(Sinclair Side Story) Chapter 8: Hanging Out(I)
58 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samuel POV

Why did it turn out like this?

"No ifs or buts. You are coming along with them on their outing"

Mom...Why did you ask for me to join with them...I'm sure that they will think of me as a nuisance...

After I learnt about Stella's friend, I became distant with everyone again.

Weeks after I have gone back to my past routine...It seems that Stella is changing...

She started eating at the dining table and started talking to our parents.

I don't know what her friend did to her but Catherine is scary...

And now...I'm going to hang out with her...

Just why mom...

Right now, I am in the carriage with Stella waiting to arrive in our destination.

I am extremely nervous and worried while being angry at my mother for putting me in this situation.

"Umm..."

Ah.

It's been a while since Stella and I have been riding this carriage.

I got distracted to my thoughts that we haven't been talking to each other

Well...With how our relationship is, it is difficult to talk to each other.

I have been distancing myself away from Stella so we haven't been in touch with each other.

I guess it is awkward to be with someone you used to get along.

In all honesty, I miss talking to her...But with how things are, I'm not sure if we are able to get along again.

"Is... something bothering you?" Stella said

"Nothing really so... don't worry about it" I said

"I see..." Stella said

She tries talking to me...Well, it would be awkward if we wouldn't talk to each other...

I want to be friends with her but...I'm still scared...I'm scared that she will hate me...Forget about me...

After 30 minutes, we finally arrived in our destination.

Although we have gotten out of the carriage, we still didn't talk to each other.

I want to talk to her but I feel like I can't...

Well...I started ignoring her when she started becoming friends with her so it would be weird if I started talking to her again...

Because of that, I'm definitely sure she dislikes me...

"Ohh...Catherine is there...I should wave and greet her..." Stella said

"Oh...Of course..." I said

Stella then started calling to Stella and they started greeting each other.

It seems...that they are close to each other...

"Ah..."

It seems that our eyes have met.

"Umm...Nice meeting you again, Lady Catherine" I said

"Nice meeting you too, Sir Samuel. I hope we have a wonderful outing" Catherine said

I am wary of this person... I simply don't trust this girl...She gives off the same aura as the "friends" I made back then...

But I shouldn't be judgemental just because of my hunch...

Still I don't trust her so I tried distancing myself away from her...

After our greetings, we then walked to our first destination...a dog shelter.

They greeted to an old lady...It seems that she owns the dog shelter.

It seems that they visit this place often...

The old lady then asked me if I was  a new friend.

"Oh! You're the brother of Stella. Nice to meet you too! I hope you get along with them. They are good kids after all." The old lady said.

As we finish our greetings, we headed to the dogs.

Good kids...

Well...I know Stella is but...Catherine... Am I judging her too much?

I did judge her thinking that she might be the same as them because she is a noble...Maybe she is different...

Maybe we can become friends...

With that, I got a glimmer of hope.

As we enter, the dogs starts wagging their tails when they saw them. As for me, they are wary of me since I am new here.

Because of this, I just watch Stella as she pet the dogs.

"Samuel...you can pet them...we can share..."

"I guess..."

After that, I sat down and started petting the dogs.

Although they resisted at first, they eventually let me pet them.

It reminds me of the bird when I am picking it up at the veterinary. Well, I'm glad that its alright now. I even hear its chirps every now and then.

"Isn't the dogs cute, Samuel?" Stella asked

"Yeah, I guess..." I said

"But I want to ask...Why do you always visit here?"

Don't get me wrong! I love animals but... I don't understand why in all places would you visit here often. There are many places you can visit like a play or an opera that you can't go when you were a commoner because it is quite expensive. Yet... you're here. Besides your friend probably dislikes coming here. So why...

"It helps me relax. With all of these sudden events, I just want to ease
my mind. It is still difficult for me to comprehend this new life that I'm currently having so I want to relax in this place while petting dogs. It cheers me up seeing the dogs happy making me forget all of the problems I have." Stella said

"Oh...I see" I said

She is still the same... She never changed

I am scared that she will change and starts hating me when she become friends with other nobles yet...

Did I overthink too much? Was that all for nothing?

But those questions left me with happiness...not regret.

Maybe...I can trust her...even just a little...

As I realized that, I whispered to Stella

"Thank you for talking to me..." I said

"Did you say something, Samuel?" Stella said

Crap... She might think that it is too cheesy...

"I...said thank you for hanging out with me"

"No worries, Samuel. I am just glad that you are having fun with us." Stella said as she smiles at me.

Crap...I'm overthinking again... Maybe she wouldn't mind if I just told her that...

I should fix myself...I cannot let my feelings take over my actions otherwise... I wouldn't be able to stay by her side...

She is still able to talk to me even though we haven't talked in weeks...What would happen if I do not talk to her again in weeks... I'm sure that she will hate me if that happens...So I need to become strong...

I promise myself to break down my walls little by little and open up and never let others affect me...

3