The Jewel Duel
173 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of The Dragon Gamer. Hope you enjoy the chapter.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Ddraig" Ddraig or other dragons speaking.

'Ddraig/ Other Dragon thought' Ddraig/ other Dragons thinking.

System speaking

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

If you like to chill with other readers and talk to me in general, join my Discord server. By entering the code after /.

Tserhx2NzH

Enjoy.

The Dragon Gamer

Chapter 8

The Jewel Duel

"Let the Fight Begin!" Called the Host and so began the fight between the White Dragon Emperor and the disguised Red Dragon Emperor.

"I will make things spicy," Vali said, covering everything around them with an additional layer of the barrier.

"Now you can go all out!" he said in joy. He had a feeling that the man in front of him is different from all the opponents he had fought so far. So he decided to go an extra step to not destroy his favourite fight arena. Favourite in the Human World at least.

Aurva made a come at me gesture, riling up the crowds. Taking his bait, Vali made a chopping motion, which slashed the ground he was on and made Aurva jump.

Aurva used his Earth style to make the earth wrap around Vali's body to restrict his movement but the half-devil is too strong for his own good. He easily broke through it.

"Oh the usage of Vali's favourite slice move folks. While the opponent, I just got his name, Aurva managed to escape and he has some guts taunting Vali like that." The crowd laughed at that.

"Looks like he got some magic. He tried binding Vali which was like child's play to our favourite handsome Devil. What is he going to use next? Water? Looks like this is one more sorry case, fellas," The host added in disappointment.

The crowd nodded in agreement as Aurva was continuously getting beat up by Vali either by punches, kicks or plain slams. Vali started slamming Aurva into the barrier he made just to prove how useless he was.

"Bring it out, you bastard! I know you have it so use it." Vali hissed in a low tone.

"Bring what out?" Aurva asked with a confused face. His Gamer's Mind is running full course to decode what his nemesis is saying.

All the damage Vali made healed in seconds due to Aurva's HP regen so Aurva looked as good as new except for a few dirt marks on his clothes. He is still looking at Vali clueless when a strong punch hit his face.

"You know what I'm talking about, you sword-using scum," Vali said and punched again. Aurva took both punches and hit the barrier with a loud bang. Elena was in front of him in seconds. He gave a smile to calm her and got up. He knew their bond blossomed during the training time and doesn't want anything that exposes her magic.

"You got me, man. Here you go." Aurva said with a surrender gesture and extended his hand. A golden glow enveloped his hand and soon, a sword took form. It's gold with a good holy aura around it.

"Hmm, a holy sword. Good try." Vali said unimpressed. By the sense he got from Aurva, he thought Aurva had some legendary sword.

"Let's get started then." Aurva attacked Vali with increased speed. Vali easily dodged them. A holy sword greatly damages devils as devils are considered creatures of darkness.

Vali is special, being not only a descendant of Lucifer himself but also a half-human allows him a good amount of immunity not complete immunity though. He got the best of both races in a way.

Few more slashes followed which were easily dodged by Vali. He got bored of the empty attacks and decided he had enough.

"You annoy me." He said and lunged towards Aurva. Aurva slashed a holy attack with his sword. Instead of dodging, Vali caught the sword before the attack left the sword.

"These puny attacks won't affect me." He said and started bending the sword towards Aurva. Aurva was taken aback by the sudden confidence and saw how Vali's hand was covered by a gauntlet.

In the middle of the white gauntlet was his target, the blue jewel of the Vanishing dragon. His eyes glowed in interest and he decided to make the match more interesting.

The sword in his hand broke, losing all the holiness it held and dispersing into nothing. "Looks like one more holy sword in Vali's account, folks." The host said which got rounds of laughter from the crowd.

"Water Bullet," Aurva said, sending Water bullets towards Vali. While Vali dodged most of them, some managed to hit him on his arms and gut.

"First hit to Vali. And Aurva did use Water. What is with this fella? He had a holy sword, Earth magic and now Water magic. What else did he have in store?" The host's question made everyone curious.

