Chapter 7: We can’t be killed
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miflint wakes up shortly after and rushes towards my wolf, ready to attack. With the odds against her, Sammy loses her advantage and becomes more fatigued as the enemies attack her relentlessly. She manages to escape the basement and runs into the yard, with her pursuers hot on her heels. Under the moonlight and surrounded by trees, Sammy feels a renewed sense of energy.

"I’m ready to fight," she thinks to herself.

Flint grabs Sammy and presses her against a nearby tree, squeezing her neck tightly. I feel a tightness in my chest as I experience the same pain that my wolf is going through. Miflint takes on his light form and circles around Sammy's body, ready to feast on her entrails. The circle that he creates keeps getting smaller and smaller, and Flint's claws dig deeper into Sammy's neck.

Sammy closes her eyes, unable to do anything but bear the excruciating pain.In the hopeless circumstance, a brown wolf appears out of nowhere and punches Flint in the face, causing him to stumble and fall to the ground.

"Shame on you, Sam," the brown wolf says. "I can't believe you're being beaten by this stupid-looking creature."

"Nonsense!" my wolf exclaims, seizing the opportunity to kick her attacker while he's down. "I don't owe you any thanks. Your nostrils flare outwards, revealing your true nature."

"You haven't changed at all," the brown wolf laughs.

I'm amazed that someone has come to our aid. I have no friends in this world except for Julia. So, who is this wolf?

"Do you know her?" I ask Sammy, holding my breath.

"She's my classmate," Sammy replies with a bored expression.

"It seems like you don't like her," I observe.

"She's not actually my friend. She's just an annoying gambler who hates to lose," Sammy shrugs.

"Sam, let me show you how strong I've become in the past 10 years. I challenge you! Admit that you're a loser," the brown wolf says, hands on her hips.

"Stop this nonsense, Mariana. Go play your stupid game alone!" Sammy snaps, covering her mouth to stifle a yawn.

The chuckle cutting their conversation, Miflint bellows, “You’re all not in a coffee shop.” He attacks my wolf from the air while Flint covers behind. “Go to hell together and you can continue to talk.”

“Alright, quick end! I’ll twist your head.” Sammy jumps to the air chasing Miflint, and punches on the ground creating a bang when the wolf-head with skeleton body lands. “Finishing blow!”

Miflint ducks under the soil and lunges from behind my wolf. “You’re not worth your words, baby girl.” Cutting Sammy's back, he continues, “Next, is your bone and all?” Flint hops after his teammate, demanding through the eyes to kill Sammy with his claws.

My wolf flips through the air with force, running. Speed is not actually our strong point, but we outrun them. I don’t know why when Miflint appears, Flint says nothing but covers his teammate.

“I’m your opponent, bastard!” Defending with Flint’s sharp claws, Mariana growls.

Mariana has amazing strength and can solve all of his hits as a sledgehammer knocks amazing strength down, pelting nonstop from Flint. The wounds are gradually healing, but it's a long process, my wolf's speed of healing. Sammy hides behind the tree; she groans, pants, and gasps all at once.

After all, she comes back to the battle!

Mariana and Sammy, although they are strong, they fight in separate ways. What if they cooperate with each other? The enemies work well as a team and smoothly coordinate each move. They prevail little by little until now.

“Sammy, you need to work with Mariana as a team." I submit my plan.

"NEVER. EVER." She jogs, and her voice is a husky rap when she replies.

"Don't be stubborn, girl. Listen to me! Listen to me! We don't have time to be stuck in here because our mate is waiting for us." I rock my hand, explaining my words.

Glancing at the left with her hand covering her mouth, Sammy shakes her head, showing that my words convince her. Miflint launches the soil, but this time, he cuts Mariana's arm. Surprised by his attack, Mariana sticks her feet on the ground and does nothing more than widen her eyes.

"You're here!" Kicking the tiny demon in the air, Sammy cheers.

"Take care of your ass." The brown wolf shakes her head, refusing the help.

"You rat! Don't waste time here while your mate is waiting for you.” Beating up on Mariana, Sammy is impatient.

“Our mate?! We don't have one, do we? Julia?” Mariana speaks out to herself.

“Julia?!" My heart beats faster and faster in joy. I can't stop screaming out loud.

Julia is still alive. Mariana is her wolf. It's amazing!

“You're Julia's wolf?" Sammy looks at the ground and asks.

The huge red wolf attacks Sammy, but Mariana blocks him with her claws. With just one hit, she sits on the enemy's body. Sammy, with her speed, slaughters him, cutting his skin a thousand times. When Sammy and Mariana chase the tiny creatures, he disappears.

"Damn! Miflint just hides underground," Mariana stomped her feet, her anger rising.

"Miflint is so annoying, guys. I have to meditate all the time to prevent him from reading my mind," she continued.

"I have an idea! You spit on the ground and let the poison absorb," I suggested.

"I don't have any poison to spit," Sammy replied with a shrug.

"Just do it. Do it now!" I demanded, sensing the ground suddenly rising up.

Following my advice, my wolf spat her saliva on the ground, just as the red wolf had done. The violet liquid soaked and swallowed the dark blue ground.

Miflint emerged from under Mariana's feet, gnashing his teeth in anger.

"Now we can track Miflint much easier, my poison has slowed him down!" I exclaimed.

Mariana blocked Miflint's path as he emerged, while my wolf attacked him with her claws, ready to kill him.

And just like that, he faded away.

Sammy turned back and jogged towards Flint, while Mariana, my wolf, and I became teammates. Their coordinated moves showed how well they understood each other.

As a result, the huge red wolf died under Mariana's claws.

A yellow light flashes through my brain, and I exclaim in joy, "Yes!" I then shift to my human form and say, "Huh! See you, Sophia." Sammy, exhausted, falls asleep.

Naked and staring at Julia, I take her hand, and tears of happiness sparkle from the corner of her eyes.

"We have to go to the Moon Ball, Julia," I say.

"Yes, it's been my dream for so long. But Luna Vannessa won't leave us alone. She hates us for no reason and never takes her eyes off us," Julia replies.

"Let's go to my room first," I suggest.

Julia nods, and we go into my room. While she takes a shower, I pick out a mermaid blue maxi dress for her. When she comes out, I give the dress to her and say, "Don't worry, princess. Her target is you. I got involved in this because of you. I'm so sorry."

"At least tonight, we have to dress nicely," I continue.

"No need to say sorry, princess. I'm counting on you!" Julia says.

I choose a pink off-shoulder prom dress, and we head to the party in one of the rare carriages on the street. As we walk up the stairs to the Moon Ball building, I stand straight-backed.

The building has a regal, royal-style design, and the music wafts through the air. People dance with their partners, smiling, joking, and chatting.

0