Chapter 10: Dad?! Is everything okay?
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sophia's POV.

 

“Why don’t you come with him? He’s our mate,” Sammy growls.

 

"Please sleep, Sam." I can't stop my tears from pouring out.

 

"What's wrong with you? Don’t tell me you want to reject him?”

 

I sit on the sofa in the living room and sigh without answering.

 

“Don’t be stupid, Sophia. He’s strong and handsome.”

 

Still not replying to her words, I walk up the stairs intending to go to my room. After getting into my room, I hide my face in my pillow and let my tears wet it.

 

My wolf loses her awareness gradually and falls asleep.

 

In the bottom of my heart, I am shocked that my mate is my father, but I have not rejected him yet. There are some sweet tastes when I think about my foster father.

 

Oh, shit. Why do I have such perverted thoughts?

 

Moreover, my dad has his wife, also his mate. I can't put my feet in and break their relationship.

 

Moon Goddess, do you hate me a lot?

 

I just want a normal love with a man who is sweet, gentle, kind, honest, and ideal. You chose for me the one that I can't touch.

 

Are you kidding me?!

 

Why is it that everyone has found their mate at the Moon Ball and live together happily ever after, but I haven’t? Either I’m the unluckiest in this world or the Moon Goddess made a mistake.

 

Opening my wallet, my eyes stick to the picture. The guy with bright eyes is holding a baby girl in her pink dress. They both have a happy smile towards the camera.

 

This is a photo of me and my real father. I don’t have enough memories about him. I only know one thing, that he was killed by a huge black wolf. The scene repeats in my nightmare every night.

 

My memory about his death has lost a scene, which is that I don't know who saved me from the devil wolf. There is a brick covering the truth. 

 

As if my memories were stolen, I just remember some pieces of memories about my dad.

 

(Flashback)

"Sophia, come on! We have to eat breakfast before you're late." My dad was in the kitchen with his apron on, smiling.

“I'm coming!" I brushed my hair and grinned at myself in the mirror.

Going to the kitchen, I sat down and ate the fried eggs with sandwich that my dad had prepared.

“Eat up! You’re going to be late!" Dad put the sandwich in front of me.

"You know why! Because I can't eat the same breakfast every day for months and years."

"Come on! It tastes so good."

I ate the meal that I was tired of. It took me a long time, about an hour, to finish my breakfast.

Dad sighed and quickly got his car keys.

“Good job! You did it! Now, we have 10 minutes to get to school."

Getting in the car, dad drove me to school. I hated going to school because my classmates laughed at me all the time because of my hair.

“It looks like a horn,” they said.

Dad tied my hair and it looked like a unicorn to me. There was a bunch of hair in the middle and two bunches of hair on either side. I puffed my cheeks when I thought about my classmates and how annoying they were.

"Come on! Get out of the car, Sophia. Enjoy your class!” Dad said with a smile as we stopped in front of the school gate.

“I love you, Daddy.” I kissed my dad on the cheek, as usual, and ran towards the school gate.

I never knew that would be the last time I would be with him.

Time was up and it was time to go home from school. Even though I was upset because dad didn't pick me up, I got on a bus to go home.

Opening the door of my house, I heard a big bang coming from the office room.

I thought dad had dropped something heavy but still went up the stairs and knocked on the door of the office room.

“Dad?! Is everything okay?”

The door wasn’t locked and I opened it when I felt that something was wrong because my dad didn’t reply to me.

The huge black wolf killed my dad in front of my eyes. At that moment, I felt a pain in my stomach and a headache. My memories were lost at this scene and never came back during my lifetime.

The next day, many people came to my house. I didn't understand what they said about my dad.

“Poor little girl! Becoming an orphan overnight.” Someone said that as they looked at me in my room.

Then, Alpha Alexander came and suggested that he foster me. I didn't really understand what fostering was until he said that he would become my dad.

(Present)

Wiping my tears, I look at myself in the mirror. I have to reject this fate. I don't want to put all of us into awkwardness. I'll avoid facing him as much as I can.

Despite my gut telling me that I should ignore everything and fall in love with my mate, I intend to find the truth behind my dad’s death.

The devil wolf who stole my dad’s life still leisurely lives in this world without any punishments. I used to ask my dad to investigate about that guy but there is no clue.

It seems like he faded away in a mysterious way, and by some magic way, nobody gossips or reminds about him. 

It's pretty weird.

I fall asleep after thinking too much about the past.

In the morning, I wake up early, preparing to go to warrior training. Although I have a piano class today, I drop that class without hesitation.

The dawn rises, and the birds sing in the trees. I hide my driver car to go to the warrior training. Standing in the yard, I see Alpha Alexander standing afar, leading an important team.

I must avoid meeting my dad in any circumstance. Secretly, I go to the office building and climb up the stairs. Taking a deep breath, I enter the reception room.

“Excuse me, I want to apply to join the warriors.”

Sammy is my hope for helping me become stronger and get revenge for my dad. That's why I have confidence in doing this.

“Madam, nice to meet you. Are you sure of what you just said? You have to pass the test to join the warriors. And the test is extremely harsh.”

0