Advances
230 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of The Dragon Gamer. I know it is late, but I'm busy with irl stuff. Hope you enjoy the chapter.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Ddraig" Ddraig or other dragons speaking.

'Ddraig/ Other Dragon thought' Ddraig/ other Dragons thinking.

System speaking

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

If you are curious to know the Update schedule and results of the poll and talk to me in general, join my Discord server. By entering the code after / to join the Sanctum.

Tserhx2NzH

Finally, if you are interested in Naruto Harry Potter crossovers, check my new story (Destined Saviour). Show it some love as well.

Here is a short summary.

Unforeseen circumstances push Naruto into an unexpected journey. What will Naruto do when he finds himself in the world of Magic in a different body? Takes place in HPverse.

Enjoy.

The Dragon Gamer

Chapter 7

Advances

Report.

The Labyrinth has shattered till level 50. Executing Lockdown for emergency repairs. The System said and teleported Aurva and Elena to the safe area in level 1 and started repairing the labyrinth.

Few Days Later

Report.

The Labyrinth repairs were successful. Executing welcome protocol. The System said and a blue screen with a ping lit up on Aurva and Elena, waking them up.

As The Gamer has fully rested, HP, MP and all status effects have been resolved. The blue screen above Aurva read as he groggily opened his eyes.

"Eh?" He asked dumbfounded.

"No naughty Dragon. This is not the place for it." He heard a girlish giggle and sweat dropped. To his side, Elena was stretching and waking up.

'What did she dream about? This woman is pushing me, damn it.' Aurva thought with a sigh. He is not Issei and doesn't want to be like him as well.

But every time Elena dreams of him doing something naughty, he gets curious and wants to try it but doesn't want to be seen as a super pervert like Issei. So he controls himself every time.

"Morning, gorgeous." He greeted the bluenett who gave him a teasing smile.

"Good morning, Aurva-sama. Where are we?" She asked, looking around.

"It is the 1st floor I think," Aurva said, scanning his surroundings.

Report.

The Party had been moved to the 1st floor when the Hell Labyrinth was repaired. The System explained which made Aurva and Elena nod until she realised something.

"So we destroyed the whole thing?" She asked, moving close to his face.

"You destroyed till 20 and I did the next 30." He said with a sheepish smile which made Elena kiss him.

"That's amazing! That good-for-nothing shit thought I'm just another girl!" She huffed and this time Aurva took the initiative and kissed her.

"Calm down, dear." He soothed and Elena visibly relaxed. All the tension that built up from the fight was relieved and they stayed like that for a few minutes until a familiar voice spoke.

"Will you stop being lovey-dovey and check the damn stats and rewards?" Ddraig asked impatiently. He was waiting for Aurva to come back to his senses into the battle persona and enjoy the rewards but the damn human, (cough) (cough) Human-Fallen was blinded by lust.

'Guess his Fallen Angel nature is showing its sinful fangs.' He theorised.

'Yeah, yeah. I got distracted.' Aurva apologised and opened the menu only to be bombarded with hundreds upon hundreds of pings at once.

-30 HP

"Damn, these pings are affecting my health." He said and sorted them one by one and started going through them.

Quest Complete!

Quest - Surpassing your Nemesis.

Hidden Quest- Raid the Labyrinth.

The Hell Labyrinth is a dangerous dungeon. Raid it and raise it to the ground.

Quest Reward- 10,000 Exp and ¥500,000.

Auto loot is active. All the loot has been transferred to the Inventory.

You received 87,000 Exp for defeating Floor 50 Boss, Blitz.

You received 52,000 Exp for defeating Floor 30 Boss, Sol.

You defeated a total of 150 monsters in total. You received 312,500 Exp.

Party mode Bonus, 76,000 Exp.

You have gained a total of 527,500 Exp.

Congratulations! You have levelled up x6.

Congratulations! You have reached level 26.

Your mana pool has increased by 2500 points.

Your STR went up by 27 points.

Your VIT went up by 9 points.

Your DEX went up by 13 points.

Your INT went up by 8 points.

Your WIS went up by 10 points.

Your CHA went up by 4 points.

Your LUCK went up 3 points.

The preliminary notifications came and Aurva was very excited to see the stats updates and a bit surprised by the Bonus he got from Party mode. He didn't know that was a thing.

He moved to his skill notifications and was surprised by the first one.

Arondight has peeked and reached lvl 51, unlocking the Noble Phantasm. Hearing the new word, Aurva pressed the Info button beside it to get an explanation.

