Chapter 8: Our Mate Nearest Than Ever
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Music) 

At the end of the night,

The light goes up, and it ignites your soul.

When your eyes close,

What do you see?

Heaven or hell,

Where are you, my mate?

 

For a long time, I used to say,

"I'll find you for my date."

One day, "to be loved" is not a fantasy story.

One day, love will come true,

And you will come to me,

My love.

 

Sophia’s POV.

My backbone turns cold when I feel someone staring at me with sharp eyes. Still, I can't figure out who they are. The music hits my ears again, and both of us sit in the chairs.

"What should we do, princess?" Sweat pours down Julia's left temple as she asks.

"I don't know," looking around, I answer.

"What if Luna Vanessa does something to harm us?" Her shoulder touches mine, and she glances her eyes, pointing to Luna's position.

"She stares at us as if she could make mincemeat of us."

"Don't worry, hun. We can't be killed. At least not tonight." I reassure her, although I feel unsafe.

I deeply feel that my mate has not appeared. Despite Sammy having fallen asleep already, I want to wake her up to smell my mate. I should have more alliances.

The fear presses on my chest more and more when my eyes stop at Luna's personal servant. I recognize that woman. She is the nurse who attempted to murder me in the hospital.

The music flies, covering the cigarette smell that bunches the atmosphere, mixing with the whisky smell. People have their dancing partners, having fun on their feet, except for Julia and me, sitting nervously in the chairs.

"Is this our princess? Are you still alive?" A girl says with her scoffing voice.

The group has three couples. They dress nicely, with suits for men and prom dresses for women, which fit their style. I don't know all of them until John appears. The girl who teases me has red bob hair, her wine glass in her left hand and her right hand linked to John's arm.

"How can you speak to your princess like that? Back off, or my rage fries your dirty mouth." Dropping my eyelids to the middle of my eyes, I intimidate.

"I'm so sorry, princess. How rude of me. I was just worried about you, who has nobody invited to dance." The red bob-haired girl giggles while all members in the group laugh so hard.

"Well, who is she?" John hands off the red-haired bob girl and approaches Julia. "So glad you're here, my favorite punching bag." He gets his face close to hers, intending to kiss her cheek.

Slap!

"Don't touch her, you rat!" I slap him, my rage boils and my heart turns hot.

All the girls in the group surround John, as if they are his mothers who care about him the most.

“Are you okay? Let’s see your cheek.” They say in unison.

John rolls his eyes and touches his left cheek slightly. His face turns red, and he slaps the bob-haired girl without reason. Then, he gets closer to me and points his index finger at my face.

“So, what do you suppose to do?” Looking straight into his eyes, I ask.

When John attempts to grab my hair, a guy speaks up, "Will you dance, Miss Smith?"

That’s Michael, he gives his hand to Julia.

The suit on his body is a sharp-looking blue, and it fits him perfectly. There's a bit of nervousness in his dark eyes, but it only adds to his charm when he flashes a magical smile toward Julia.

"Not done with me yet. Take care!" John steps back, says, and leaves with his friends following behind.

Julia freezes in front of the hand waiting for her, then nods, stands up, and takes his hand. They dance along with the festive atmosphere.

Again, the feeling of loneliness invades my soul. Looking around, people have fun with their friends. In the distance, my dad cheers with his buddies.

Deflecting my gaze, he comes near me through the crowd. I don't want to be with him, so I stand up in the hubble to hide behind the crowd.

Ignoring his call, I don't turn back. I never do. I don't want to see Dad, who abandoned me in the hospital, enjoying this party.

I push my feet, thinking to mess up, I fade into the crowd.

"Sophia?" Hearing his voice separated from the party's noise, I run as fast as possible.

There's a big bang in my cell, and Sammy howls, ballooning her voice, catching ears. The mysterious smell hovers around my head and shrivels.

The sweet smell of love, vanilla, and chocolate.

Mate?

"Our mate is nearest than ever, Sophia." My wolf wakes up inside me and says.

Alexander's POV.

With the responsibility on my shoulders, I must organize the Moon Ball party. It's an important festival in the werewolf culture. My daughter was wounded earlier, and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Moreover, she plans to find her mate tonight. She would be so disappointed if she couldn't be here, I think.

At the party, I am busy with so many packs gathered here. With polite conversations, I chat with them about politics, economics, and warrior training. None of them are my favorite topics, but I still keep a smile on my lips. When I glance over at Beta Daniel, a girl with violet hair catches my attention. She looks similar to my daughter. 

I can't believe that Sophia could heal that fast. I get closer to the girl to figure out who she is.

"Your Majesty, please allow me to- " An old man in a royal suit approaches me with a glass in his hand.

"Sorry, I have something to do now." I cut his words short and sprint to the girl with the violet hair.

She stands up quickly, and her scent sticks to my nose. I realize that it is my daughter, but something is wrong with her scent. Something that I have never felt in my life. Something too special for me to imagine.

She has a vanilla and chocolate scent.

"Sophia?! Sophia?!" I say her name so hard to identify if she is my daughter.

I must confirm that I was wrong when thinking she was my daughter. I already have my mate, and it's illogical for me to have two mates. The girl turns her face back to me, and I don't have enough courage to look at her. I don't want to go against my faith. I believe that the Moon Goddess only chooses one mate for me. Above all, I want to keep my virtue and loyalty to my wife.

So, I have no reason to meet this girl.

0