The Potential
73 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Sorry for the long wait, but I'm back with the next chapter of The Dragon Gamer. Hope you enjoy the chapter.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Ddraig" Ddraig or other dragons speaking.

'Ddraig/ Other Dragon thought' Ddraig/ other Dragons thinking.

System speaking

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

The Dragon Gamer

Chapter 9

The Potential

"Looks like the bright Spark that is Aurva has finally blown, folks. Let's cheer for his valiant efforts in giving us such a spectacular spa-battle and cheer for our all-time reigning champion, VALI!" Host's joy had no bounds and everyone happily cheered.

The forest that formed out of nowhere vanished as Elena reached Aurva and he managed to stand. Dodging all the running fans, Vali walked up to Aurva. Aurva looked up, his body healing.

"You got some good tricks up your sleeve. Why don't you join me?" He asked with his hands in his pocket. Aurva gave an involuntary chuckle at the irony.

"Even after all this, how do you think I'll or can join you, Vali? Thanks for the offer. But I reject it. I only participated just so my girl here shouldn't. That's a good spar. Catch you later, Vali." Aurva said and vanished with Elena by his side into his magic circle.

"Interesting guy," Vali said and vanished into his magic circle. The crowd was satisfied and the arena was closed for repairs. It's a happy ending for everyone.

Aurva and Elena appeared in Paradise. The first thing Aurva did was to unblock Ddraig.

"DID YOU GET IT!?" Ddraig asked in excitement as he appeared in front of them in Paradise. Aurva gave him a smug nod and pulled out Vali's Blue Dragon jewel from the wood.

They all marvelled at the sheer power it contained. Aurva knew that the balance of power has shifted significantly in his favour now. Elena stood by his side, her eyes wide with amazement.

"I never expected this to be possible even though you showed me otherwise in your memories. This will surely have a significant impact on the supernatural world."

"I know, Ddraig. It wasn't easy, but I managed to pull it off. I couldn't have done it without Elena's help, though." Aurva said with a wide smile, hugging the bluenett. If she was not there, he would have to come up with a plan to fight Vali.

"I'm just glad I could assist you, Aurva-sama," Elena said with a blush.

"Aww, is that pink I see touching your cheeks?" He asked teasingly. Elena hid her face in embarrassment.

As the teasing continued for a few minutes, Ddraig patiently watched as Aurva goofed around with Elena.

"Aurva," he called and Aurva stopped for a second and came back to his senses. "Right," he said and turned to Elena.

"Elena dear, will you go to the mansion for a second?" He softly asked. Elena gave him an innocent look. "This is dangerous, I'm not sure how things will go. Please," he asked and understanding his sincerity, she walked to the mansion.

Ddraig gave a nod and Aurva held Albion's blue jewel. With determination, and understanding the significant step he is about to take. Aurva held out his left arm.

BOOST!

The Boosted Gear appeared on his hand and he held Albion's jewel in the other, he can feel the immense power radiating from both artefacts. He knew that combining the two would grant him unparalleled strength, but he also understood the risks involved.

Merging the powers of the Red Dragon Emperor, Ddraig, and the White Dragon Emperor, Albion is not easy. Even Issei with his high motivation had gone through gruesome pain. He prepared himself disabling all defences and skills that are blocking his pain receptors. He will not take any shortcuts. He is going to do it like a Man. With a deep breath, he began channelling his magic, focusing on the task at hand.

"Aurva, are you certain you wish to go with this? I can't imagine how this combination of Albion's and my power will end. Seeing and doing are different. I understand the true depth now.I couldn't fathom how that perverted dumb idiot did it, but when you are about to do it, I feel like I'm rushing this." Ddraig spoke, unable to clearly express his emotion. His sense of unease.

"Your concern is appreciated, my friend. But don't worry, we got the Gamer System with us. I'm sure it can handle if anything is wrong easily." Aurva said confidently.

He focused his gaze on the Boosted Gear and Albion's jewel, his resolve unwavering.

Slowly, he brought the Blue Jewel towards the Green jewel of the Boosted gear.

"System, request to remove all limiters on my body."

Request Acknowledged. All physical and mental limiters are removed. The system replied and Aurva forcefully smashed the 2 Jewels.

The air crackled with magic as the two forces met, and a brilliant light emanated from the Boosted Gear and the blue jewel.

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

Report. The User reached the maximum Boost limit. The system alerted. Yet the battle didn't stop.

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

BOOST!

DIVIDE!

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSHSHSHSHS," Aurva screamed in unbearable pain.

Report. Converting Life Force into Magic. Conversion rate 1 min = 1 LDF.

"AURVA STOP!" Ddraig yelled in concern.

"ISSEI! ISSEI! ISSEI!" Ddraig yelled in concern.

