What Am I!?
431 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Here is the next chapter of The Dragon Gamer. Once again, thanks for your love and support.

You can read next chapter of The Dragon Gamer now and join the Discord Server now through my Patron page.

Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me by buying me a coffee for all the work I put in publishing all the stories and get access to the Discord server as well by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Ddraig" Ddraig or other dragons speaking.

'Ddraig/ Other Dragon thought' Ddraig/ other Dragons thinking.

System speaking

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

The Dragon Gamer

Chapter 4

What Am I!?

Quest Complete!

Hidden Quest- In the time of Need.

Compete or fight against a supernatural being not using any of the Gamer abilities and Sacred Gear.

Quest Reward- (?)

Aurva couldn't focus on it. But there was something to the side that grabbed his attention and he focused on it.

Race-? 

That was what it said and Aurva pressed it.

Initiating.

Due to the activation of (?) Protocol, Gamer was forced to change race and with the Red Dragon Emperor, Ddraig's blessing, the species of change has been chosen.

"Ddraig, which Protocol is it talking about? I can't remember anything!" Aurva yelled in shock.

"Dumbass. Let me explain what ruckus you did last night," said Ddraig.

"So when that woman leaned in and kissed you, she injected some poison into your body and you didn't have any 'skill' to bypass it, you fell victim to it." Ddraig started.

"Huh, a poison? I didn't think this world had poisons, Ddraig." Aurva dumbly replied, which made Ddraig rethink his life choices.

"You moron! Any world will have poisons. You know about the one Samael has, right?" 

"Ah, yeah. I forgot about that. Hehe. Continue." Aurva said sheepishly.

"So you started walking around like a drunk idiot and the 2 people you saw, that man and woman followed you with happy smiles. It's a trap, you moron. A perfect trap. You walked right into it. Then you entered a tear in space and came here." Ddraig said, pointing to the burning world around them. 

"So this is the supernatural part of Vegas then?" Aurva asked and Ddraig nodded. 

"You got drunk just a minute away from the Supernatural Vegas and those 2 took full advantage of you and walked you through the portal. You landed in a dark alley like many scenes from those delinquent mangas and they both had some ill intent towards you.

Then as they were about to break you into pieces and sell you or take me away from you, I shouted at that monotone woman to do something. Then this happened." Ddraig said, making a hand gesture. Aurva was confused and saw a blue screen form in front of them.

Flashback Begin 

Report.

Foreign substances detected. Initiating purge.

Purge Failed.

Initiating Purge.

Purge Failed.

Initiating Purge.

Purge Failed.

"Shut up and do something that can pull us out of this mess!" Yelled Ddraig.

Request acknowledged.

Initiating Emergency Protocol. 

Initiation Successful.

Transferring control to the Red Dragon Emperor, Ddraig.

Transfer successful.

Quest Alert!

Quest -

"Get lost! I'm not in any mood to see all your useless tests. Show me the target!" Ddraig screamed. 

Quest Auto accepted.

Limiting Fighting capabilities, successful.

The Gamer can no longer use Boosted Gear or any other special equipment for this fight.

"What! Why can't I use my Gear?" Ddraig yelled in rage. How the hell can this system do this to him at a moment his host was in danger. He can't even say if the man can live another day.

Boost! Ddraig shouted, trying to use his ability.

Restricted. The Gamer is being limited from using the Boosted Gear. The system said, shocking Ddraig.

'What!? Something that can nullify my control over my power? What formidable system you got yourself, partner.' Ddraig thought in wonder.

He doesn't know many things that can restrict his power. From his knowledge and what he had heard, only Lucifer and to a lesser effect, Rizvim have that power. Even the Biblical God didn't have the power to restrict his power. 

"What the hell can I do if I can't use my power, you dumb system?" Ddraig yelled as he saw the 2 people inch closer to him.

Due to the activation of Emergency protocol, The Gamer's 'core' abilities and weapons remain intact and available for the Red Dragon Emperor, Ddraig to use. The system replied.

"Ok, show me what they are," Ddraig asked calmly. At least if he can't use his Boost power, he can use whatever these 'core' abilities are.