Arondight Overload: (Breaking All Restraints - Overloaded Light of the Lake) is the Noble Phantasm of Lancelot. Lancelot bestows an overload to the Unbreakable Lake Light, letting the charged magical energy leak out. It is then re-purposed into an attack.

This Noble Phantasm is something close to a sword skill, which deliberately refrains from emitting the mana as a slash of light, instead releasing it upon cutting at the target.

"So in essence, it overloads the attack at the point of impact and releases it. Damn, that would be like a Dragon Shot but with a sword." Aurva thought, imagining the attack.

"A useful powerup indeed. Then doesn't this make Arondight on par with Excalibur and Caliburn?" Ddraig asked and Aurva turned to him in shock.

"What, what did you say?"

"Doesn't this powerup make the sword on par with Excalibur and Caliburn?" Ddraig repeated and Aurva's brain kicked into gear and started thinking of all possibilities.

"We can definitely try it. Should see the chance of success though as we need more mastery to control the sword to that level. It was not fully under my control yet." He sighed and Ddraig raised his non-existent eyebrows curiously.

"I can feel the sword's disinterest to help him. It's like that snobbish kid who is too proud of his power. The sword is the same. It needs more taming. It can handle very large amounts of mana without trouble. But I would rather waste that mana than bend it to my will and use it. Such a wonderful sword yet a fitting drawback." Aurva smiled bittersweetly.

"You still have many other skills that have evolved, partner. Go ahead." Ddraig tried his style of encouragement and Aurva nodded and moved on.

Life Drain went up by 6 levels. Life Drain reached level 7.

"Life Drain eh? I do remember what consuming all that energy made me. Damn, that's some nasty power-up, Ddraig." Aurva said and Ddraig agreed.

Using Life Drain gave Aurva a new perspective on life and the madness that follows must be kept under control as it is the major flaw he observed when he was in that engaged state.

"What's this LDF again?"

Life Drain Factor

Life Drain Factor is the amount of Life Drained compared to the user's current life force. Users can Drain up to 1.25 times the User's Life Force without any ill effects at once.

If the user Drains more than 2.5 times the Users Life Force, the ill effects of the victims consumed will be passed on. The System explained.

"Damn. I just like that I consumed 4 times more than what I normally can handle and without any prior practice." Aurva realised the dumb move he made.

"Staying sane would be tough in those scenarios and you have maintained a good level of control. You just need to work on it." Ddraig suggested and Aurva nodded.

"Though the reason it didn't affect me much was I completely converted into magic and gave it to Arondight instead of 'consuming' so that might have saved me." Aurva theorised and Ddraig thought about it.

It is a plausible theory. But Aurva should either find a way to control it. Though they should know the base to know the limit.

"Partner, see what's your current base so that you can know how far you can push things." He suggested and Aurva nodded.

"Request to know Life Drain Limit."

Request Acknowledged.

Name: Issei Hyoudou

Age: 17

Title: Stray Slayer, Super Pervert/Oppai Baka.

Race- Human-Fallen (6 Winged)

Job: The Gamer.

Life Force- 6000 Years.

LDF Limit- 7500 Years.

Aurva did a spit-take at that. "6000 years? Damn."

"That's rather low. But guess the Life Drain has similar effects to the Juggernaut Drive." Ddraig said and Aurva was still in shock to reply.

"Partner," Ddraig called and sent some of his Aura out, which managed to shake the frozen blonde.

"It's too much for me to handle, Ddraig. I never saw such a high number as age. I can't imagine how much Juggernaut Drive affects me now when a skill which was supposed to help me drained nearly 4k years." He commented.

"You can always use it to keep a stockpile of reserves for you to burn. I think the conversion of Life force into magic helped there."

"Looks like it. But I am gonna have at least 2 times my age in reserves from now on." He resolved and Ddraig nodded. He started scrolling.

Basic Sword Mastery reached Max level.

A new skill book 'Sword Master' was added to the Inventory.

Boosted Gear has reached Lvl 22.

Boosted Gear (Passive/Active) Lvl 22 (9.7%)

Current Boost Limit - 16

Passive 20% Boost added to all stats on levelling up x12.

He saw a few pings in the party channel and opened it to see what it was about and what he saw surprised him.

The skill 'Manipulation' has reached Max level.

Gravity Manipulation has levelled up x20.

Gravity Manipulation (Active) Level 21(3.75%).

Only those 2 pings appeared in the party channel and Aurva got a plan in mind. He turned to Elena, who was looking at him curiously.

