Chapter 9: I’m Not An Asshole
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alex? What's wrong?" Michael asks while having fun with a girl.

"Mike, help me take care of the rest," I demand.

My heart beats fast, and I feel like someone has burned my skin. My wolf, Titan, wakes up and howls like thunder. That's the hint that I've met my mate.

"What the heck are you doing?" Titan bears with his pain and growls.

"I have a reason to do it."

"Alex, what's going on?" Widening his eyes, Michael gets close to me and asks.

"I'll tell you after." Getting into the car, I lean back.

Beta Daniel follows my steps and gets in the car to drive me back to the castle.

"Your Highness, what happened? I thought you wanted to enjoy the party till the end," Beta Daniel asks as he drives the car away.

This is my second Beta, who is at my father's age. When my father passed away, I had to take Alpha's position at a young age. So, I need his help to run my pack smoothly. He has sharp eyes, a charming face, silver hair, and a rock body, making him very handsome.

"Nothing, Daniel papa. I feel tired. That's it," I reply, pretending to yawn.

I and Beta Daniel have a distant generation gap, and I always look at him as my second father. Closing my eyes to show him that I'm exhausted, I squeeze my fist, bearing with the hurt. My wolf flips around inside me and roars so hard with his wounds.

If the myth is true, I'll be punished after rejecting my mate. But I already have a mate? Why does this festering still keep chasing me? As if there is a snake that consistently bites me in my chest and squeezes my body and face, leading me to lose my breath.

"Alex, wake up. We're home." Someone slaps my face slightly and says.

Hearing the voice that I know is Beta Daniel, my eyes are stuck in the dark. I put all my remaining energy to say, "You... can... go... leave me alone."

"Are you drunk?" He shakes my shoulder and asks.

"Just go," The fire rises up unstopable in my bloodline, I whisper.

"Okay! Take care, Alex."

Gasping and moaning in the car, I can't see anything more than the dark.

Moon Goddess, what do you want from me?

Titan takes all his time after waking up to growl, scrape and touch his head while yelling. He is too busy to talk to me. The pain dies down in a short time. Then, it keeps on in my cell that I never can deal with.

At least, I am able to open my eyes. To a higher level, getting out of the car, then getting into my castle. Finally, I stand in front of my room.

Every hurt gathers in my chest. I try hard to open the door, still touching my chest when the pain bothers me.

"Honey, come!" In my blurry vision, a woman in her red bikini says while putting her butt towards me. I recognize this is my wife based on the scent. Vanessa in her charming clothes, she looks at me with her blue eyes.

She takes off my clothes in front of the candlelight. The fragrance of daisies spreads out in the room. Crawling over my body, she takes my hand and touches her wet entrance. My d*ck cannot come up even just a little.

I've been infatuated with her scent during the time that we've been together. But today, her scent with me f*cking smells like a fish. No, a slaughterhouse is more accurate.

Nobody can stay with that smell, I swear. So, I vomit after five seconds of engaging with her on the bed. Running to the toilet, I can't stop myself from throwing up.

"I'm so sorry, my darling. I thought I ate something bad at the party," I say when she opens the door and looks at me with her eyes have full of tears.

I get out of the toilet while my wife goes back to the bed. Her blonde hair falls down when she opens her legs and puts her hand on her thigh. Her red bra drops slowly and she looks at me with her naughty face.

“I'll sleep in the office room.”

Although I feel so sorry, I get out of the room without hesitating before a beautiful girl like her. I hear her yell and break things inside the room, but I decide to go.

“Why do you treat her like that? You bastard!” I scold myself in the office room.

My mind is empty and I feel like I’m a jerk. The Moon Goddess fooled me about my mate. Titan does not wake up anymore when I stay with my wife.

Taking a lot of documents on the table, I have to work all night to forget the hurt. I don’t allow myself to become an asshole in my wife’s eyes. After this night, everything will come back to the right circle.

Someone opens the door, and my blood boils out of my control. The scent of my mate swallows the air.

Sophia?!

I look up fast, my eyes pull in and the globes retract, and I stop writing on the document.

"You..!" With her hands covering her mouth, Sophia chokes up.

I keep silent with my cold face and fake emotion. Tears drop on the floor as Sophia sheds tears. Her feet stick on the ground in the silent room while I pretend to continue focusing on my work.

My wolf howls insanely inside me, wanting to touch her, hug her, and keep her beside us. 

She's my mate!

Clack! Clack!

She runs away like a rocket, leaving me a clack sound from the door.

I forgot to lock the door, which never happened before.

Today is the longest day I've ever experienced in my life.

My feet are out of my control. I chase after her, sprinting down the hall. Suddenly, my awareness returns to me, and I reach out to touch the wall. Gasping in the darkness, the pain takes over my body once again. I sit down on the floor and lift my chin up to the ceiling, placing my hand on the middle of my eyebrows.

 

"I'm not the asshole here. It's the Moon Goddess who is responsible.”

0