(Mr and Mrs. Crocus Side Story) Chapter 1:Her Past
260 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

21 years ago

Catherine's mother POV

My name is Scarlett Holstein. I am the only child of the earl of Holstein. Because of this, my father has become overprotective.

Don't get me wrong! I love my father very much. He took care of me after my mother's death while simultaneously fulfilling his duties but...

He prohibits me into coming to social gatherings unless he is also present. He also declined every marriage interview. Although I have friends, all of them are girls. They don't visit me often because of my father.I cannot get out of my home without a knight on my side.It is embarrassing for me to be glared upon just because I want to visit a café my friends recommended to me.

Because of this, I became sheltered.I got jealous of my friends of all their stories about the outside world wishing that I could go out freely.

Until one day, my wish came true. Apparently, after many officials of his recommended to at least lower his walls, I can finally leave my home freely.

I can go to social gatherings. I can get out freely without someone accompanying me as long as I tell him where I am going. He finally accepted marriage interviews but he is very picky on it.

Although there are rules that stayed the same, I am very glad that I can go out freely and meet with my friends.

As I walk through the streets in a disguise, I saw a bookstore next to a café.

Although my father hasn't put any rules on buying books, I am scared that he will also prohibit it because of my friends telling me about romance novels.

As I walk through the bookstore, I felt a strange feeling inside my chest.

I always felt it when my friends talk about novels but this time it felt stronger. I ignored it passing it off as my excitement to be able to go outside freely.

As I walk through shelves of books, I am astonished about the amount and varieties of it as if I want to buy them all.

As I went roaming around, I went through the romance section of the bookstore.

"My friends always recommend me tons of romance novels so I might as well choose just one" I thought

As I went looking through the books, the strange feeling felt stronger and stronger but I ignored it by looking through the back of the books for their synopsis.

As I am searching, a book caught my eye.

"Only Mine"

"Synopsis: I have a crush....on her.We are childhood friends and we've known each other for a long time. Her likes, dislikes, favorite food, and even her embarrassing memories... I know them all. I love every single thing about her. But as time passes, we haven't been talking to each other. I tried to surprise her with a visit but I saw someone.....a guy. They look so happy.....without me.I felt jealousy. We've known each other for a long time yet I didn't know about him. After that day, I will make sure that she will notice my feelings and NO ONE will be with her.

After reading the synopsis, I felt disgusted by it. Apparently, it is also a best-seller.

"Why would someone enjoy reading this?" I asked myself

I felt creeped out by the main character. He has an unhealthy obsession with the female character to the point of possessiveness. What's worst is that it hints that he will kill the guy. 

I heard from my friends that I should read this because of how romantic it is. I don't understand how you can call this romantic because of how he forces himself to be with the female character. I get why people enjoy this because of how he will do anything to be with her but for me, I just felt bad for the female character.

"Why are yandere characters popular like Y*no G*sai?" I thought

Wait... Who is "Y*no G*sai"?

As I try to suppress the strange feeling by putting the book back, my feet gives out as I faint.

As I wake up from a bed inside of a clinic, I remembered my past life.

My name was Daisy Mitchell. I was a mother of three children in my past. I worked as a finance analyst before resigning to have children. I had a husband who worked as a mechanical engineer. I enjoyed books to the point I had three bookshelves filled with it.

As I remember all my memories, a knight comes in. My father heard about me fainting so he ordered a knight to pick me up at the clinic and guard me back home.

I told my father that I fainted because I got sick in the middle of my outing. Thankfully, my father believed me and told me to stay in the house for several days and rest before going out again. I got worried thinking that father might make a knight accompany me again when I'm going out.

As I lay on my bed pretending to be sick, I started to wonder about my family.

Because of our family's sudden death, we didn't properly said our last goodbyes to one another.

My husband and I got along well. Although we bicker sometimes, we always resolve it peacefully. We didn't had any serious arguments mainly because we always communicate with each other. I talk about novels I read while he talks about news and documentaries he watched. Our children are caring and smart so I wish I saw them graduate and have their own family.

As I reminisce about my past life, a thought came to my mind.

"It is impossible for me to be with him again."

I remembered my memories with a stroke of luck meaning that it is highly unlikely that he will also remember his. He might even be living in a different time. And even if he remember his memories and is living in this timeline, it is impossible for me to find out. It's not like I can tell people about my past and expect them to not think that I am crazy.

I know that there are other men that I can date but...

"No matter how small my chances are, I want to at least try to find him."

As I finish my thoughts, I went to sleep.

8