Interlude: Chores And A Bit Of Bickering
73 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Catherine POV

"Hauugghhhhhh..." I said as I wake up.

After waking up, I lay back down for 20 minutes because I still feel a bit sleepy.

After that, I then change my sleeping clothes and pick clothes befitting for a noble but casual since I am only wearing it at home.

"Still though, you call this casual clothes? This seems a bit much considering these are clothes that you wear at home."

Although the fabric and design of the clothes are different, they share a common characteristic. They all have sleeves while the skirt is below my knees; even my sleeping clothes look like this.

"Well whatever, let's just pick something comfortable."

After finishing picking the clothes, I then make my bed and put back the book in the shelf because I forgot to do it last night.

After that, I went outside of my bedroom to get some fresh air.

I then saw Ms. Maria Robinson, our head maid, carrying a broom and a mop.

Oh right...

"Can I borrow those Ms. Maria? I'll just clean my room."

"Of course, Lady Catherine. Here you go." Maria said as she gave me the broom and put down  the mop.

After that, I started cleaning my room. My room was fairly medium so it took just about 3-8 minutes to clean it . After I was finished, I thanked Ms. Maria and walked to go outside.

You might be wondering...Why would I do chores if I was a noble...Well, it is because of mother...

My mother asked the maids and servants to not clean our rooms and never budge if we insist. 

We lived as a middle-class family in the past life and shared our chores since mother knows that it is important to teach us as early as possible about doing chores. Right now, we are a wealthy family who can easily afford maids and servants but that doesn't mean that mother will give all our chores to the servants. My mother told us that we should enjoy what we have but we should remember to be humble about our blessings and never abuse it. 

Because of this, our mother told us that the servants will not clean our rooms and we need to do it ourselves and to be honest, I understand where mother is coming from. Not only in books, but in real life as well do you see people being spoiled rotten to the point that they will throw a tantrum over the simplest of things. Mother probably don't want that from happening so she is teaching us that just because they are working for us doesn't mean that we are better than them.

I'll thank mother for that. I remember back then that many noble girls would brag about expensive dresses and jewelry that their parents bought for them meanwhile they would get angry because a servant of theirs made a tiny mistake. And I'll admit that back then, I was jealous that they can do whatever they want but now, I feel sympathetic to the servants that deal with those people.

As I am walking, I saw my older brother, Lucas Crocus, standing. As I get closer to greet him, I saw my mother scolding my younger brother, Dylan Crocus.

"Did Dylan didn't clean his room again?"

"Yep. Same story as always."

My brother, Dylan, has always tried to run away from chores even in his past life. 

Well...It is quite fine that our days are like this...

"Well then, where are you heading to Lucas? Hanging out with someone?Probably not..."

"Listen here...Don't get arrogant just because you got new friends in this present life... You were also friendless just like me back then..."

"Well...true. Sorry...I just want to say good luck and hope you can make new friends."

"That's a rude way of saying good luck..."

Well its true...We were both friendless back then... Although I could tell you all about it, maybe another time...

"By the way, how is your lessons?" I asked

"Come on...Don't stress me out when today is a weekend... Give me a break... Being an heir of a count territory is exhausting."

"Don't worry about it...I'm sure that your future significant other would help you with your duties and both of you would live happily."

"You're optimistic... Too optimistic. Do you really think a spoiled noble would help me...I wouldn't even believe that she would lift a single finger."

"Well...I'm sure of it...Just a hunch..."

"Yeah...Let's focus first on getting friends... By the way, are you talking to me just to piss me off?"

"What...No, I didn't mean to... It's not my intention... I was just about to go outside when I saw you and wanted to talk to you...By the way, would you to like to walk around the garden?"

"Well yeah... I would like to..."

After that, we have gone outside and took a stroll around the garden and looked at the vegetables and it seems that they are almost ready for harvest.

Its just another day at the Crocus household.

3