"How about we stay here for a few weeks and gain more experience? How many days have passed since we came here?" He asked in confusion.

Report.

The Party is in the labyrinth for 30 days. The System answered.

"Damn, it's been a month, which isn't more than a week in the outside world. Well, let's walk around for another month and exit." Aurva said and Elena nodded.

With more excitement than before, the Red Dragon Emperor and his Partner have started their new hunt in the Labyrinth.

A Month Later

Aurva and Elena had a wonderful time in the Labyrinth in the past month and gained a lot of experience both physically and skill-wise.

Aurva managed to Max out many skills he had and made good progress in the other skills which he rarely use to get a good understanding of them.

Elena in particular managed to control herself when she pushed herself with her 'Manipulation' magic and Aurva got 2.5x his life force in reserves for Life Drain.

The improvement of skills also gave them many new ideas in combat situations and they created some combo moves as well.

In total, it was a useful month, focused fully on self-improvement more than combat training and with renewed determination and confidence that they can achieve their goal, they began a new chapter of their journey.

As they were about to exit, Aurva checked their stats one last time. 'Status,' he thought.

Status Window

Name: Issei Hyoudou (Aurva)

Age: 17

Title: Stray Slayer, Super Pervert/Oppai Baka.

Race- Human-Fallen (6 Winged)

Job: The Gamer.

Level: Lvl 26 (61.03%)

HP: 21235/21235 Regen: 26% pm.

MP: 7380/7380 Regen: 26% pm.

CP: 5810/5810 Regen: 26% pm.

Control: 37%

STR: 97

VIT: 33

DEX: 98

INT: 82

WIS: 85

CHA: 9

LUCK: 22

Stat Points: 95

Money: ¥87.1 Million

Skill Window

Gamer's Mind. Passive. Lvl Max.

Gamer's Body. Passive. Lvl Max.

Observe. Active. Lvl 32 (9.07%)

ID: Create. Active. Lvl 5(7.5%)

- Stray City (Cleared)

- Hybrid Heaven

- Hell Labyrinth (50% Cleared)

- Zombie Forest

-Special ID named Purgatory is available.

ID: Escape. Active. Lvl 5(7.5%)

Wood Style (Mokuton) (Active) Lvl Max.

Wood Clone (Active) Lvl Max

Reinforced Wood Clone (Active) Lvl Max

Kawarimi no Jutsu (Substitution) (Active) Lvl Max

Leaf sticking exercise (Active) lvl Max

Tree Climbing Exercise (Active) Lvl Max

Water Walking exercise (Active) Lvl Max

Earth Style (Doton) (Active) Lvl 25 (7.0%)

Water Style (Suiton) (Active) Lvl 25 (6.80%)

Vanishing Rasengan (Active) Lvl 13 (9.70%)

Lightning Style (Raiton) (Active) Lvl 17 (3.64%)

Shapeshifting(Active) Lvl Max

Transformation (Active) Lvl Max

Basic Blunt Weapon Mastery Lvl 35 (Passive)

Basic Swordsmanship (Active) Lvl Max

Sword Master (Active) Lvl 6 (9.74%)

An advanced skill in swordsmanship which allows the user to use the sword masterfully without losing the power of the attack and technique.

Telekinesis (Active) Lvl Max

Mjolnir (Active) Lvl Max

Detection of Bloodlust/KI (Passive) Lvl 18 (0.98%)

Meditation (Active/Passive) Lvl Max

Time Ratio (Passive) Lvl 6 (5.0%)

Current Time Ratio 6:1.

Mana Affinity (Passive) Lvl 15(86.0%)

Boosted Gear (Passive/Active) Lvl 23 (9.7%)

Current Boost Limit - 16

Memory Wipe (Active) Lvl Max.

Iron skin (Active) Lvl Max

Life Drain (Active) Lvl 7 (6.66%)

Current LDF- 3.25 times

Illusion Magic (Active) Lvl 5 (7.34%)

Mystic Palm (Active) Lvl 10 (3.45%)

Earth Shadow Magic (Active) Lvl 5 (0.0%)

Teleportation (Active) Lvl Max

Flight (Active) Lvl Max

Sensory Magic (Active) Lvl 20 (23.0%)

Critical Hit (Active) Lvl 1 (25%)

Bleeding (Active) Lvl 1 (25%)

Arondight Mastery (Active/Passive) Lvl 50 (6.66%)

Arondight Overload

Blessing of the Red Dragon Emperor

He moved on to Elena's.

