4 – A Pencil Is Mightier Than A Sword
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The summoning room was located under the castle and only the royalty and the highest ranks knows the location of it. In order to summon a Hero from Another World, they need mages with huge amount of MP but thankfully the Kingdom of Fiondell has a massive amount of talented mages with a massive amount of MP. The last time the Kingdom summoned a Hero, it was 1,000 years ago when the world was under the leadership of the demons and the former Demon King, Abbadon. But the Demon King didn't live longer for he was being slain by the Summoned Hero, Light and the era of the demons has ended since then. But a thousand years later, in the current era, a new Demon King was born, and his name is Merihem. And he plans to follow his predecessor, to conquer the world once again. 


 

"Where are we going, Mariel?"

"We are going to our defensive lines which is located just outside the castle. I cannot believe the Demon King has reached into our defensive lines that early. We must hurry Hero-sama"

As we were done with our conversation, we hurried up to the defensive line. I am more concerned on how the heck I should defeat the enemy. I only know how to defeat one by playing RPG games back on Earth but I don't know if I can apply it here in this chaotic place. But my Status says I'm pretty darn bad but not too bad in Talents and Skills. As you can see in my Status, it's simple but quite busted. But hey, at least I can create what I want just by drawing things. Wait, I forgot that I don't have a pencil......

"Um, I know it's not the right time to ask, Mariel but can you write?"

Mariel, with a surprise face, replies

"Yes, Hero-sama. Why did you ask?"

"It's about my Skills. I'm sure you've seen it, the one where I can literally make anything I want as long as it's not alive but I need something that you can use to write"

The princesss stops in her tracks. I also stopped too. 

"Is it a pencil that you need, Hero-sama?"

How did she know that word? I'm kind of curious but does she ever seen one though?

"How do you know that, Princess? No, more importantly, can you even get one?" 

"I'll tell you after I make one"

Did I just misheard her? Make one? 

While I was doubting her inside of my mind, the area around me is getting heavier. The cause of it is right beside me, the princess. Did she really going to make a pencil here?

As I look at the princess, she is sorrounded by a white light. The longer I stare at her, the earlier I will lose my eyesight so I cover my eyes with my hand. 

"Activate Skill: Synthesize!"

The moment she said those words, everything goes bright then a few seconds later, it was gone. I remove my hands to see the Princess and then a shocking result came. I rub my eyes to see if I can still see clearly. No doubt about it, it really is a pencil! But it was kind of different in our pencil back in my place. The pencil's apprearance is flat like it was being squashed by a lot of pressure but no, I can't be choosy here. As long I have that tool, I have a chance to defeat the Demon Lord.

The Princess walks towards me and handed me the pencil. 

"Here is your pencil Hero-sama, as you requested. Though, it doesn't look like the same pencil from Hero-sama's world. Forgive me Hero-sama"

After the Princess said that, she lowers her head.

"No, no, this is such a huge help to me Mariel, please raise your head"

I panickly told those words to the Princess. I don't want to see such a gorgeous girl bowing to me. If you do that, my heart can't take it. Eh? Did I interacted with a girl before? Now that you mention it, I remember such a girl back when me and my family lived in Japan for a year. Her name was Kuromi. She has a long, shiny black hair paired with beautiful sparkly brown eyes. Whenever I see her, she gave an aura of a mature girl. I went and interacted with her because she read mangas in school which is unusual for a girl like her. Surprisingly, she was fun to talk with. The last time I saw her was 5 years ago when we went back to the US. I wonder how is she right now.

And there you have it. She's the only girl, aside from my mom and my little sister, that I interacted with. But just because I reached out to a girl doesn't mean that I am immune to girls. Well, setting aside my women family, she's from an opposite sex and I'm a guy. Of course I would get nervous when I see another girl! But she's a special case because we have the same hobbies. I know I did say that I never interacted with a girl before but that was here, in my hometown, in my school. But not when we live in Japan for a year. If I have to be honest with myself right now, I would love to go back in Japan.

Setting aside from my first interaction with a girl, I am much more curious on where the heck did the Princess acquires the knowledge of the existence of pencils. 

"So Mariel, how did you know about this pencil? Did your people made one?"

Silence consumes our sorrounding after I asked the Princess.

"You see, Hero-sama, there was a hero before you that was summoned by my ancestors a long time ago."

2