This Is A First
54 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Why when I'm reading this am I doing it in an Australian accent? 🥲)

"Get you're damn self out of bed already!" The loud voice of my eldest brother yelled at me, "It's 9:30!" A wooden spoon was wacked against a frying pan.

"Hey! That's frying pan abuse!" I heard the distant voice of my youngest brother as I pushed myself out of bed.

"Coming!" I called my eldest brother.

"Shut up,  Keith." My eldest brother sternly told the youngest. 

I got dressed and headed to the messy kitchen where Keith was bothering my eldest brother.

"Morning," I grumbled.

"Finally." Ethan the second,  the eldest glanced up from a cup of coffee as he said this.

I rolled my eyes.

"Brother! He's doing frying pan abuse!" Keith ran up to me.

"Dylan has done it before. What's the big deal?" I pushed Keith aside.

"What do you want to eat?" Dylan asked.

"Food . . ." I told him then paused, "Edible food." I looked at the burnt piece of toast in Dylan's hand.

"George, you want to cook?" Dylan looked to the third youngest.

"Sure." He got up and went to the stove and began to cook.

"Where's Connor?" I asked about the second youngest child. The last one.

"Probably outside or reading," Ethan answered.

I nodded. "Was I the last to wake up?"

"Yep."

I nodded. The usual. My name is Peter and I am a part of the world's worst terrorist group. Now I know what you're probably thinking, the worst? Come on, you can't be that bad! But we are. Oh, we so are. One time we tried burning down a school but instead, we scared an intruder out of the building and to the cops. We also tried trashing a beach almost harmlessly but instead, it looked like we were picking it up. We also tried kidnapping a little girl with an ice cream stand but we accidentally gave her the ice cream and she walked off before we kidnapped her. In this town, we weren't terrorists, we were heroes. Helpers even. The one thing that one of us did that was bad was Dylan once murdered someone but no one ever found out. Maybe it was for the best. But either way, my family is pretty hectic and that's probably why we thought we'd be good terrorists. I have 5 brothers in total. Dylan is the oldest, Ethan the second oldest, Me the third oldest, George the third youngest, Connor the second youngest, and lastly Keith the youngest. 

Our parents died around the time Connor was born. We found Keith on the streets when he was just a newborn baby. Another thing that we did that makes us seem like heroes. Sometimes I wonder if we should just give up on being terrorists and just be heroes. But that presents a risk. There is this one terrorist group called, "The Wild Dogs". I've seen them give us all these looks. One of them keeps staring at me and has warned me a couple of times but I just ignore it.

"Peter, you good?"

I snapped out of whatever it was I was thinking about and nodded.

"Good. Now eat something." George handed me a plate of food.

"Thanks." I ate it without a word as the others talked.

I heard something in their conversation that stood out to me,

"Have you seen The Wild Dogs? They destroyed an entire hospital and all the people in it are more injured than they were before. Some died." Dylan was talking to Ethan in a hushed tone but I was right next to him so I could hear it. 

"Yeah. They also have kidnapped a bunch of kids just this week!"

"But it's only Wednesday."

"Exactly."

Dylan leaned back in his chair and slowly shook his head, "Those bastards."

"They've been handing out posters too."

"What do they say?"

Ethan pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Dylan. I wasn't able to read it but Dylan's face filled with horror. 

"This can't be true." Dylan didn't whisper it this time and everyone looked at him, "No! This can't be happening!"

"What's wrong? What does it say?!" I asked frantically 

I glanced at Ethan and he was just sitting there with his head bowed down.

"It's the Wild Dogs," Ethan said.

"What about them?" I turned to stare at him.

"Give him the poster Dylan," Ethan said.

Dylan glanced at me and then reluctantly handed me the poster. I had to read it about 7 times to make sure I was reading it right.

'This is to all you little pathetic civilians. You're special heroes and we will be going into a fight Saturday night, 9:00 pm. Get ready for some action. And the heroes? Watch out. We aren't going down without a fight. And a big one at that.'

4