As the powers merged, Aurva suffered, the force of the two dragon emperors pushing against each other like two great storms colliding.

"ISSEI! FIND A BALANCE BETWEEN THE 2 MAGICS." Ddraig yelled. Even his screams couldn't reach Issei as he lost the Transformation and reverted back to his original self. Ddraig looked for Elena only for the girl to be unconscious.

As Ddraig was about to take back full control of Boosted Gear, a blinding light from the fusion of the Boosted Gear and Jewel intensified, bathing the Paradise in an otherworldly glow.

"nO, DdRaIg…" Ddraig faintly heard Issei's voice. He decided to wait for 1 more minute on Issei's request and it happened.

With a large burst of Draconic Aura that shook the ground beneath them, the fusion completed.

Report. New power source detected. Integrating Boosted Gear into Divine Dividing.

Estimated time: 30 Seconds

.

.

.

Integration successful. Boosted Gear integrated with Divine Dividing. New Prime Cardinal Promotion unlocked.

(?) will be unlocked at level 75.

Report, due to the integration of Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing, Divine Dividing has been added as a Skill.

(?) will be unlocked at level 50.

Following the integration, the remaining Life Drain Factor (LDF) is now 3000 years.

As a consequence of the integration, all stats have received a 10% passive boost.

Upon increase in the user's magical capacity, the number of the user's Fallen Wings has expanded from 6 to 8.

Upon obtaining a pair of wings, all skills levelled up x2.

The skill, Blessing of the Red Dragon Emperor upgraded into Celestial Blessing.

Upon integration, Boosted Gear has levelled up x2. Boosted Gear reached level 25.

Boosted Gear Balance Breaker unlocked

Passive Boosts transferred to Skills instead of Stats due to 2 Stats recently reaching 100.

The system ended its was confused about 2 stats reaching 100 but brushed it aside.

"You have succeeded, Aurva. My power and Albion's are successfully intertwined. This is an unprecedented achievement, and your Balance breaker is unlocked with it. I'm interested to see how it will be." Ddraig said in joy. Finally, he is experiencing how having both powers feels like.

Issei laughed uncontrollably. "I didn't expect this to turn out like this and I've reached 8 Wings as well. I can only imagine how much magic the integration exerted."

"And you are forgetting the Boost it gave your Stats as well, Partner," Ddraig added and Issei nodded. Looking up his stats, he was surprised by the sudden jump in them.

Status Window

Name: Issei Hyoudou

Age: 17

Title: Stray Slayer, Super Pervert/Oppai Baka.

Race- Human-Fallen (8 Winged)

Job: The Gamer.

Level: Lvl 26 (97.43%)

HP: 21235/21235 Regen: 26% pm.

MP: 7380/7380 Regen: 26% pm.

CP: 5810/5810 Regen: 26% pm.

Control: 37%

STR: 106

VIT: 36

DEX: 107

INT: 90

WIS: 93

CHA: 10

LUCK: 25

Stat Points: 95

Money: ¥90 Million

STR reached 100 points

DEX reached 100 points

As the User Stats reached 100 points, the user can choose 1 skill for Strength and Dexterity each from the 3 below. The system said and Aurva saw the list appear in front of him.

Strength:

1. Herculean Strength: This skill grants the user an immense level of physical strength, allowing them to lift, carry, and move heavy objects with ease. Additionally, it enhances their striking power and makes them less vulnerable to physical attacks.

"I can pick this skill in case I rely heavily on physical strength, as a melee fighter or a tank. But having Gamer's body and being a Human-Fallen, I got enough strength and stamina to use not counting my Life Drain Factor. Though the tough skin makes it appealing, I got a giant ass Dragon partner for that. But I also got my magic and Chakra, so this skill may not be as useful to me." He thought.

2. Battle Cry: This skill allows the user to let out a powerful roar or battle cry that boosts their own strength and intimidates opponents, potentially lowering their defences.

"This skill can be useful in situations where I need to intimidate or demoralise my opponents, such as in large-scale battles or against particularly tough enemies. However, I'm more focused on subtle or diplomatic approaches, than yelling like Goku. Though it would be cool to shout like him." He read over the last skill.

3. Unbreakable: This skill allows the user to withstand immense amounts of physical damage and continue fighting. It also grants increased resistance to status effects and debuffs.

"Now this is a useful skill. Considering my luck, I will frequently find myself taking a lot of damage or facing any of the stronger Devils or Heros. It can help me withstand a lot of damage and continue fighting, and it can also make me more resistant to status effects and debuffs. Though I got the healing, this still allows me to continue fighting without giving up. It's the best option in the 3." He concluded.

