Chapter 3: Darling, Welcome Home!
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander's POV

Alexander's POV.

As I make my way back to my castle, I can't help but miss my daughter. However, I don't feel the same way about my mate, Vanessa. Perhaps it's because she's too strong and perfect, and I don't have to worry about her. Finding an excuse makes me feel better. But there's still something bothering me.

"Alexander, I have some news from our castle. Princess Sophia is fighting in the arena with John," says Beta Michael, who is driving the car while looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"She always thinks she's Superwoman," I sigh, looking out the window.

Sophia fighting in the arena? What's going on?

"You don't seem to be freaking out as I thought you would. You always look like a whipped man when anything relates to Sophia," Michael teases, turning the steering wheel to the left.

I laugh at his joke, knowing he's right. Even though I gave her the poison, I can't help but feel nervous.

"Go faster!" I command.

"Yes, boss," Michael says, putting his foot on the accelerator and laughing out loud.

Our car speeds forward like a UFO, and we manage to cut an hour-long trip in just a few minutes. It's a fantasy story for most people, but it's possible for a master racer like my beta.

As we arrive at the arena, people can't hide their astonishment when they see me fly down from the sky. But I pay them no attention as my daughter is lying on the ground, wounded and numb. I can't stop myself from shifting, lunging at the brown wolf to kill him.

John senses my attack and flips around three times to avoid me. But I catch his move and strike him head-on. The brown giant wolf curls up on the ground in agony.

"Your Highness, why did you take part in this battle?" John asks, groaning with every stroke.

I have no time to talk nonsense with this trash guy. I bark orders at all the servants and rush to my daughter's side.

"Call a doctor now! How the hell can you just stand there?" I command the servants, who obey in unison and go to call a doctor. My heart is ripping out of my chest as blood from Sophia's wounds consistently drips onto the sand. I can't wait for even a second for a doctor to come and save her. I pick her up in my arms and leave the arena before anyone can understand what's going on. Sprinting as fast as I can to the hospital, I try hard to control my claws to avoid hurting Sophia. I never doubt the speed of my wolf; I believe he is the fastest wolf in this world.

"Move! Faster! Faster!" I lose my patience.

"Don't take over me! You never know how much effort I'm putting into saving her," Titan growls.

Titan is my wolf and also my best friend. In other words, I am him, and he is mine.

"Don't worry, dude. I've checked, and she's still alive. By the way, do you think that son of a bitch John dares to kill our Sophia?" my black wolf reassures me.

Titan breaks the window of the hospital after jumping up, roof by roof. We get in through the window while people are stunned. My wolf growls for a second, and then nobody stays in that hall.

"How rude!" I sigh.

"As long as it's convenient," he grins with his smug face.

"Where is the doctor?" Titan roars after taking off and crushing the double doors.

"H-how can I help you, sir?" A doctor stutters as his face pales.

"Save her, or you'll die," my wolf threatens, shrinking his eyes, emanating some danger.

"Don't say that. You're stupid!" My face turns red with embarrassment. If there is a hole right there, I would jump down to hide my shame.

Following the doctor to the emergency room, a nurse approaches me and speaks in a hushed tone. "Excuse me, sir. Please lay her down on this bed and step outside. We'll take care of the rest."

I comply with the nurse's request, and update the doctor with all the information I have. "How dare she speak to us like that," Titan growls, his anger palpable.

Cutting him off, I command, "Enough. Thank you for your help, miss. Let's go, bro."

"Hm, gruh, thanks." Titan grudgingly thanks the nurse before we exit the room.

"Your clothes, boss." Michael appears in front of me.

I head to the bathroom and shift back to my human form to get dressed.

"You don't need to be polite to anyone. You're a king!" Titan grumbles, clearly unhappy.

"That's not my style," I reply firmly.

"Huh, I don't give a shit about your style," Titan retorts before falling asleep.

"That's annoying...!" I mutter under my breath.

As I sit in the witness chair, I can't help but wonder what's taking so long. It's been two hours and I understand that all I can do now is wait. So I take my time to calm down and review the incident.

I couldn't bring myself to kill that bastard because he's the son of Beta Daniel. But it's unacceptable if I let everything go like this.

Suddenly, I realize that I missed a crucial detail. I can smell the scent of my mate in the arena. Vanessa is right there, obviously. But she did nothing when Sophia was in danger. This makes no sense because she loves and always takes care of her.

I hope I'm wrong about her being there.

"Your Highness, I locked John up. Waiting for your demand!" Michael says genuinely, as if he read my thoughts.

Before I can respond, a woman bursts into the room. "Oh darling, welcome home!" she exclaims in joy.

It takes me a moment to realize what's happening, but then I recognize her. "Vanessa?" I roll my eyes and pull her arm off my body.

"Why are you making that face? Did you not expect me to come or something?" Vanessa asks as she sits beside me, while my Beta stands up.

"Good afternoon, madam," Michael greets her with his right hand on his chest.

"You know how I feel about your sexy scent and your attractiveness," I say, expressing my thoughts.

0