Her Eyes Were So Empty
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just when doctors started losing hope, the monitor which was displaying nearly fully flat turned lines began illustrating the rise of lines at a very slow pace initially for a while, after which they increased rapidly and finally, they returned to normal squiggly lines. 

Her breathing which had virtually faded away started returning in the irregular fluctuating rate before finally getting to the unlabored breathing; leading to eupnea and her obstreperous convulsing body also came to a stop at a slow rate. 

And then unhurriedly, she felt her shivering limbs beginning to regain the lost strength. The murky clouds that had formed in her mind started disappearing as she began regaining consciousness, till her eyes opened gradually. 

The doctors present at the scene conducting upon her were left astonished and stupefied beyond measures when they saw her condition becoming stable at a leisurely pace. 

"She...she opened her eyes?" One of them stuttered almost in a whisper tone. 

It broke the silence of the room and all of them returned to their senses. It was unbelievable for them to see a girl who had almost been declared a dead couple of times in past months come back to life. 

"Doctor Lu has arrived!!!" a nurse who entered the room panting informed. 

The next second they saw Doctor Lu entering in haste and suddenly pausing in his steps the second his gaze stopped at the girl lying with her eyes open, staring at the ceiling. 

Her eyes...her eyes were so empty. 

He was stunned and it took him a couple of minutes to come back to his senses. And when he finally did, he silently turned towards the group of doctors who still seemed clueless about everything. 

Doctor Lu went near the girl and started examining her. Even though her eyes were open, it still felt as if she couldn't interpret anything. They were motionlessly concentrated only on one spot. 

Just when he was about to touch her, he saw the focus of her eyes clearing a bit then filling with sudden emotions and at last shutting down slowly. 

Those emotions...though they appeared only for a second, they were exceedingly intense. That one second spewed the grief residing in the depth of her heart. 

Seeing emotions of such severe intensity fill in the eyes of the girl, he couldn't help intaking a sharp breath. 

After giving her the medications, he turned towards the nurse and instructed, "Keep checking upon her every two hours. It is possible that she might have really come out of her coma this time and has only gone back to sleep due to weakness." 

"Do you mean she... has finally regained consciousness?" Doctor Qian asked still in a daze while looking at the girl. He was working as an intern under Doctor Lu and it was his first case. On top of that, a VIP case.  

He had been exceptionally attentive towards this patient knowing her extraordinary background, it was just the start of his career and he did not wish for it to come to an end even before it started if anything unfortunate happened. 

Adjusting spectacles on his nose, Doctor Lu just nodded and asked his young intern to follow him out. 

In City B. 

The next day. 

"Second Uncle, there is an update on Xiao Yue's health." Jiang Yi Ming informed his uncle who was staring at the old man lying in the hospital bed. 

"Let's talk outside." After giving one last glance at his father, the middle-aged man came out of the room and went to the terrace giving his nephew a sign to follow him. 

Once they reached the terrace, Jiang Yi Ming spoke, "Doctor Lu called and informed that Xiao Yue opened her eyes the previous night." 

"Really? Does that mean that she has woken?" The middle-aged man asked while shifting his eyes from the big billboard opposite the hospital displaying news about his father to look at the only son of his younger brother with anticipation. 

It was at this moment that Jiang Yi Ming noticed how tired his uncle looked. His hair, about which his uncle had always been very proud of for being naturally black even at his age had turned slightly grey now and the wrinkles of stress on his face were shining even more in the winter sun rays. 

Suddenly he felt quite sad looking at his uncle. He seemed to have grown old just in a matter of a couple of months. 

It must be very heart wrenching for him to lose his elder brother initially years back than to see his elder brother's only daughter in the condition where she can neither be declared dead nor alive and now his father is taking his last breaths. 

"Second Uncle, it can't be precisely said if Xiao Yue has woken up as she only opened her eyes without any other sign of consciousness." 

"Oh." 

Noticing his uncle's dimmed eyes, Jiang Yi Ming pursed his lips and added after thinking a bit, "But Doctor Lu told me that at least there is a hope now that she would wake soon." 

"Let's just pray that she wakes up soon in that case. Where is Third Brother? Has he reached already?" 

"Dad notified a while back that instead of coming here he would directly go to City S. Grandmother is not in the right condition and it's getting difficult for Second Aunt and Mom to handle her on their own." 