Request Acknowledged.

Core Abilities of the Gamer-

Gamer's Mind.

Gamer's Body.

Observe.

ID: Create. 

ID: Escape.

Wood Style (Mokuton)

Wood Clone

Reinforced Wood Clone 

Earth Style (Doton

Water Style (Suiton)

Shapeshifting

Weapons-

Arondight

Gram (sealed).

"Wait, Arondight? If I can use that, then what's the delay? Arondight!" Ddraig called, imagining Aurva extending his hand, trying to grip something. 

From nowhere, a bright light engulfed the area and in Aurva's hand gripped a purple sword. Ddraig commanded to pull the sword from the tear in space, and a sword came to Aurva's hand, its majestic aura blowing winds from its sheer presence.

'Aurva should definitely learn how to use it. Its destructive power is uncontrollable.' Ddraig thought, filing it away in 'priority mastery' in his brain and focused on the threat in front of him.

He can see how the man and woman are not phased by the powerful aura the sword was giving and decided to scare them a bit. He swung the sword in a wide arc, creating a purple energy attack and sending it towards the approaching two.

To Ddraig's astonishment, both of them jumped out of the way and the arc went on, hitting some random shop and blowing it up.

"Who the fuck has the gall to destroy my shop?" The owner, a magical beast-human hybrid, yelled in rage.

"Oh my, I didn't expect him to be this rough. You see, sir. That man is responsible for your damage." The woman pointed at Aurva innocently and in his reckless madness, the hybrid charged toward Aurva without a second thought.

"You are dead MEAT!" He charged, only to get sliced by Arondight in Aurva's hand. Another arc was released as Ddraig didn't have any control over the sword and another store was destroyed.

The owner, this time being some kind of fish supernatural species, charged in rage by little prodding from the man and woman and met with the same fate.

This continued for some time as Aurva's persecutors took full advantage of his situation by manipulating all the people around him to charge against Aurva while they stayed on a rooftop and observed carefully.

"Don't you think that sword is worth more than him?" The man asked with a happy smile.

"Oh boy, you are such a short-sighted person. If he has that sword, what else is he hiding from us? Imagine him having some kind of powerful Sacred Gear. Don't you think it would bring us more money and power?" She asked with an enticing smile.

"Are you trying to tell me to kill him and take whatever he has?" 

"Of course, isn't that our job? It's not like we don't have people at high places behind us. With his help, we can easily deal with him and get what we want or even better, recruit him."

"It's not a good idea to call him here. I don't want to deal with his 'Higher than thou attitude' and battle craze. I'm out if you call him." He argued.

"Such a baby. I should have known I can't manipulate you into doing my bidding." She said with a smirk.

"You are too young to try those cheap tricks on me. They simply won't work." He replied with a victorious smirk.

"Let's get back to our target then." They decided and turned towards Aurva only to see him destroying everything around him.

"Ah, does he have any mental issues? He doesn't look human anymore." The man pointed as the rage and anger in Aurva's eyes surpass the rage some random humans have.

"I think we should deal with him personally. Your pawns won't last long." The man said as Aurva started mindlessly cutting everything and anything in his path, disregarding any semblance of rationality.

Ddraig was fed up with this shit. He tried solving this peacefully and tried to coax the demi-humans and creatures he was fighting to give some information. But nothing worked.

And the most outrageous thing is the two perpetrators of this whole thing are standing on a far building, talking like some angry couple about something while he is working his ass off to maintain balance and keep up with that good for nothing system.

It is sending too much information into his brain, it became very difficult for him to handle. He now understood how powerful and sophisticated the Gamer system is.

He always wondered how Aurva was able to go through that much information and knowledge and process it to get the best results, he now understood the reason.

It's the Gamer's Mind. It enables Aurva to think at abnormal rates and in a rational way which allows him to make unbiased decisions all the time and thus enhancing his intelligence.

Even he, The Red Dragon Emperor, who lived for Eons couldn't process the information the system is sending him through the limited skills Aurva can use now.