"Why don't we test what else he had?" Vali asked and got many rounds of cheers. "We want to know, we want to know!" They cheered and Vali nodded.

Vali extended his hand and his magic circle formed. "Try not to die," Vali said with a smirk and released blue sparks toward Aurva. Aurva was confused by the sparks and used Observe.

White Spark.

White Spark is Albion's secret attack through which he lets loose some small harmless sparks. Upon touching the opponent, these sparks act as remote detonators and divide the opponent's magic by 1/25ths. Read the description.

'I didn't see this in the anime. Guess interference really messes up the timeline, heh,' Aurva laughed in his mind and started slashing all the sparks using Arondight's tip. Upon getting enough mastery using Arondight, Aurva learned how to partially summon Arondight.

Hiding the rest of its body in another dimension, Aurva only summons the first few inches of Arondight, making others think that it's a dagger. With a decrease in size comes a decrease in its abilities as well.

Aurva also saw how close Albion's jewel is to him. He just needs to wait for the right opportunity to separate it and steal it. Vali isn't taking chances and sent many White Sparks. A few managed to come close to Aurva, but he managed to dodge them in time.

Aurva doesn't want to let Vali know his magic capacity as by Dividing his power, Vali can easily estimate his total magic capacity and if he gets-

'WAIT! I'm thinking the other way. If he gets excited, there is a high chance he will make a mistake or might not notice a jewel missing. Guess getting injured is the way.' Aurva realized. He extended his hand and a strong aura hit everyone in the area, silencing the chatter.

A sword started forming in Aurva's right hand. Its elegance blew many minds as people were mesmerized by the sword's beauty and the passive holy aura it is producing. But surprisingly to many, different races felt different auras.

All Fallen were blown away by the Holiness thrums the sword is giving off. All dark creatures such as Devils, Vampires and other nocturnal beings were surprised by the low demonic hums the sword is producing.

"Is it Excalibur?" One from the crowd asked.

"What!? There is no chance for that to be an Excalibur. It's reeking of Demonic magic!" Another disagreed.

"Demonic magic? I feel something else. Its brutality and ferocity make my stomach churn." The third added.

"WHAT!?" Many yelled in shock. It's not common for a sword to have 2 elements. Especially the 2 being holy and demonic. And this guy is adding another one to them now? In their confused argument, all of them forgot how 2 opposite elements are in harmony instead of how impossible it should be.

"Vali, be very careful. That sword smells trouble." Albion said.

"Come on Albion, we have dealt with threats worse. What will another holy toothpick do to us?" Vali asked smugly.

"It's not as simple as that, Vali. Swords like those, which have multiple elements tend to be picky and choose only people they like. I'm sure that sword is a legendary one. I can't figure it out but I'm sure it can damage you. That 3rd smell makes me tense. Be careful." Albion warned and Vali nodded.

"Things got interesting folks. Aurva pulled a big ass sword from nowhere and now Vali seems to be on the defensive. From the crowd, many seem to be experiencing different magics from 1 sword.

Do you think this will damage our all-time unbeatable champion, we should see." The host spoke excitedly. He is surprised by the sword as well. They are going to investigate its 'origins' after the match is over.

"Like what you see? Stop stalling already." Aurva taunted and that pushed the fight into gear with Vali moving at Aurva at an even greater speed than before.

With the addition of Arondight, Aurva's speed increased and he dodged Vali's magic attack easily. Vali noticed the difference in speed and increased his speed even more to counter Aurva's.

"Woah, his speed increased!" Many gasped in the crowd.

"You think having a Holy Sword is for a show?" Another question rose in the crowd. While they were unanimous about Vali's victory before, now some started to disagree as Aurva piqued their interest.

Elena on the other hand silently watched the fight. She still couldn't understand why Aurva took her under his wing and trained her. She tried poisoning him and wanted to manipulate him for her own benefit.

Yet here she is, stronger than ever with a skill she never thought possible. Under the protection of a Heavenly Dragon. It astonished her. She wants to know the answer and is betting on the spar between 2 Dragons to answer them.