Name: Elena Startrix

Age: 19

Title: The Black Manipulator.

Race: Human

Job: Vassal of Sekiryuutei

Level: Lvl 31 (2.09%)

HP: 27000/27000

MP: 6100/6100

STR: 67

VIT: 31

DEX: 71

INT: 64

WIS: 58

CHA- 30

LUCK: 16

"Neat. We can now move out on our quest." Aurva said and used ID: Exit.

"Let's steal Albion's jewel, partner," Ddraig said to which Aurva nodded in determination.

"Are you ready, Elena?" He asked and the bluenette gave a nod.

"Let's get started then." He said and as he was about to teleport, an idea struck him.

'Sorry, Ddraig. On the off chance that Albion found you, the battle will change into a chaotic one. I want to avoid it.' He thought and though he didn't get a reply, know that Ddraig understood his concern.

"Request to Suppress the Boosted Gear," he asked.

Request Acknowledged.

Suppressing Boosted Gear is successful. The System replied and Aurva can no longer feel the presence of Ddraig. He knew Ddraig and Albion had an uncanny ability to identify each other with ease. As he doesn't want to be discovered yet, he had to suppress Ddraig. He turned to his new 'Vassal'.

"This is your first time Teleporting right?"

"I was teleported before. But the method you use will be different I think." She replied and hugged his hand tightly.

"Paris, here we come," Aurva said and with a mental command, both of them were engulfed in Aurva's magic circle and teleported to Paris.

Aurva chose Paris in particular cause it is famous for many things and being a supernatural hub is one of them. It is called the city of Love cause most Supernatural tend to live there as humans and have some fun.

And if there is a place in Europe where anyone knows where Vali is, it would be there. So Aurva followed his mind and appeared in Paris, nothing worse for wear. He added a layer of illusion on Elena just to hide her real face.

He doesn't want them discovered and on the off chance they were, not tracked back to Kuoh after all. Things are sticky as it is. They were teleported into a... Toilet? An empty toilet.

'God. What the fuck, system.' He cursed the stupid system and walked out as if nothing was wrong.

It appeared to be a party street and the whole thing was lit with numerous colours which makes a normal person difficult to see. But Aurva and Elena had no problems and they skillfully navigated through the masses.

They lurked around in search of any ruse of a betting fight or a street fight in general and it took them a few days to find the right place where street fights usually happen.

Paris is a big city after all and having up to date Google maps certainly helped. They ge really stay in a hotel for the night or just teleport to Paradise if they don't feel like staying in a hotel.

Paris was a good city and if you have money, everything goes smoothly for you as in the case of Aurva and Elena. Unknown to him, the ex-Hero Faction member had tons of money in a pocket dimension and the extra share she got from her share of lots only added up.

They were searching the night and shopping during the day. Aurva had a first-hand experience of having a girl as a friend for the first time and it is still as he remembered it. He prayed for this suffering to end and finally they found the correct street where things can get interesting and he was thankful for it.

"Are you all ready for the Le Plus Fort?" The DJ asked and everyone cheered. 'Le Plus Fort. As in The strongest? If there is any place Vali would be, that would be my best try.' Aurva knew that.

For a battle junkie like Vali, a place where he can fight regularly will be heaven and he turned to the screen the DJ is inviting bets to and started scanning through them for his nemesis. Vali is not in any of them.

"Aurva-sama, I found another location where this takes place, but at an even larger scale," Elena said and Aurva turned to her robotically. His expression screamed 'spit it out!'

"It is in this tiny country called Monaco. This is the place." She said, giving him the details of the event and on the front page of the event was Vali, a special participant and a prize money blah, blah, blah.

"So Monaco it is. Let's go!" Aurva said with excitement bouncing around him and dragged Elena with him towards the same bathroom and teleported to Monaco.

He was soo happy. At last, he found Vali. He didn't plan on how to get noticed by him or make the man fight, but who knows, his luck will work its charm. These are the last thoughts of Aurva before he appeared in Monaco.

The City-state is 2nd smallest country in the world with Vatican City being the first. He can see the city from where he was and they started walking towards the match arena. They can hear the crowd cheering from their position a few hundred meters away.

Monaco is very famous for its lax tax policies and freedom. It is the mirror of Las Vegas, but with more relaxed rules. It has a unique way of making income and Aurva decided to gain the most from it.

His mind started getting drenched in the glory of many casinos inviting him, but he resisted the urge as he doesn't want to miss fighting Vali. He kept himself in check and made it to the arena at last.

