Old Master Jiang Is No More!
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In City S.

"Mother, Yi Ming called and told that they are shifting Father to City S's same hospital as Xiao Yue." Third Madam Jiang, youngest daughter-in-law of Jiang Family approached Old Madam Jiang who was sitting in the garden looking at the birds gloomily.

"She loved birds. She would often say that if she could have supernatural powers than it would be of flying. Now I wonder if it was flying only so that she could fly and meet her parents?" a soft and sweet yet old voice filled with a little hoarseness spoke.

"Mother..."

"Was it cruel from our side to have brought her here to live with us instead of letting her stay with her parents?"

Third Madam Jiang could only sigh dejectedly and went on to sit with Old Madam Jiang before staring ahead at the birds, "Xiao Yue...Xiao Yue has always been happy while staying here, Mother. Indeed she would often miss her parents but isn't it natural?"

"She knew and understood it more than anybody else at the age of 15 that being the granddaughter of Jiang Family, she has certain responsibilities that she can't avoid."

"Whatever happened between her and First Young Master Lin, we can only know it after her waking up. So stop worrying about that matter for now and focus upon Father. They will be arriving later in the evening." She again added when silence prevailed among them.

"I know you are right but I can't help it. I keep on pondering about her nowadays. That child is so pitiful." Old Madam Jiang sighed a while later.

After a pause, Old Madam Jiang spoke again, "Where is Jiang Yuxin? I heard she returned from her business trip but I haven't seen her yet."

"Mother, Xin'er has gone to see Xiao Yue early in the morning along with her mother."

When they arrived in City S, Jiang Yi Ming was sent by his Uncle home to report Old Master Jiang's condition to Old Madam Jiang while he himself went to hospital.

On entering the mansion, the first thing Jiang Yi Ming did was to go and see his grandmother.

"But grandmother do you have any idea why grandfather was in City B?"

"No, I am not sure. I was aware that there is something which has been bothering him for past year but he never mentioned to me." sighed Old Madam Jiang.

"He was with First Young Master Lin at the time he got stroke, could it be something realted to him and Xiao Yue?"

"Probably...that is the only possibility which I could think of. Even Butler He is not saying anything."

"Butler He might have been instructed by grandfather to not enclose anything to anybody. And if it really is so, than it means that this matter is not simple."

---

"What happened to Father? Why his condition worsened suddenly?" Second Elder Jiang asked the nurse who was hurrying to the Operation Theatre.

The peaceful atmosphere which was offered a while back was now turned into a chaotic one as Old Master Jiang was again pushed into Operation Room just when they arrived at hospital.

"He got a silent stroke suddenly and this time we can't be sure if he can really make it through or not."

Second Elder Jiang seemed as if he was strucked with lightning, his whole body seemed as if it is loosing it's strength. Finally, when he couldn't take it anymore he flumped into the bench outside operation theatre.

'What...what she said right now!?'

Butler He who was standing there silently all along was also caught off guard by this announcement. He had known all along that this matter couldn't be so simply solved but he never thought that it would be stretched to the point which will be at the expanse of Old Master Jiang's death.

"Second Elder Jiang, I think we should now tell Old Madam Jiang about this. It won't be good if we keep the current situation from her now that anything....anything is possible."

It got difficult for Butler He to complete the sentence as it was something which was somehow indicating that he was acknowledging the outcome already with very heavy heart.

Second Elder Jiang could only nod.

His assistant had never thought that he would someday witness one of the domineering and cruel business man out there in such a condition where he would look so vulnerable...

"Dad!"

The silence of corridor was broken by an anxious voice.

It was Jiang Yuxin who was approaching with anxiety and apprehension fully sprawled onto her face.

Second Elder Jiang looked up hearing the voice of his daughter, stood up from where he was sitting and waited for her to approach him.

"Dad, What happened suddenly to Grandfather!?"

"Wasn't he fine a while back? How he got silent stroke?"

"Xin'er when did you arrive and how you got to know about this matter? His current situation was completely sealed off by us?"

"Dad we were here visiting Xiao Yue when we heard from a nurse about commotion going on here."

"We?"

"Mom is accompanying Xiao Yue while Doctor Lu is doing checkup.Her condition again declined!" Jiang Yuxin sighed with despair and almost frustration.

"Xin'er, father...he might not make it through this time. His body is giving up now."

"Dad..."

It was the first time even for Jiang yuxin to see her father emanating helpless aura.

After a moment of silence, Jiang Yuxin whispered in the tone full of ache, "I don't understand why it is happening with us. First Xiao Yue, now Grandfather..."

"Miss Jiang, Second Madam Jiang has sent me here to inform that patient in Room No. XXXX is in a very critical condition and you are expected there." Second Madam Jiang had hurriedly sent over a nurse to inform when she herself was told that Xiao Yue is holding a very thin strength to make out of this condition and this time she may...die.

Jiang Yuxin along with Second Elder Jiang rushed to Jiang Ying Yue's ward when they heard about her worsened health.

She was all fine until morning and even when Jiang Yuxin and her mother came to see her.

But when Second Madam Jiang started talking about Old Master Jiang's health condition, her breathing rate rapidly increased almost as if she was suffocating and trying hard to take in all the air leading to the chaos in the ward after that.

And since than, she was being conducted upon by bunch of doctors but this time...there was no effect.