The possibility to use the basic skills Aurva has is nothing to scoff at and as he continued to fight with the system, a brilliant idea struck him.

"Activate Gamer's Mind," Ddraig commanded, trying to test his theory. A blue box appeared in front of him and disappeared. Ddraig thought his trial failed.

Command Acknowledged.

Activating Gamer's Mind. Came the voice of the system. Ddraig felt everything around him freeze over. As he saw through Aurva's eyes everything had a blue tag on it and he felt that it was waiting for his command.

He can see numerous possibilities to use the skills he has and different areas to use them with possibilities of any intersection or counter attack. It's simply marvellous.

When he processes everything, this time with ease, he can see everything move again. He saw all the possibilities and used Mokuton.

"Wood Style: Wood Clone Jutsu," Aurva said. Ddraig imagined Wood clones forming around him and 100 Wood Clones came into existence.

'I think I overdid it. Nah, it doesn't matter.' Ddraig thought and ordered all his Wood clones to attack incoming creatures while he is going to focus on the 2 responsible for this.

Meanwhile

While Ddraig was starting to get the hang of things, the man and woman started to think of ways and how everything came to this.

"I didn't expect him to be this strong while drugged." The woman said.

"Yeah, who would have thought he possessed a strong Demonic sword at first glance and what is with that senseless destruction? Did he lose it?" He asked in worry.

"I don't know how he managed to fight my manipulation now when he couldn't resist my allure when I used your poison when I was kissing him." She thought deeply.

She managed to attract him and manipulate Aurva to her whims into kissing her and injecting the toxic poison into him without being noticed. 

But now, when the poison should be working at its peak and knocking him out, he is fighting like a madman without any rationality and mindlessly destroying everything. Wait, mindless and irrational.

"Damn it. Why didn't I make the connection? Ok, it's simple. If I manage to get close to him, I would be able to control him with my manipulation as he is irrational and mindless." She said with a hungry smile.

"You think it will work? You can see how destructive he is and what is that? How come he has 100 copies of himself now?" He asked dumbfounded. As she turned, she came to see the same image of 100 Aurva's. 

She also observed how one of them started moving towards them and assumed him to be the original. She got a brilliant idea.

"Look, he is coming towards us. So we just need to plan carefully and we can control him easily. Focus. We can do this." She said in a passionate tone and the man couldn't deny it.

"Ok. I'll prepare the strongest poison I have." He promised and as the woman predicted, Aurva was upon them in 2 jumps.

'He is fast,' they thought and while Aurva charged towards the woman, thinking her to be the real threat, the man attacked.

"Hydra," the man said, producing vast amounts of liquid purple-blue poison from his body and shaping it into a 3 headed poison Dragon. Ddraig was shocked by this.

Aurva went unconscious with a small dose of an unknown poison which pushed him into taking charge. He can't imagine facing that-.

'Wait, Albion used to fight with his poison and it is stronger than this shit. Why the hell I didn't think about that. It won't affect me. Even if Aurva is affected, if I put his body to sleep, he will recover tomorrow.

Damn, that felt dumb. Maybe it's been a long time since I lost a fight by myself. I should often do this at least to remember some basic things.' He thought, criticising himself for not remembering that small fact. He knew how to counter this attack.

"Scorching Flames," Ddraig said, spewing a large scorching fireball from Aurva's mouth towards the purple Hydra. The man's eyes widened at this.

'How did he know fire is my weakness? This is bad. I can't survive that much heat. How the hell is that fireball that hot!' He thought in frustration, abandoning his Hydra, he made a road towards the far side of the field and escaped through it.

But Ddraig's fire didn't stop at the Hydra and swallowed the poison road he made to escape and if he didn't escape at the last second, he would have burned alive because of the hot flames.

'I should be careful. They are very hot and I can't play with him anymore.' He thought, carefully analysing to prepare a counter.

While he was getting his ass kicked, his partner did her best to go close near Aurva; she coincidentally reached him as his cheeks blew scorching fire and burnt her partner's poison Hydra.

