1.5 Years Later.
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1.5 years later.

The morning rays of late September's sun were peeking inside the oriental designed room from the windows, lightning the whole room.

A girl laying on a queen sized bed, seemingly deep in her sleep stirred and opened her eyes slowly, feeling dazed before finally getting the focus back of eyes.

She just laid there, staring absentmindedly at ceiling which was filled with beautiful artistic wooden carvings and a mirror right in between from where she loooked back at herself every morning.

It was nothing new, just her normal routine for almost 2 years now.

After about 20 minutes, Jiang Ying Yue finally showed some movement and got up to do her morning routine before finally getting ready for the day.

She went downstairs and found nobody there and as it was quite early so it was not abnormal for anybody to not be there besides the working staff.

Since there was still time for breakfast so Jiang Ying Yue thought for a second and went out in living room to stand in front of floor-to-ceiling windows from where she could see a very beautiful lake out in the garden with autumn trees by side.

Its been more than a year and half since she has been married and yet she could count on her one hand's fingers the number of times she saw her husband in past year.

Sometimes she wonders if things wouldn't have happened how it all happened almost two years back, would her relation with her husband could have turned out to be for good or bad.

And probably if her Grandfather wouldn't have died, she wouldn't be in such a melancholic situation now!

She quickly erased her thoughts and pulled up her expression back to normal when she heard footsteps approaching from the stairs behind her.

She turned around and found it to be her mother-in-law, "Good Morning, Mom."

Her mother-in-law looked elegant while coming down the stairs, all ready for the day while clutching on the purse with one hand which was slinging on her right shoulder.

She was again going back.

Madam Lin had returned to attend a function in which her presence was mandatory and since now it has already ended, she would be returning back to her work.

Madam Lin, Ye Xi Ming, a lady in her early fifties, was a graceful and elegant woman and was the Head Director of the City B's Central Hospital. Just like her son, it was quite rare for to be at home too, she would probably return only couple of times more as compared to her son.

Madam Lin was a very sophisticated, aloof and cold kind of person. It was as if she is just living her life because she is supposed to, not because she wants to.

Probably after her husband's death, nothing interests her...

She just indifferently glanced and nodded at her daughter-in-law in response to her greeting and than headed towards dining room.

Jiang Ying Yue only glanced at her mother-in-law's back and sighed.

This was not a bad treatment towards her, infact much more better than how she was towards others.

As if suddenly remembering something, Madam Lin stopped in her track and turned around.

Glancing at her daughter-in-law who was dressed in a white floral dress and was staring out of the window, only one thought came to her mind.

She looked ethereal!

She knew that even though her daughter-in-law was more of a silent person, she was still a very intellectual woman.

After all, her son was really not that stupid!

Watching her like this, Madam Lin's features softened a bit and asked, "When are you going?"

She had heard from the servants two days back that Young Madam was planning to return to her home to complete the unfinished works.

Jiang Ying Yue looked a bit startled not because she did not understand what she meant but apparently as it was the first time her mother-in-law spoke a full sentence to her.

She quickly regained her composure and told her, "Probably by the end of this month."

She thought for a moment and added, "It would probably take me couple of months to return as I would have to get things back to right there."

Ye Xi Ming looked at her daughter-in-law and nodded.

Her major was never Business Administration, she had graduated as a medical surgeon from one of the influential universities of US yet due to the untimely and unfortunate death of Old Master Jiang, his shares naturally came under her name being the daughter of eldest child and when combined with already inherited shares of her late father, she was now the largest shareholder.

She need to go back to help things at the business since important decisions now requires her approval and could not be taken without her presence.

There was a moment of silence before Madam Lin again said, "Okay, come meet me before you return."

It was not that Madam Lin lived at some other place, it's just that she gets too busy for her to return on regular basis to old house so most of the time she stays at the compound reserved for her at hospital.

So what she meant for Jiang Ying Yue was to come and meet her at hospital.

