Chapter 2
3.4k 0 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wait, wasn’t it said Jiang Laien won’t participate in variety shows or something?

“What’s wrong?” Cheng Xin asked again when Ye Kehuan stopped talking.

“Nothing…” After Ye Kehuan finished speaking, she hung up the phone.

After Ye Kehuan hung up the phone, she stared at the screen of the phone for a while, and finally she stretched out her hand slowly and grasped the handle of the meeting room door.

Thinking that Jiang Laien should be sitting inside at this time, Ye Kehuan pressed her lower lip tightly, and her heartbeat sped up inexplicably.

“Crack—”

In the end, Ye Kehuan opened the door.

Ye Kehuan swept her eyes around the meeting room, only to see a woman wearing a smog blue sling dress with long and fluffy hair sitting inside.

The woman’s eyes were black and white, her long eyelashes were slightly raised, and her pupils seemed to be filled with thousands of stars. The outline of her elegant figure was perfect, and her temperament carried a kind of exquisitely refined taste. She was undoubtedly Jiang Laien.

Although the other people in the room were extraordinary, Jiang Laien outshone them all.

“You’re here?” At this moment, someone said to Ye Kehuan.

“Ah,” Ye Kehuan nodded, closed the door sideways, and walked toward the conference table, “Yes.”

“Sit down, there’s an empty seat there.” At this time, the director pointed to the empty seat next to Jiang Laien and unscrewed a pen.

Ye Kehuan nodded, then took a step forward, bowed her head and walked in.

Jiang Laien also tilted her head slightly and looked at Ye Kehuan next to her.

“Since we are all here now, let’s have the meeting in advance.” At this time, the director said again.

“Yeah, good.” Ye Kehuan nodded again when she heard those words, then pulled out her notebook and opened it.

There was a sound of flipping things in the conference room.

The content of the meeting was a bit boring, probably about the program of the show. Ye Kehuan was not able to listen to it very well. Maybe it was because she always focused on Jiang Laien next to her, and she couldn’t bear the light from the corner of her eye. The director glanced at her, since she was distracted from time to time.

Once, Ye Kehuan and Jiang Laien’s families lived together as neighbors in the western suburbs of Fenghuang for several years. They were not only neighbors, but also classmates. They had no intersection at first, but later they became glued together.

Jiang Laien had moved in when she was in the first year of junior high. When she first saw her, Jiang Laien was carrying a bright yellow backpack, wearing jeans and an oversized t-shirt, with some unpleasant sores on her body.

Perhaps it was because of inferiority, or because of being naturally sensitive and introverted, Jiang Laien, that year, didn’t dare to speak to anyone on her own initiative. Over time, she became an isolated existence.

Almost no one wanted to be friends with her, and the more popular people liked to bully her in groups, throw her textbooks into a stinking ditch, stick 502 glue under her pants, and confess to the ugliest kids in her name on the school forums.

Later, Ye Kehuan really couldn’t stand it, so she beat all those who had bullied Jiang Laien. After that, no one dared to bully Jiang Laien anymore.

From then on, Jiang Laien became Ye Kehuan’s little follower. Almost everywhere Ye Kehuan went, Jiang Laien would follow.

But later, and she didn’t know when it started—probably shortly after Ye Kehuan fell in love with someone—Jiang Laien’s attitude towards Ye Kehuan also changed inexplicably.

Originally, she would never have a conflict with Ye Kehuan. Later, she would basically compete with Ye Kehuan for anything. She also began to refuse Ye Kehuan’s invitations to the arcade, and even ran away when she saw Ye Kehuan.

Then, in their second year of high school, Jiang Laien transferred. Ye Kehuan originally wanted to send her off, but when she finally arrived at the airport, she didn’t go forward and just watched from a distance instead.

Later, Ye Kehuan also moved, and the two never contacted each other again. They had become strangers, until Ye Kehuan eventually officially crossed her out of her life.

On the other hand, Jiang Laien was also wondering.

Jiang Laien often thought about a question: Why am I so obsessed with Ye Kehuan?

Speaking of which, she and Ye Kehuan were old acquaintances, and they used to be particularly good friends.

It can be said that no one had ever been so kind to her as Ye Kehuan. No one had ever left her so heartbroken.

But later, that friendship was destroyed by her. Maybe it was youthful ignorance, or maybe it’s because she’s too nervous.

Everything was fine at first, but later, Ye Kehuan fell in love. After Ye Kehuan fell in love, she felt her world had collapsed.

She originally wanted to ignore it, but she really couldn’t help it, because she liked Ye Kehuan. Therefore, once she saw Ye Kehuan with anyone else, she would feel uncomfortable, so she couldn’t watch; only being able to avoid it and becoming alienated.

Later, she changed schools.

When she went to the airport that day, she was still full of reluctance and hesitation in her heart. She wrote a very long letter to Ye Kehuan apologizing, and attached her new contact information and address. She wanted to give it to Ye Kehuan, but Ye Kehuan did not show up in the end, so she could only leave in tears, and sever contact with Ye Kehuan.

Later, she found that she could not find Ye Kehuan on social media. At that time, she vowed she would never repair her relationship with Ye Kehuan in her life.

But what she didn’t expect was that she still obsessed over Ye Kehuan. Perhaps it was because the feelings of adolescence are always more unforgettable.

Later, she also wrote many letters to Ye Kehuan, but in the end, none of them were sent out, all just lying in a box with the postmark.