'I must do it quickly.' She thought as she touched Aurva, and used her manipulation power, which managed to stop Ddraig's fire attack and she was immediately taken into Aurva's subconscious.

"Who is this?" She heard a guttural voice ask. The voice was so loud and terrifying that it chilled her to her core. She robotically turned to see the owner of the voice only to freeze over. 

"Ah, the kissing human. How great of you to appear before me. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be in this mess and this idiot wouldn't be sleeping like this." Ddraig said to the mental representation of Aurva, who was chilling under an umbrella, deep in sleep.

"Re-Re-Red Dr-Dra-Draagon Emp-Emperor?" She asked in disbelief, frightened about her fate. She knew her limits as a human who hunts for abilities and use them, she needs to know how far she can push. But she didn't expect to come face to face with one of the Heavenly Dragons even in her wildest dreams.

"So you are aware of me. Good. Very good. That makes this simple. See, human, your good for nothing poison knocked this idiot out and his useless system is pushing me to do everything to keep him alive. 

I'll say this once. Leave this area this instance. I don't know how much you heard about my rage, but it won't be pretty if you don't leave. Is that understood?" Ddraig asked with narrowed eyes and the woman nodded vigorously.

"Good. Now scram!" Ddraig said authoritatively, pushing her out of Aurva's Paradise. He wants to rest now. He didn't sign for this shit when he accepted this otherworldly traveller with his broken ability as his partner.

He can understand how rotting in an inescapable prison dulls your senses after a long time. But he did have fun though. This (?) Protocol allowed him to stretch his legs in a way and he is happy about it.

Ddraig was relieved to see his Fire work on the poison but he also sensed something massive build-up and concentrated on the outside world as he spent a little too much time in his musings.

Even with the superior processing speed and calculations of the system, what he saw surprised him. There, in front of him stood a large red beast with a smoking exterior looking at him with barely hidden fury.

 
Few Moments Ago

While his partner was doing her best to get out alive after coming face to face with the Red Dragon Emperor, he was in a bind.

Aurva's flames though stopped for a second, continued coming after him and he got cornered now. Though he didn't want to use that technique, things look like he doesn't have any other option.

He knows how much that spell strains him and how terrifying it will be and is confident that this Fire won't affect him one bit if that technique is used. Trusting his instincts, he transformed.

"Venom Demon: Hell's Judgment," he bellowed. His form began to change and his body started producing an enormous amount of liquid poison, that he calls Hell's Hand. It has an eerie red glow to it, poisoning anything that comes into contact with it. Even air.

It started to cover his body and took the form of a massive devil-like entity that mimics his every movement, with its head and hands resembling him.

He knew the poison made from this attack is so toxic that it affects even non-organic objects, with the poison spreading like a disease over everything that makes contact with it, even if not directly, and seems to kill the afflicted victims right away once the infection spreads throughout the body at a very rapid rate. 

By the time his partner made it to him, he was fully transformed and she knew how futile it is to talk with him in this state as his focus will be on killing the target.

While she helplessly saw her partner change into the Venom Demon, she distanced herself from him and ran to a far corner to silently escape. After all, she knew she can't face the might of one of the Heavenly Dragons and knew the fate of her partner was sealed.

Ddraig had different ideas and as soon as his eyes landed on the red beast, he felt excited. Disregarding his partner's safety and life, and the effect that poison has on Aurva's body, Ddraig charged into the battle like a proud Dragon he is.

'Amazing. What glow. If I didn't know better, I would have second thoughts on this.' Ddraig thought, appreciating the human for giving him a good battle and charged his fire.

This fight reminded him of his glory days all those years ago. Those were the days in which he and Albion, the 2 unmatched and strongest Dragons after Great Red and Ophis, fought in their eternal battle.

They both bettered each other and pushed one another beyond their limits. When he saw Albion use his Poison, he countered it with his Fire, which resulted in a stalemate. So they started developing new skills to fight.

He charged his Fire and with one large breath, released it towards the incoming Red Beast and expected it to get obliterated. But much to his surprise, his attack only managed to tear through the first few layers of the beast, after which the thickness of the Poison resisted his Fire. He was elated.