"Are you ready for a blood thrilling fight?" The host started announcing, creating hype.

"We have the unbeatable, the unreachable, merciless, VALI!" He yelled as the crowd went haywire.

"You all know the rules. Let's get started!" He said and left the arena. The arena itself is more like a sparring area with a 100-150 meter radius with glass shields covering the ring from the crowd.

As the host walked off the Arena, he saw Vali scanning the crowds for some reason. As it is his first time, Aurva didn't know what was going on and decided to watch.

He was at the far end of the area, hidden from many as he started thinking of a plan to trap Vali and steal the jewel. Elena stood to his side, covering him from most people while Aurva was busy in his thoughts.

He is definitely missing Ddraig and his valuable wisdom now. When he usually thinks, Ddraig will push in certain directions which will be very beneficial to him or give him feedback on a plan and its application.

But as he suppressed the Boosted Gear, he can't communicate with the welsh Dragon normally or he needs to be in Paradise to talk which is not possible in this situation.

Vali's POV

It's been soo boring these days. All he had to do is wake up feeling excited, walk to the arena and get disappointed as everyone that dares to fight him was utter losers.

That's the main reason he started shifting from one location to another in search of some thrill and a good opponent to search for himself. It's Albion's idea after all.

"Vali, look at that one. He seems promising." Albion said, pointing to the person standing beside the host.

"Nah, he will be out in a few seconds. I want to test against a supernatural being. These humans are boring. Even with Sacred Gears, they lose to me easily."

"Like the few we encountered last week?" The Vanishing Dragon asked with a smirk. Some foolish humans who called themselves Saviours of Humanity attacked Vali last week.

That was a good fight but all their Sacred Gears didn't stand a chance when Vali started fighting seriously and they ran with the tail between their legs. That made the week better for the Half Devil-Human.

While the conversation was going on, they are still scanning for an interesting opponent when his eyes landed on a beautiful young woman. She has a strong magic aura around her which interested the Hakuryuukou.

"You there." He called, pointing towards the woman. She remained clueless, looking around with an innocent face. Vali got irritated by this. He thought he found a worthy opponent to fight and not gonna give it up easily.

He jumped from the Arena towards the woman, intending to drag her into the arena if she resists.

With Elena

She had enough of the crowds bickering Vali this, Vali that. She wanted her lord to kick the White Dragon's ass just to prove them wrong. And so with disinterest, she is searching for something interesting when the crowd erupted in 'WOAHS'.

She turned to see what was wrong with them when she saw a good-looking silver-haired male's hand stretch towards her. The moment their eyes met, she felt frozen in place.

The stare of a Dragon is different when you are the prey to the Dragon. She was desperate to escape when another, familiar hand came to stop the hand.

"Is there a problem, mate?" Aurva asked when Vali's battle thirst reached him and slapped him out of the useless thoughts he had on how to make the Devil fight him.

"Not particularly. But we will have one if she doesn't fight me." Vali said with raised eyebrows at the strong grip the blonde had.

Albion said something of smelling a Draconic Aura on the woman, that's why he is interested in her. Anything Dragon related will be strong after all.

"What a dire situation," Aurva said with a disappointed face. With a smirk, Vali tried moving forward.

"Ah, ah. Is it ok if I fight you instead of her?" He asked and the White Dragon Emperor turned to him in interest, taking back his hand.

"You, eh? If you entertain me enough, I'll spare both of you." He said with a battle-hunger smirk and pulled Aurva into the arena.

"Looks like Vali found his new opponent, ladies and gentlemen. Place your bets and get ready with a one-of-a-kind fight." The host announced with glee and everyone rushed to bet on Vali.

Aurva can't believe his luck. While he was planning on how to make Vali fight him, the man in question walked towards him to pick a fight. 'That's why I like my perks.' He smiled viciously.

'Observe,' he said, looking at Vali. Vali's body gave an involuntary shake.

Name: Vali Lucifer

Age (Appearance) - 19

Title: White Dragon Emperor

Race: Devil-Human

Level: 86 (7.77%)

HP: 127,000/127,000

DP: 326,000/326,000

STR: 176

VIT: 89

DEX: 234

INT: 87

WIS: 107

'Just great. I'm not still on par with him and I can't use Boosted Gear to boot. Oh well, Life Drain is a thing.' Aurva thought with a smirk.

"Let the Fight Begin!" Called the Host and so began the fight between the White Dragon Emperor and Red Dragon Emperor in disguise.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

10