Aurva is strong, she knew that. She also knew he didn't show her everything he could do. Though having the Red Dragon Emperor's seal is one of the reasons her Master let her be, she knew that's not the whole story.

That seal is just bonkers. It releases so much heat, she would have been burnt alive if she didn't tell the truth then. In her deep thoughts, she lost track of the spar.

"Look at that, Aurva got a hit on Vali. The spar is getting interesting denizens of Monaco, don't blink or you'll miss the juicy parts!" The host said cheerfully. This spar is the most interesting one so far.

If Vali getting hit is one of the reasons, Aurva increasing his speed and power is another interesting part that made it memorable. From Vali's expression, he found something he liked in Aurva; if not he wouldn't prolong the match like this.

Few Minutes Earlier

Sparring Arena

"You want to play with these childish sparks, Vali? I heard great things about your power and how you are the strongest Hakuryuukou. How disappointing." Aurva taunted.

"You got all cocky adding that toothpick sword of yours? Let me show you how powerful people play," Vali said with a smirk and started making an energy ball and shot it toward Aurva.

"Heh," Aurva said with a smile and easily cut the blast but he didn't see the white spark hidden in the blast, which touched him and drained 1/25th of his magic.

'Damn he is good. If he got this much after all this, how far will he push me?' A greedy thought came into Vali's mind as soon as he got a taste of Aurva's magic reserves. That thought gave him an immediate answer. He should see.

"You are good, kid. Now let's see how you'll dodge this." Vali extended his hand making his magic circle and shot at Aurva. Aurva quickly dodged it. Vali is in front of him in a second with his fist cocked back.

Aurva let go of Arondight as he couldn't fight a full hand-to-hand fight with Vali with it and so began a feastful fight between Vali and Aurva. Hook, punch, kick, chop, magic, it looked like the greatest choreographed orchestra.

Vali trying to get a hit and Aurva trying to not show too much of his powers was just a scenic moment of the fight. The previous assumptions and underestimations about Aurva vanished after seeing him matching Vali's increasing speed and strength.

Vali is impressed by this man. He is good. 'HE IS GOOD.' Is the only thought running through the battle junkie. He didn't enjoy himself for some time. He wants more of it now.

'Damn he is good. I didn't see him go this well in the anime. His fight with Kokabiel was short and he won with less effort. If only Ddraig is here.' Aurva thought wistfully. Though he isn't fully taken over by his Draconic instincts because of Gamer's Mind, he can still feel the thrill and need to fight.

He is currently at 63% of his physical strength and if his estimations are correct, Vali is at 52% of his peak strength. They both unknowingly entered supernatural speeds and many low-level creatures in the crowd couldn't keep track of them.

Vali's thoughts leaked into the spar and instead of the gradual increase, his speed jumped and his punch connected with Aurva's face. Aurva didn't expect a sudden jump.

"Looks like the ice broke, dear fans! Vali got the first hit after a drawn-out hand-to-hand battle and the damn punch was hard. Aurva was sent many metres down into the earth. Let's see if he rec-"

"I didn't expect you to be a party pooper, Vali. Hahaha," Aurva started laughing. Everyone was confused and half thought he lost it.

"Yeah, I know. But you are just GoOd. Don't you think it's about time we kick it up a notch?" Vali asked as his body started converting into white light particles.

"You said it man. Let's get started!" Aurva said, his hand covering in the same golden glow but this one is really potent. The glow blinded many while for Vali it only screamed 'Let's Fight!'

"Vanishing Dragon, Balance Breaker: Scale Mail," A guttural voice announced which gave goosebumps to many. It's not normal to see Vali in his Balance Breaker that too for a small fight in the human world.

"We need to expand the Arena folks. It is 'Vali gone nuts'! Time," The host said with contagious enthusiasm and excitement and the crowd cheered. Elena is excited as well. At last, she finally saw what it looked like.

Heavenly Dragon's Balance Breaker. The Balance Breaker of the Divine Dividing creates a White Dragon Armour similar to a Dragon but in a humanoid form. It has Albion's brilliant yellow eyes with blue jewels embedded in the arm gauntlets, chest plate many other places which have an essence of Albion in them.