-

Darkness has become her friend in past couple of months as it was the only thing she was enveloped by when out of nowhere, she heard people speaking something near her.

It wasn't first time her unconscious mind was hearing voices but definitely the first time when there was a slight consciousness which was making her able to differentiate her surroundings.

Voices...whose voice is it?

Why can't I understand anything?

Initially voices of people speaking were so croaky and heavy to her which seemed to be penetrating her defense wall of ears that were preventing her to catch anything of what was being talked.

Eventually, she was able to make through their voices.

Isn't it...isn't it Elder Sis and Second Aunt?

What are they talking about? The tone in which they are speaking is filled with so...pain?

But why?

It was just than when she was finally able to clearly hear their voices and heard them talk about her grandfather being admitted in hospital after suffering through heart stroke!

What? Grandfather...how!?

Her consciousness started sliping again because of shock and she felt suffocated with this darkness until eventually that also cleared and was replaced by a dream.

A beautiful dream...

A very beautiful dream from when she was young!

"Grandfather, today Mommy and Daddy took me to a carnival and it was so pretty!!!" a girl no more than ten years was talking with her grandfather through phone in her not-so-fluent language.

Growing up abroad has done an only side effect and that was not able to speak or understand her native language fluently. Still her grandfather did not mind it at all and continued speaking to her late eldest son's only daughter cheerfully.

"Really? So did our Xiao Yue enjoyed a lot??"

"En grandfather but I fell when we were returning and now there is a bruise on my knee" the merry voice had now turned sad.

"Is it hurting that much?"

"It was hurting but after mommy applied ointment pain has decreased."

"Xiao Yue...you are still young but certain lessons are better learnt when young. Life is just like these unpredictable incidents."

"How?"

Old Master Jiang chuckled at her confusion filled child-like tone "Sometimes the pain that we get from an incident is very moderate or so less which can be cured merely from ointments. And sometimes pain is so sharp, so deep that even most effective ointment can also not heal it."

"Than how can those pains be cured, grandfather?"

"By standing up!"

"Huh?"

"Remember to stand after falling everytime. Life is full of falls but one can only cure the pain by standing up and going forward in a path where one might also be able to find a cause to cure the bruise. Life gives us many ointments in various aspects which we unfortunately understand after time has already passed."

"The one who keeps on lying on ground after suffering a fall would never be able to cure bruise because that person would be so busy in lamenting about his pain. And sadly when the person finally comes out of grief, a great amount of time is already passed."

When she was at the verge of dying suddenly a hope ignited inside her! It was hope to stand up again!!

Only than she would be able to cure her injuries, physically and emotionally.

Just like how morning sunrays covers the dawn filling the surrounding with light, her eyes also started fluttering and slowly the darkness was finally disappeared when the blurry view of Operation Room came in her view.

The light aimed at her was of so high intensity which made her immediately close her eyes.

Getting slightly conscious of her surroundind, she heard someone speaking to her, "Miss Jiang, can you hear us?"

The husky and masculine voice gave her a familiar feeling.

After trying couple of times, she finally opened her eyes when adapted to bright light but her eyes were still out of focus. Blinking her eyes, the blurriness at last vanished and she found herself surrounded by group of doctors and nurses.

"Doctor Lu! She completely opened her eyes!!" a fully astonished voice was what greeted her.

It was of Doctor Qian.

Turning towards the source of voice she found a very familiar man whose gaze was filled with deep emotions covering the young man and approaching her.

"Can you hear us? If yes, than try twitching your fingers."

She complied though it seemed as her fingers were not in her control, but after a bit she was finally able to twitch her fingers.

"Finally!" a sigh filled with relief and happiness was heard in pin drop silent room and it was of no other than Doctor Lu.

"Doctor Qian, prepare for all necessary tests which needs to be done"

"Yes Doctor Lu."

"And Nurse, inform the family that patient has came out of comma."

Jiang Yuxin was the first one to notice a nurse coming out of Operation room. Her heart suddenly sinked think of the worst news she might deliver but what she was notified froze her completely for few minutes before her eyes immediately welled up and a smile started gracing her lips.

They waited till her tests were done so that they could meet her.

On the other hand, at another VIP ward, in operation room Old Master Jiang was also seeing the same dream that his granddaughter just saw.

'I am sorry Xiao Yue, grandpa would not be there anymore to help you. I am sorry that I was not able to save you...'

It was the last thing which appeared in his mind before the monitor at the side of him beeped and showed completely flat line.

The doctor tried to save him but this time the pain that he went through was something which the strength in his already old body was not able to bear.

While removing the mask from face, Doctor sighed before turning to nurse and ordering her to note the time of patient's death and inform her family.

After the tests were done, Jiang Ying Yue was pushed out of the operation room when she saw her family approaching her being lead by Jiang Yuxin and at the same time another nurse came there and informed,

"Old Master Jiang is no more!"

The last thing she remembered was the smile faltering from her Elder cousin's lips before darkness again confined her.

---------------------------------------

*Author's Note- I tried to cut this chapter as short as I could after combining couple of chapters because I already wanted this arc to end as I was not able to start the main arc.

I had initially decided to enclose all these chapters in Chapter One only but the word limit was getting too much.

There might be mistakes as well in this one as it has not been proof read so I apologise for that.

Thankyou for reading!*

More chapters are published on webnovel. Support the author by directly reading there.

Thank you!

0