(Sinclair Side Story) Chapter 7: She Got A New Friend
69 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samuel POV

"Oh! Sorry that I got home late, it's just that... I made a new friend."

Huh...

"Oh...I see...Well then, who is this new friend of yours?"

I shouldn't feel this way! Of course she is going to have friends other than me!

"Her name is Catherine Crocus. She is so nice and friendly! We met at the bookstore and after that, we talked at a cafeteria. Although we had difficulty in talking at first, we eventually talked casually about our interests and hobbies. It was really fun! We even started calling each others' first names!"

That feeling from earlier suddenly came flooding back.

Huh...She gets closer with someone... It took her friend just a day for her to be close to Stella which took me weeks...

Who is this girl...

Stella is talking enthusiastically about her friend. It makes me jealous on how happy she is to her new friend.

Does she thinks that her friend is better than me?

"Samuel?"

Ahh...

"Yes, I'm listening. It is just that I distracted by something."

"Is it bothering you, Samuel?"

"No, it doesn't so don't worry."

Well, I can't make her worry of my personal problems. I don't want to burden her.

"Well... If you say so. Well then, would you like to meet my friend?"

"Ahh..."

I'll be honest, I don't want to meet her. I feel tense knowing this new friend of hers so meeting her would probably give me a worse feeling. But I can't tell Stella that, so I should say an excuse.

"I want to meet her but...It's just that I felt tense meeting new people."

That excuse is a half-truth, at least.

"Umm...It's not that I don't believe you but... I don't feel that you are distant to me when we first met."

Ahh...Yeah, that time.

"It's...because I don't want you to feel lonely."

Well...It's true. I learnt that she lived as a commoner so she will be overwhelmed of her new life as a noble. I just want her to feel welcome in her new home.

"Oh...I see... Thank you, Samuel"

As she said that, she looked down as she tries to avert my gaze.

Wait...Does she not believe me?

"Well then...I guess I should go back to my own room. Good night, Samuel "

"Yeah... Have a good night too."

As I said that, she ran away.

I guess I said something that she doesn't like...

After all, why would she run away like that...Maybe I should apologize tomorrow.

-----

"I'm sorry, Samuel! I forgot to tell you that I have an appointment with my friend!"

...What

I knocked to her door to apologize because of my actions yesterday but as I opened the door, I saw that Stella is dressed to go to an outing.

"I'm sorry that I didn't told you that I have another outing with my friend! We wanted to eat pancakes in a store but they only sell it today in the morning!"

"Ohh...I see...Well then, I hope that you have a nice trip"

I am still shocked by the sudden event.

"I'm really sorry, Samuel! I promise that we will have the day tomorrow! I promise that we will hang out!"

As she said that, she bowed to me.

"Don't worry, Stella. I am just happy that you are having fun with your new friend. So please don't apologize because you don't need to."

As I said that, I was holding her shoulders so that she would stop bowing.

"Thank you, Samuel...I promise you that I will have the day tomorrow."

"Come on...Don't be down...You should be happy simce you're hanging out with your friend."

After that, I reassured her that everything is fine and I didn't hold a grudge.

But still...It baffles me.

I mean I wasn't even able to apologize to her and now, her new friend is taking her away from me...Just who is she...

30 minutes later, Stella boarded the carriage and headed to her destination.

For me, I just sat there worrying just like yesterday having the same feelings except it is stronger.

The name of that girl...What was it? Catherine Crocus...I felt like I heard that surname before...

I just can't get it out of my head...Guess that I need to ask someone about it...

As I went to go to our family's office room, I saw that my mother alone is sitting at a chair looking at paperwork

"Why are you here, Samuel?" My mother asked surprised

Well probably because I either lock myself in my room or Stella's all day except when I'm eating.

"Well...I just want to ask a question. By the way, where is father? Isn't it a weekend?"

"Well...He is quite busy in the parliament so he needed to work overtime. Don't worry though because he said that we will have a family trip in 2 weeks so just wait for a bit longer." My mother said

It seems that mother is glad. Maybe it is because of the fact that I at least talked to her.

"Glad to know that...Umm...By any chance, do you know about Catherine Crocus?"

"Catherine Crocus? Crocus...Oh yeah! The daughter of Earl David Crocus!"

"Earl Davil Crocus?"

"Yeah...The leader of the Science and Technology Comittee. I've worked with them back then and they are lovely people. Despite being wealthy, they are humble and kind."

So...It seems that Stella befriended a noble. Although mother said they are kind, I have second thoughts because of that event...

Maybe she became friends with Stella because she learnt that she is a family member of the Sinclair family...I could say that to Stella but I don't want to hurt Stella since she is her new friend... But she might change because of her and starts...hating me.

"Oh...yeah. Samuel, by the way, how did you learned about her? You don't go outside."

"Oh...It is because Stella told me of her."

"Stella told you...I guess she became her friend...Good for her."

"Umm...Well then, I'll go back to not disturb you. Take care, mother."

"Oh yeah, don't worry about it. Take care, dear."

As I head out to go to my bedroom, I became gloomy.

It seems that Catherine became closer to Stella than I did...

Well she talked enthusiastically about her new friend meaning that they became close...

Compare to me, we just started getting closer...

And when the time comes...She'll probably choose her over me.

Well... Nobles don't like me anyway...They just talk to me because of my status...

I will just go back to my previous routine...  Lounging at my house while bird watching once in a while...

Although, I feel lonely doing this... This is the safest option...

3