"That's what I wanted to ask him to do as well." After a pause, he asked again, "Has Mother been informed about Xiao Yue's condition?" 

Jiang Yi Ming sighed and replied, "Mom wanted to tell her but she is afraid that she would be giving her false hope." 

"Second Elder Jiang! Second Elder Jiang!!" his assistant came on the terrace while panting hard and spoke, "Old Master Jiang has gained consciousness." 

Hearing this, both Jiang Yi Ming and Second Elder Jiang hurried to the VIP ward. 

Entering the ward, they found Lin's already there. 

"How is Father?" asked Second Elder Jiang. 

"He has gained consciousness and right now Doctor Ye is doing a checkup." 

Just then the doors of the room opened, Doctor Ye came out with the nurse following her and declared, "Though he is very weak he is fine for now." 

"Can we meet grandfather?" Jiang Yi Ming asked. 

"You can but remember not to stress him and he also won't be able to speak so make sure that he wouldn't force himself to speak." 

"Alright then, Second Uncle why don't you go and meet him first?" 

"Fine." 

Entering the room, Second Elder Jiang looked at his father who had an oxygen mask on and noticed his eyes already at him. 

"Father...how are you?" 

"Are you feeling pain anywhere?" 

Old Master Jiang only blinked his eyes at him assuringly, his shivering old fingers twitched and he motioned him to come near. 

Second Elder Jiang went near his father and soon realized that his father was struggling to move around. He had wanted to say something and was forcing himself to speak. 

"Father don't force yourself right now to speak. It would only worsen your situation." 

"Xiao...Yue..." Old Master Jiang muttered weakly but the mutter was in such a low tone that it was not audible to Second Elder Jiang. 

"Father, what did you say just now?" Second Elder Jiang could only move his ears near to his father and that was when he heard his father speak again in his aged, shaky and sickly voice. 

"Xiao Yue..." 

It wasn't hard for Second Elder Jiang to detect that his father wanted to say something regarding his precious granddaughter. Even in his current condition, he was still more worried about her. 

It was already a mystery to him what exactly his father was doing in City B and why he came here secretly without informing anybody. Now he had an inkling that somehow it had something to do with Xiao Yue and probably with what happened months back. 

"Father, there is an improvement in Xiao Yue's condition. She opened her eyes last night. Don't worry about her, she will be fine very soon." 

Hearing this, Old Master Jiang's eyes lightened a bit and there was a hint of a smile spreading on his old wrinkled face. 

It was a smile which seemed to be blooming just like how flowers in spring bloom after the terrifying and cold winter season. 

Seeing this, Second Elder Jiang also passed him a weak smile, "So Father, you also have to get well soon now, otherwise what will I say when Xiao Yue would later ask me why her grandfather seems so weak?" 

On this, Old Master Jiang again got alerted and started attempting to say something but due to the immense weakness, he was not able to complete what he was saying and ended up again going unconscious at the end. 

"Father! Father!!" 

"Doctor Ye!" 

Doctor Ye immediately hurried inside the room hearing an urgency filled voice calling her and noticed Old Master Jiang already unconscious. 

She went near him and after checking his vitals, she went on to re-fill his drip while telling, "He has only passed out due to the weakness and his drained energy. There is no need to worry for now." 

Second Elder Jiang gave out a relieved sigh and went out of the room after tucking his father's feet properly inside the blanket. 

"How is Grandfather, Second Uncle?" 

"Weak...very weak but fine for now." 

Hearing this, the man in his late 20s standing at the far right corner of the corridor gazing out of the window finally retracted his eyes from the window and started walking towards the group of people. 

After reaching, he turned toward Doctor Ye, "Mom, if Old Master Jiang is in stable condition right now, let's transfer him to City S." 

Doctor Ye just silently turned towards her father-in-law seemingly waiting for his instructions. 

"If it is possible then let's transfer him." Old Master Lin knew that his friend was very fragile currently. Knowing that anything was possible, he felt it was more appropriate for him to be in his hometown right now. 

Second Elder Jiang also gave a nod agreeing with Old Master Lin and spoke, "I think it would be better too. That way it wouldn't be hard to handle Mother as well." 

"Okay, if that's what you want." Doctor Ye spoke and then turned towards Jiang Yi Ming and ordered, "There is some paperwork to do regarding his transfer so follow the nurse for it." 

"Ok"

___________________________________________ 

More chapters are published on webnovel. Support the author by directly reading there.

Thank you!

0