEO of Jiang Corporations who was reportedly taking his last breaths.

Everyone except the media agency under Lin Corporations.

Though there was not any proper announcement of him being on his death bed but since a sparkle came out of nowhere, they were sure that it won't be too long before they could find ignited fire too. And none of them wanted to miss such a big opportunity.

The corridor outside the operation theatre was filled with a heavy atmosphere reflecting expressions of tension, nervousness and restlessness deeply etched on the faces of several people present.

Time was ticking by very slowly which was only increasing the anxiety and distress.

Just than the light of the operation theatre went red indicating, Surgery got over!!!

Soon they saw doors opening and surgeons coming out. Everyone surrounded the doctors, having their worried gazes fixed on them until the Head Surgeon, a female in her early 50's, broke the silence and announced, "The surgery was successful!"

Just when everybody sighed feeling relieved, they heard her speak again, "Even though the surgery was successful, it doesn't mean that patient is safe. It was a major heart stroke. He is already very old and since he was taken to the hospital quite late, we couldn't do much and only lengthen his age by a couple of more days."

Her voice was cold but loud and clear holding the unique charisma which is emanated by the members of the Lin Family.

The second son of the patient, who was already in his fifties asked in his controlled tone yet it was able to give an hint of anxiety, "Can we talk to him? Has he regained the consciousness?"

"Not yet. But he should be able to regain his consciousness by tomorrow afternoon."

"Let him be examined tonight and if everything seems well, we will transfer him to City S tomorrow." Everone turned towards the owner of the old and domineering voice behind them which was betraying the hint of sorrow.

An only fool wouldn't recognise such a big personality, after all, he was the Former President of the country and Founder Of Lin Corporations!

Jiang Corporations was only second to them but nevertheless they had been business partners and family friends for years.

Seeing his oldest friend in the hospital, at the end of the journey of his life, everyone present was able to detect emotions in his unwavering gaze which was slightly moist.

Even though he was standing straight excluding a heavy and formidable aura around him, almost like a mountain which can not be affected by the harshest of conditions too, he was still at this time a person with complicated emotions, whose mind was filled with the thousands of memories they made together in their life and seeing his friend with whom he grew up in this condition was making him misty-eyed.

Even his daughter-in-law who did not have any emotions about such situations in particular was taken aback too, it was probably the second time she had seen him like this. The first time was when...

She quicky dismissed her thoughts and just turned around to stare at her eldest son with complicated emotions who was standing at the end of the corridor in front of floor-to-ceiling window, gazing out, straight at the moon.

She knew there was only one person whom he could be thinking about while staring deeply at the moon.

At the same time, In City S, In a very prestigious hospital, on the top VIP floor.

"Have you seen the news? It is about Jiang Corporation's former CEO...."

"What about him?"

"Don't you know there are rumours that he got heart stroke in the evening and is currently admitted to City B's top reputed hospital?"

The other girl shrieked, "What?? Are you sure about that? Than what about that girl...?"

Both the nurses who were whispering to each other simultaneously glanced at the girl lying on the bed.

All of a sudden, they heard beeping sounds from the monitor beside the girl indicating her abnormal heart rate which surprised both of them.

An emergency bell rung breaking the silence of the whole upper floor which immediately lead to an uproar among the medical staff; nurses and doctors rushed frantically inside the room, trying to stabilise the condition of the girl who had been in a coma for almost ten months.

It was earlier in the morning, when she after months, for the first time twitched her fingers and since than she had been in strict monitoring of doctors as per the request of her family.

And only couple of hours later, she again showed activity. The group of doctors were not sure if it was a good sign or bad.

Just when doctors were conducting upon her, her fingers started trembling uncontrollably; her breath became unstable and the monitor lines started fluctuating rapidly.

It was a bad sign!!!

"Where is Doctor Lu? She is his patient, we can't conduct without his permission."

"He had to urgently go out of the station."

"Try to get in contact with him."

"We need to start treatment otherwise it would be unmanageable!"

"Doctor Qian!!! Doctor Lu has emailed this treatment report and told us to follow it. He would be here soon!"

One of them who read the report cried, "Quicky! Get the Operation Theatre ready!! We might need to operate!!!"

She was quickly shifted to operation room, her breathing rate still unstable and only decreased to a great extent. Her body only shivered more to the treatment, she was becoming recalcitrant.

Darkness...it was the only thing she was able to see. As much as she tried hard to find even a single source of light, disappointment and frustration were all she got.

She felt like a chained person. Her limbs were giving her the feeling of being paralyzed. Her brain...it was all calm there as if she is a sailor on a ship who had been having a way too smooth journey in the sea which was always full of storms and had witnessed several ships drowning.

Abruptly, background changed with the fuzzy and hazed memories from her childhood days.

From playing with her mother as a 3 years old girl to her mother getting remarried. The weekly family trips they used to go to different countries while living in Europe, times when her stepfather used to cook his signature dish when she used to excel in her studies; all those happy memories that she had even forgotten about were all so distinct now.

The scene transitioned to the time when she had to return to China to live with her biological paternal grandparents, her mother was pregnant at that time.The glow of pregnancy on her mother's face was still clearly imprinted in her memory.

She remembered how she really wanted to stay with her till the birth of her little sister but she couldn't. She was pretending to be happy and all fine so her parents wouldn't worry but deep within she was still sad.

If she ever had the choice, she would have loved to stay with her parents but she knew fighting her destiny was of no use.

When she saw him for the first time in her first year of high school, her first and only love who was always like a mirage to her; the more she used to go nearer, the more he seemed to be farther.

The first time they talked, the first time he held her hands, the first time they danced, the first time they hugged...all of it which used to give her nervous feeling and used to make her heart skip a beat were now like needles pricking at her.

Again, everything turned black. Again, she started searching for the light. This darkness was suffocating her now, she wanted to be out of there.

Even though it was all dark but she could still feel something crossing fastly in front of her. It was a buzzy image of something nearing her and passing by her swiftly in rounds and rounds. All of it happened in a loop till images started clearing a bit and than she saw it...

A car nearing her in which she saw herself seated in driver's seat beside him, who was sitting in the passenger seat, which later met with an accident.

 She saw it clearly, her face glowing the same way just how her younger self rembered of her mother's when she was pregnant.

That glow...her memories stirred up and she remembered.

She was pregnant.

__________________________________________More chapters are published on webnovel. Support the author by directly reading there.

Thank you!

0