And now, the reason she came to this show was because Ye Kehuan was here. Yes, if it weren’t for Ye Kehuan being on this show, she wouldn’t even consider participating—after all, she was not short of heat.

As the two were wondering about each other, the director suddenly said: “Well, if the first stop is Bincheng Station, for the time being, it will be Laien and Ye Kehuan. Then you will choose your groups on the spot. Follow this operation while you are representing us…”

Hearing what the director said, one looked at one looked at the other. They were a little surprised, but they felt it was reasonable.

Ye Kehuan felt as though she just woke up from a dream, suddenly came back to her senses, looked at the director, and looked at Jiang Laien who was sitting next to her.

“What’s wrong, Miss Ye Kehuan, is there anything you are dissatisfied with?” At this moment, the director looked at her and asked.

“Of course not.” Ye Kehuan was stunned, and then quickly shook her head.

After seeing Ye Kehuan’s reaction, Jiang Laien didn’t say much.

After the meeting was over and everyone had dispersed, Ye Kehuan arrived on the ground floor of the building, looked up at the sky for a while, and recalled what had just happened. After a moment of silence, she drove away.

After dozens of minutes, Ye Kehuan bought some vegetables and fruits and drove home.

Laingcheng’s summer was very peculiar. Although the daytime was always hot, seeming to roast people, the night would make everything refreshing again. Perhaps because of the many trees.

In fact, the villa where Ye Kehuan lived was not bought by her, because she would not be staying in Liangcheng for a long time, so it was just rented by her so she could move freely around the city for the past six months.

Residencies in this area were very expensive, only for the rich, so not only was the greening and decoration very good, but the safety measures were also outstanding. Plus, they were not far from the sea. When she was bored, she would go drink orange juice and dig for little shells.

Thinking of this, Ye Kehuan thought of Jiang Laien again. Because they had discussed living together in such a house when they grew old.

Just as Ye Kehuan was in a daze, two eleven or twelve-year-old girls jumped past her car hand in hand.

The short girl held a chocolate bar in her hand and hesitated: “I don’t dare eat too much, so this is for you.”

After the tall girl listened, she blinked: “Why?”

Then, the short girl said: “Mom said that if you eat too much, you will become ugly, and then you won’t be able to marry.”

At this time, the tall girl shouted loudly: “Then marry me when you grow up, I won’t despise you!”

Finally, the short girl stuffed the chocolate bar into the tall girl’s hand: “Okay, ah, oops, actually… I bought it for you, so take it!”

Ye Kehuan looked at this and laughed softly without noticing. It’s really similar to me and Jiang Laien back then.

Ye Kehuan still remembered that after she helped Jiang Laien beat those bullies, Jiang Laien wanted to get to know her better to thank her, but she didn’t know how to converse, and was still very awkward, so she put things on the table for her every day. A stack of collector’s edition comics, and the next day it would be a bunch of desserts or something.

Every time Ye Kehuan asked who bought something, everyone would point to Jiang Laien, and Jiang Laien would always say, “I bought the wrong thing, so I’ll give it to you. I don’t need them, so I’ll give it to you.” The same excuse came out evasively. 

Later, Ye Kehuan felt concerned that the amount she was spending was no good, so she strongly refused. Jiang Laien became anxious, and then shouted: “I just want to be friends with you!”

Thinking of this, Ye Kehuan lowered her head with a smile, and fell silent again.

After a while, Ye Kehuan picked up her things and got out of the car and closed the door. Then she noticed that a truck had also stopped behind her. She could vaguely see the big characters “Ankang Moving Logistics” written on it. Someone was unloading cargo from the back.

Is this the new roommate that the landlord mentioned?

Ye Kehuan pushed her glasses and turned her head to look over there. Then, she saw another car parked next to the truck. After the door opened, a woman walked out.

The woman’s back was straight and elegant, and her silhouette was very charming. Although the shy was dark at the moment and people’s faces couldn’t be seen clearly, she felt the woman looked very familiar.

“That…” Ye Kehuan stepped forward.

At this moment, a young boy skateboarding suddenly rushed out, and because of his unskilled ability, he couldn’t control his direction, so he careened straight for the woman.

The woman was startled, making it hard to dodge.

So, Ye Kehuan rushed forward through the sparks from the stones, and immediately before the woman fell to the ground, she grabbed her by the waist, pulled her into her arms, and turned her slightly before coming to a stop.

At the same time, the woman also wrapped her arms around her neck and nestled in her arms.

The woman’s body was very soft, and it exuded a faint fragrance. Ye Kehuan’s heart beat extremely fast inexplicably; with her hands still wrapped around the woman’s soft waist, she asked, “Miss, are you okay?”

At this moment, the woman nodded gently in her arms. Her voice was soft, like feathers: “It’s okay.”

After hearing the woman’s voice, Ye Kehuan’s body stiffened, and she hurriedly lowered her head. At the same time, the woman also raised her head, revealing a familiar face to melon seeds1.

At that moment, Ye Kehuan’s face was incredulous.

 

The author has something to say: see you tomorrow night at eight~2

 

TL/N: 

1 - Melon seeds is slang for people who watch movies and dramas, or other onlookers and gossipers. I believe this is because melon seeds are a popular snack when watching TV and movies. I couldn’t find a good word to use in this sentence, and melon seeds will be referred to several times.

2 - The author left many little notes at the bottom of chapters. I’m going to leave them in, except for the ones that are several hundred words long.

34