In addition to all these, Vali also grew 2 wide white-coated wings which are glowing with power in blue.

In this form, Vali can use Divide without the 10-second limit and much less strain on his body.

The stunning armour made many jaws drop and astonished all the viewers which included the host and Elena. Vali doesn't use his Balance Breaker that easily after all.

'Let's hope all this effort is worth it.' Albion said in Vali's mind and the half-devil agreed. At the same amount, very high amounts of Holy aura was dispersed into the surroundings and everyone concentrated on Aurva.

The beautiful sword in his hands changed into a majestic magic-loaded beast with streaks of black and purple auras joining it in the centre of the handle into a crested green jewel. The image just portrayed a holy knight slaying a dragon in many minds.

Other than his sword getting a glow-up, Aurva himself didn't seem much different. His body colour darkened a bit and they can see his skin thicken for some reason.

"Why don't we get started, Vali?" Aurva called, his voice deepening a bit and Vali responded with a swift punch to Aurva's gut. Aurva easily blocked it with Arondight.

As his hand is covered by the gauntlet, Vali's hand was unaffected but unnoticed by any, a small piece of his gauntlet scraped off where Arondight touched.

Seeing his idea working, Aurva happily engaged in the punching spree Vali threw at him and dodged most punches and the lucky one which hit didn't affect him in the slightest.

"Your skin hardened eh? Good. I can enjoy it more this way." Vali said, his voice deepening because of the scale mail. He removed his helmet which dispersed into bluish-white particles. "Now you can see my excitement as well." Vali happily said.

"Don't you think you are holding the wrong head?" Vali asked and Aurva lately realized his left hand is touching Vali's helmet. Vali smiled at him.

"Divide,"

"Divide,"

"Divide,"

"Divide,"

"Divide," A deep voice echoed from Vali's wings as they glowed blue and released bluish-white particles.

"You got a lotta power, huh? Damn bastard. You hiding this for when?" Vali asked. They are talking as if they were friends for a long time. Well, Vali is talking.

'Damn it, he divided my magic1/32nd of it's original reserves. Is my chakra still there?'

Answer, Yes. The system answered.

"You got me, mate. Let's play a new game." Aurva said and Arondight started charging up. Vali jumped back to dodge the attack and the beam almost missed but hit Vali's shoulder.

Due to its potent elemental makeup, the armour from Vali's left shoulder started to break apart and fell to the ground. As Vali's armour started dispersing, something unexpected happened.

"Mokuton: Kajukai Kōrin(Wood Style: Deep Forest Bloom)," Aurva said, surprising everyone and the earth in front of them split and turned into a large forest in an instant, managing to displace Vali. Aurva is upon Vali in an instant.

"Don't you think this is a surprise?" Aurva said with a smile only for Vali's armour to reform in an instant and instead of punching, Aurva got punched, hard.

He was thrown back into the expanded barrier hitting it hard and fell face-first into the ground. He tried moving for some time but couldn't get up.

"Looks like the bright Spark that is Aurva has finally blown, folks. Let's cheer for his valiant efforts in giving us such a spectacular spa-battle and cheer for our all-time reigning champion, VALI!" Host's joy had no bounds and everyone happily cheered.

The forest that formed out of nowhere vanished as Elena reached Aurva and he managed to stand. Dodging all the running fans, Vali walked up to Aurva. Aurva looked up, his body healing.

"You got some good tricks up your sleeve. Why don't you join me?" He asked with his hands in his pocket. Aurva gave an involuntary chuckle at the irony.

"Even after all this, how do you think I'll or can join you, Vali? Thanks for the offer. But I reject it. I only participated just so my girl here shouldn't. That's a good spar. Catch you later, Vali." Aurva said and vanished with Elena by his side into his magic circle.

"Interesting guy," Vali said and vanished into his magic circle. The crowd was satisfied and the arena was closed for repairs. It's a happy ending for everyone.

Or did it?

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Hope to see you in the server. 

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

6