Jiang Ying Yue just nodded, still nervous and uneasy around her.

Ye Xi Ming was quite amused watching her terrified expression and wondered if she really was that person's daughter who was always abnormally excited and confident about everything.

She quickly put away her thoughts and went to dining room.

Jiang Ying Yue looked at her back and followed after her mother-in-law, staying atleast five steps behind her.

On reaching the dining table, just when they were pulling chairs Old Master Lin and Old Madam Lin entered the dining room along with Butler Li following them. It was their routine to eat breakfast and dinner together.

Belonging to Military as well as Political background, Old Master Lin had been very punctual and strict about timings his whole life. His pressurising aura which had been carved over the years was still intact; irrespective whether he was still in business or not!

No matter how much doting he was on his grand daughter-in-law but still Jiang Ying Yue everytime felt intimidated on hearing his heavy and domineering tone ever since her childhood.

Old habits die hard!

"Good morning, Mother and Father."

"Are you returning back to work today?" questioned Old Master Lin.

Madam Lin just nodded.

Old Master Lin sighed looking at his daughter-in-law, "Well than, take care and try to come home more."

"I will, Father."

After greeting both of them, Jiang Ying Yue also pulled out her chair and sat down.At the same time she couldn't help but glance at the chair beside her which had always remained empty ever since her arrival.

Looking at the chair her eyes dimmed a bit.

She was infact initially supposed to live in the other mansion where her husband originally used to stay.

But since he had to go out of country again and again back than, Old Master Lin asked her to move to old house. Moreover, she was not really herself during that time so she did not think much about it as she used to only feel solitude all day.

But she had never known at that time that following her shifting to here she would see even less of her husband. Atleast at that time he used to come back atleast once in month but now he don't even come.

Sometimes she wonders what kind of work it is for which he can't even manage to return.

...Or if it is just his way of avoiding her, by giving excuse of work.

Not want to go to the lane which leads back to her husband's thoughts, she shooked her head and instead started thinking about what she is supposed to do today.

Just than she heard the beaming voice of Old Stewardess, "Old Master Lin, excuses but Qin Zihao just called to officially inform that First Young Master is planning to return soon and most probably would be returning in one month. It seems his business is finally completed over there."

Everybody paused hearing this, Old Madam Lin's face instantly lighted up, "It's good, he should be returning now. It's soon gonna be two years since his marriage and he had been out ever since."

Jiang Ying Yue's gaze only deepened.

Hearing this it almost felt as if somebody pricked her heart.

Marriage?

She almost wanted to laugh hearing this.This word feels so foreign to her.

Are marriages like this?

And isn't it too late now for him to come??

After a moment of pause, she resumed eating her food after acknowledging Old Madam Lin's words.

Ye Xi Ming just stared at her daughter-in-law before looking away, "So he finally remembered that he has a wife too?"

Old Madam Lin scowled and glanced at her daughter-in-law before smiling, "But it seems you still haven't realised that you have a family too? You just return for formality every time, don't you??"

There they go again...

Old Madam Lin and Madam Lin's relationship had always been like this with each other.

Bittersweet!!!

Ye Xi Ming just smiled after hearing this as if she heard something amusing, "Well, I don't really have my spouse waiting for me at home but he surely does have someone waiting."

The dining hall right away got silent after this. The death of the leading CEO of Lin Corporations in a tragic accident had always been a messed up topic.

On top of that, for them as a family member it was more sensitive.

Suddenly being reminded about her son that she lost, Old Madam Lin grew a bit melancholic hearing this and sneaked a look at Ye Xi Ming.

'At the end of day, she still is my late son's dearest wife' Old Madam Lin sighed inwardly.

This daughter in law is quite pitiful!

She pursued her lips before saying,"Whatever."

It was her way of ending the talk.

__________________________________________

More chapters are published on webnovel. Support the author by reading their directly.

Thankyou!

0