Dexterity:

1. Agile Movement: This skill enhances the user's speed, balance, and coordination, making them more agile and able to dodge attacks with ease. It also allows them to perform complex acrobatic manoeuvres and navigate tricky terrain.

"Hmm, this skill can be extremely useful to me if I rely on speed and agility, such as archers. It can help me avoid attacks and move quickly across the battlefield. However, as I will have my Scalemail from balance breaker and most of the time I fight in melee combat, this skill is not useful for me."

2. Evasion: This skill enhances the user's ability to dodge attacks, allowing them to avoid damage and move quickly out of harm's way. It also grants increased resistance to status effects and debuffs.

"This skill can be very useful for dodging attacks, from archers or light spears and what not. It can help me avoid damage and move quickly out of harm's way. However, I got strong defences and magic which are a big reason to not consider this."

3. Tumbling: This skill allows the user to perform complex acrobatic manoeuvres, such as flips, cartwheels, and rolls. It can be useful for evading attacks, navigating tricky terrain, and escaping from tight spaces.

"Now isn't this interesting? It can help me evade attacks and move quickly across the battlefield. So if I get it right, this skill makes it easy to evade and move quickly at the same time? That's like mixing both above. Damn, I love this. This one for sure." Aurva thought.

He selected Unbreakable and Tumbling.

Confirm Selection? The system asked and Aurva pressed on to confirm.

Request acknowledged.

Transferring new Skill, Unbreakable. Successful.

Transferring new skill, Tumbling. Successful.

As the skill edition was successful, Issei forgot about Elena completely and continued cheerfully talking to Ddraig about their future plans.

"So we can do this to defeat Kokabiel, Ddraig," he said when Ddraig noticed Elena waking up.

"Issei, I think it's time to tell her the truth," Ddraig said, looking at stirring Elena and Issei followed his gaze. His eyes widened in realisation. He quickly changed into Aurva and reached her.

She groggily opened her eyes and saw Aurva approach. "Lord-Aurva?" She asked and with a nod, Aurva lifted her. He didn't think she is heavy, he is mistaken. After hugging him to check everything is alright with him, she looked at him expectantly, wanting to see his new Balance Breaker.

Aurva took as his cue to spill the secret and cleared his throat. "Yes, I know." He sighed and looked into her pink eyes. "Elena, there's something I need to tell you, something I've been keeping from you since we met."

"Aurva-sama, you took me in and trained me, making me stronger. I'm sure there is nothing that can separate me from you now." She said with a happy smile, touching the Seal on her.

Aurva took a deep breath, hesitating for a moment before he finally began to speak. "Elena, I am not who you think I am. My true identity is Issei. I've been wearing a mask, hiding my real self from you and everyone else."

Elena's eyes widened in shock, but she remained quiet, allowing Aurva to continue. Aurva removed his transformation and changed into Issei.

"I had my reasons for hiding my identity. I didn't want to put you in danger because of my powers and the enemies that will come for me. I was afraid of what would happen if my secret was discovered and if someone leaked it to my enemies.

I didn't want to drag my family into this. But you became so close to me, I don't want to hide this secret anymore. We are in Kuoh, Japan. The town I live in. This is Devil territory as well. I-" Issei started explaining everything except his Reincarnation.

Elena kept on listening, not stopping him or asking any questions. After an hour-long explanation, Issei finally stopped. He can see in her eyes that all this didn't matter to her but waited for her reaction.

"Oh Aur-Issei-sama, why are you telling me this now? I appreciate your concern, Issei-sama, but remember I'm still your vassal, you promised to protect me. I vowed to be on your side. I didn't love you because of your cute face. I loved you because you gave me the feeling that you are the one. Your secret doesn't change how much I care about you." She said, tightly hugging and kissing him.

They also realised she just proposed to him and both of them went beat red. Yet didn't stop the kiss. Ddraig just laughed at their stupidity and closed his eyes. He is happy that Issei finally got a friend other than him.

All his Users were lonely, lost in the madness of Power and fought for world Domination. It's been a good change of pace for him being with Aurva. He is unique. Smart yet dumb. Strong still weak. Good but equally evil. It goes on. He vanished into the Gear leaving Aurva to his devices.

"That's a relief, Elena. I can't tell you how much that means to me. I promise that from now on, I'll make you extra strong and maybe you can join my school as well?"

"Um, school?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yea, Kuoh High. It's formally an all girls high school, but now opened. I'm sure you'll enjoy there!" Issei continued motivating Elena to join Kuoh High while the girl dreaded going back to school.

For the rest of the summer, they trained and discussed of many ways to get Elena into Kuoh High. Issei did many things to make her feel like his partner, the true meaning of the word lost on them. And so after months of training and stealing Vali's Jewel, Issei is ready to make his entrance into the Supernatural world with Ddraig and Elena by his side.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

4