(Sinclair Side Story) Chapter 4: Introduction
99 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samuel POV

As I walk down the stairs and went to the living room, I saw my parents and another girl sitting on the sofa.

That must be my adopted sister.

She looks about the same age as me. Looking at her, she has blue eyes and blue hair. She exudes a shy and timid aura which complements her facial appearance which makes her look adorable.

Crap...I forgot what to say!

I have been practicing all the topics we might discuss but all that time, I have been practicing about talking on a conversation instead of practicing on how to start a conversation. Because of this, I realized that I have no knowledge on how to start a conversation with a person.

Crap...What would the past me would say?

In the past, my "friends" would naturally come up to me and introduce themselves. I would usually just say "My name is Samuel Sinclair and I would like us to become friends.". But considering that we will become siblings, it would be weird for me to just call her my friend. And even if I started the conversation, how do I continue it? My past self would just join on whatever subject my "friends" are talking about. Because of this, I don't know how to start talking about certain topics.

What if she doesn't like birds or books? What does she like? Maybe I should just ask her about it?

As I am deep in my thoughts, I realized that my adopted sister is looking down as if she also doesn't know what to say.

Crap... I'm making the atmosphere awkward.

As I realized the atmosphere around us, my mother chimed in to break it.

*Sigh* "Ok...Since both of you can't introduce yourselves, I will do it instead" my mother said.

"Samuel, this is Stella. From now on, she will be your adopted sister.
Make sure that you treat her well and take good care of her since she experienced a lot of unfortunate circumstances. Understand?"

"Yes, mother."

"And Stella, this is Samuel. From now on, she will be your brother. Don't hesitate to ask from any of us. We are now your family so make yourself feel at home. Understand?"

"Yes, Mom Ivy" Stella said timidly

"Good! Since both of you have been introduced, why don't Samuel take you to show you around the house so you don't get lost?" my mother said as she turned to look at me smiling as if saying "Don't you dare refuse!"

Don't worry, mom. No need for you to do that.

"B-But..."

As Stella is talking, my mom interrupted her.

"Didn't I already told you, Stella? Don't hesitate to ask anything from us. It is okay for you to ask if you don't know something. From now on, we're your family." my mother said.

"I see...Well then, Samuel, please take good care of me." Stella said as she bowed her head in front of me.

" Yes, Stella. I will." I replied.

Please, don't bow to me. You're making me embarrassed.

"Well then, let's go to our backyard first." I said trying to distract myself from the embarrassment.

As we went out, I tried doing small talks with her like asking for her hobbies and interests. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to talk much since her response are usually short.

Good thing though that I learned that she reads books. Maybe we can bond over that.

As I am touring her to our house, I try my best to prolong our conversation but it seems like our conversations are going nowhere.

Am I doing something wrong...I mean I'm the only one talking so maybe she doesn't like our conversation.

As I try my best to prolong our conversation, I can only talk about myself. When I ask her if she wants to say something, she always politely decline.

Maybe...She's more of a listener than someone who talks. But still... I'm running out of subjects here.

Thankfully, I was able to talk to her until we are at our last stop, her bedroom.

"And this is your bedroom. It seems that you are tired from our tour so I want you to rest for the day. The maid will call you to let you know if the dinner is ready. Well then, see you at dinner."

Whew... I'm glad that I am able to talk to her although I did most of the work. I need to prepare myself for dinner to try to talk to her again and get to know her. After all, I am trying my best for us to become close to each other.

As I am heading back to my room, I felt a slight pull on the hem of my blazer. When I turned around, it seems that Stella is holding it while looking down.

It seems that she wants to say something.

"Are you ok, Stella? Do you want to say something?" I asked

"I'm fine, Samuel. It's just that I want to say...Thank you."

3