This attack has the same power as his previous fire attack as he wants to test his opponent's poison before using a powerful one and the red beast proved its worthiness.

'Good. Now let the show begin.' Ddraig thought, spewing even hotter and larger Fireballs than before. It went straight towards the approaching Poison Demon and the eerie red beast released a large glob of poison towards the fireball.

'I'm not going to give up!' The man roared in his mind, as he saw the fireball approach and released a large poison attack to nullify it. Ddraig felt the resistance and increased power in his attack.

Noticing his poison being pushed back, the man tried to use more poison but felt he couldn't create more poison. Now he was in a rock and a hard place.

He knew what this meant. He was at his limit. Both magical power and poison resistance. If he pushes any further, his body will be affected by the poison and his magic will drop to dangerous levels that he may die.

And on the other hand, if he cancels the attack now, the fireball will definitely come for him and knowing how much damage it can do, he opted to stand strong and used the rest of his magic and increased the output of the poison.

Ddraig saw how his attack stopped moving further and increased the magic output and this time, his attack took the shape of a large Red Dragon moving forward towards the Poison Demon. The Poison Demon was ready.

When both attacks met, a large explosion shook the area, disintegrating anything and everything that it touched and after a few seconds of resistance, Ddraigs dragon devoured the Poison Demon and dispersed in a large flame burst, burning everything in the Supernatural Vegas to the ground.

'Now that's a good light show.' Ddraig thought, exhausted from controlling and using the Gamer system and fighting a good battle after a long time. He unknowingly went to sleep to recover his energy.

Flashback End

"So you enjoyed a lot in my absence, playing with my body, eh?" Aurva asked and Ddraig had a Dragon's equivalent of a sheepish expression.

"That's fine. I'll forgive you. At least you kept me alive. Let's see what this change is." Aurva said, opening notifications from the system.

"Can I know about this change and which race it is?" Aurva asked.

Request Acknowledged.

Due to the Activation of Emergency Protocol and Red Dragon Emperor's auto acceptance of the Quest- In the Time of Need.

Quest Complete!

Hidden Quest- In the Time of Need.

Compete or fight against supernatural creatures using only the Gamers 'core abilities'.

Quest Reward- Partner.

Chosen Race- Fallen Angel

Due to the activation of the Emergency Protocol, Race Change was triggered as the current race was deemed inadequate.

The change of race was chosen at random, following the Gamer's past approach. Explained the system.

"Wait, are you telling me I'm going to be a Fallen Angel!" Aurva shouted in terror. He didn't want this to happen. Completely forgot about the Quest reward.

"You Moron! What's wrong with this?" Ddraig asked incredulously. He can't see anything wrong with it except the obvious benefits.

Fallen Angels are strong and live long as well. They can use Holy Magic and this may also grant a physical boost to Aurva's stats as well.

He can't understand why his partner is concerned about this. "Damn it, Ddraig. You are forgetting about our residence. We live in Devil territory!" Aurva yelled. 

"So what? They can't match you." Ddraig argued. 

"It's not about strength, Ddraig. Imagine what they would do if they knew I am a Fallen Angel? They may threaten my parents or anyone related to me and even worse, if I fight them and anything happens to them, it might trigger a war!"

Panic attack has been neutralised by Gamer's Body. Announced the system.

"Ok. Cool. Let's think about that when I face them. Let's chill-"

Initiating Change.

Body Modification Started.

Estimated Time to complete change- 5 Minutes.

'This is it. I'm never gonna be Human again! I must saviour this mome-' Aurva's internal rant was cut off when a soft body pressed itself on his back rather forcefully.

With a confused expression, he turned back to come face to face with the same bun haired woman who enticed him yesterday in Vegas.

"Eh? Who are you and what are you doing here?" He asked incredulously, which took a few minutes as his eyes landed on her not so small bosom, again.

Body Modification Complete.

Race Change Successful.

New Race- Human-Fallen Hybrid. With that statement, the system went silent and Aurva's mind went blank which resulted in the bun haired girl catching him as he fell from shock.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

14