Chapter 4: Are You His Stepchild?
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander's POV.

As I see her happy face and she gazes into my eyes, I guess, "Long time no see! Honey, you are still SO SWEET." I really want to ask her about my deduction that she neglects Sophia in the arena. Although I know there are some flaws in that theory, her scent makes me crazy.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, trying to avoid her intense gaze.

"I have some news. There is a black wolf who broke the window in here," she laughs.

Blushing, I don't know where to look when I remember that incident. However, I quickly compose myself and ask seriously, "Did you see me in the arena today?"

"No, I did not. I have been in our castle waiting for you to come home," she says, touching her earrings and giving me an affectionate look.

I am relieved that my Luna cares about our child. I believe she would never be a cold-blooded mother."Everything is fine. You can come inand see her now," the nurse announces as she leaves the room.Standing up, I am very anxious to see my daughter. When the double doors open, my mind thinks about the brown wolf who pinned her to the ground. I tap Michael's shoulder, hoping he will stop for a moment.

"What's wrong, darling?" Vanessa turns back, her eyebrows raised but not furrowed.

"Nothing, hun. Feel free to go in first. I have something to tell Mike in private," I suggest, gesturing towards the door.

"Alright! But please hurry. Because you are the one Sophia wants to see the most," she coaches me like a mother would. As a man, I dislike it.

"What should I do, boss?" Michael understands me well. He asks as if he already knows everything.

"Hit him twenty times then let go," I joke.

"Yes, sir," my beta obeys as he walks away.

"And also-."

Michael stops when he hears me speak up, "Is my Luna, Vanessa, present in the scene?" He nods and disappears behind the wall.

After all, double-checking is the best method.

Sophia’s POV.

Where am I? Oh, shit! My head... I touch my head, which stings like a hundred stones are pressing on it.

"Are you awake, sweetheart?" A woman speaks up, breaking the silence.

In my blurred vision, I notice the blue eyes that instill fear throughout my body, causing goosebumps to form. As my cognition slowly returns, I realize who it is that has me feeling so scared.

It's Luna Vanessa.

"Hello, madam," I whisper, keeping my eyes glued to my hands. I never hoped she would be here, knowing I am powerless against her. Whenever we're alone together, she treats me like a servant, especially in my father's absence.

(Flashback)

Today, she became very angry, and her rage flared up within her. I was not sure about the reason, but I was the one who incurred her wrath. Vanessa broke all the stuff in front of her eyes - dishes, televisions, windows, and more. I couldn't count how many things she broke. It happened frequently while my dad was away for a long time.

"All out! Sophia, you do the rest," Vanessa sipped her tea.

"Why do I have to?" I asked, not understanding what she meant.

Slap!

My cheek turned red, and my mind went blank. I was shocked! I knew this foster mother hated me, but I never imagined she would hit me.

"What's wrong with you, mom?" I touched my aching cheek, widening my eyes.

"Shut the f*ck up, b*tch. Who is your mom? Do you think Alpha likes you, and you immediately become my daughter? Don't make me laugh! If it weren't for your stinking appearance, Alpha and I would have had our baby." Vanessa plucked my hair from behind. "Answer me, are you his stepchild with a slut?"

"I'm just a foster child. I don't have the same bloodline as him," I explained, tears streaming down my face.

"Don't fool me! B*tch! You don't even deserve to be my servant. But so be it. Clear this castle up as a favor I'll give you. Damn it!" She got out of my hair and insulted me.

I dared not say any more words. I planned to wait until my dad came home and everything was done. I would show him her evil side. Was it possible? I thought it was.

My cheek hurt, but it could not compare to the pain in my heart. It was frozen now.

Any servants who appeared before her eyes during that bad time would die, and I had to become a servant. Indeed, she did not allow any servant to help me clean up her hot mess of a room. I did it alone, and she sat in her chair watching me while I didn't dare to lift my head.

Unfortunately, I spilled some chocolate crumbs on her feet when I attempted to move them out.

"Look! You're a lemon if you don't have Alpha," she said, taking her feet close to my face and scoffing. "Now, lick it, or I'll send you to hell."

"Never!" I wiped her feet with my dirty towel.

Kicking my chin, she had a despised smile. "Die!"

I was panting on the floor, unable to do anything but obey her orders. I mustered all my energy to stand up and continue my work. After finishing in the room, she wanted me to clean the kitchen and living room as well. 

This castle was huge, and I had to wear all the shoes of the servants. As a princess, I was born clumsy. I accidentally stepped on glass fragments, and they stabbed my hand several times. 

On another occasion, I fell from the stairs just because of my clumsiness. However, she was still worried about my dad's ears and eyes, which is why she expelled everyone, I guess.

(Present in the hospital room)

"Don't be afraid, sweetheart. I'm here to take care of you," she says with a kind smile on her lips, sitting next to me.

I can't deny she is my mother, although her fake face makes me sick. She doesn't have to keep up this pretense.

"I don't want to bother you, madam. Please let Julia come," I refuse her suggestion.

She hates me! Everyone knows it, except my dad. I don't know why she can blind my smart father for so long. After touching my hair gently, she stares at me with her puppy eyes. What's wrong with her? My goosebumps pop up again while I can't stop my mind from feeling disgusted.

"Sophia, sweetheart. I believe that you're an obedient kid. You will know what you should say and what you shouldn't. Am I right?" Her words sound so fake that it's hard for me to believe her. But I don't want to upset her either. So, I nod my head and say, "Yes, ma'am. I'll be obedient."

She nods her head in satisfaction and stands up to leave. "Okay, then. I'll leave you to rest. But remember, if you need anything, just ask me, okay?"

I nod my head again, trying to hide my discomfort.

0