2 | Badly Behaved Adults
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Stop flinging your food at each other!”

Across the table from Giovanni, none other than Luci sat. He had food in his spoon and kept flinging it over their way. Except this time, instead of hitting his original target, the green beans dripped down their other friend’s face. Guy.

“He started it,” said Luci. The words came out of his mouth so fast, it was almost like he planned for it to happen.

Giovanni stood up on the wooden bench and pulled one of his sleeves up. “You really want to start this?”

“Can’t you guys stop fucking around for one minute?” Guy heaved a deep sigh and wiped his face off with his sleeve. He then ran his fingers through his short blonde locks in frustration. “We have until tomorrow to come up with a plan for this project, and you knuckleheads need to help me.”

Luci took a loud sip of his strawberry milkshake. “I already told you, I have a date later. Why can’t you two do it?”

Guy, more than annoyed, flung his fork at him. “Why can’t you do it?” he mocked.

Next to him, Giovanni snorted.

“No more from you either!”

“But, I didn’t—”

Then, two fists slammed down on the edge of the table, startling the group of misfits. They glanced up to see their other friend, Cyril. Unlike the rest of their rowdy group, he was clean cut, clothes always in pristine condition. His college uniform, down to his shoes, was spotless. His sharp black eyes and baby-doll face made him popular with women and men alike. Compared to Giovanni’s bland looks, Cyril was in a league of his own. It really wasn’t fair.

“Scoot over,” Cyril said. He glared at Luci, who rolled his eyes before complying.

“Where have you been while we’re slaving away on our project?” asked Luci. He rested his head on his hand and lazily looked Cyril up and down. “Another date?”

“Unlike you, I care about my grades. I won’t be the one repeating a year of college.” Ouch.

Luci frowned. “Are you picking a fight right now?”

Annoyed with their shit, Guy had given up on trying to make them work and got up to leave. The café workers had been glaring at them for a while now. The one girl had cleaned the table next to them for a solid five minutes. It was making Giovanni uncomfortable.

“Where the hell are you going? What about the project?” Luci called after their friend, tone taunting.

All he got in return was a middle finger.

Giovanni let out a loud laugh. It didn’t look like they were going to get anywhere.

“This isn’t funny. What are we going to do now?” Luci sounded frustrated, but he didn’t make a move to do anything about his dilemma.

Cyril ignored them both. Obviously, he wouldn’t be any help. Most likely, he already had an idea written out and had fun watching them sweat.

“Wanna play another game?” Giovanni picked up his phone and opened the game they had started earlier.

“Fuck it.” Luci followed along. “You’re on.”

1