Bai
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The central hospital-

The sunlight was reflecting in the white hallways smelling of medicine and disinfectant constantly. The hallways were busting with patients, doctors and newly recruited residents.

A small group of three of newly assigned residential doctors came out of the OT after changing their clothes. 

"finally break..hu!" A girl exclaimed in the group still keeping her voice low as not to get scolded by the seniors.

"Don't get too excited." Bai smiled at her cheerfulness, despite being in a constant hospital's dreary environment. Even though glasses the dark circles under his eyes were clear.

"I am too hungry to get excited." The other guy yawned while mumbling.

Three of them settled for a table in the canteen. Though their sleep and eating schedules were messed up at least they had better food.

"So, how is the new country going Bai." The guy asked Bai while taking big bits of his bread. Bai was about to answer it was fine but got interrupted.

"Geez, what kind of question is this, be more creative?" The girl slapped the guy on the shoulder before turning to Bai with a bright smile."Do you have a girlfriend?" 

Bai's eyes didn't help him in concealing his surprise and embarrassment. He scratched his neck before deciding how to dodge the question honestly.

"Actually..."

His phone vibrated in his coats pocket. He excused himself for a moment to checked the phone, only to get up with a furrow between his brows.

"Obi kicked me out of the house, where should I go?"

He felt conflicted about where he should trust Chase's text or not. His brother could always kick Chase out of the house, he has had first-hand experience in that aspect.

Bai wasn't going to answer Chase's text, the young adult could solve his problem on his own. But rather he might just visit them.

Bai went back with upturned lips making the girl tease him over it.

______

Kira's apartment

The sky has already started to turn in different shades of orange but the typing sound in the room didn't stop. George was standing in front of the showcase observing small anime figurings. He was waiting for Kira to bombard him with information after she finishes.

Though the typing sound began to die down Kira showed no sign of speaking out. 

"Oh, fu*k!" One of the figurings was too close from slipping out of his hand due to Kira's loud swearing.

"Jeez, what happened?" George was still holding the one figuring in his two hands as if it was the most precious thing. 

Well, it was. Nobody would want to have a headshot over a broken doll. But the biggest loophole of the scenario was, Kira could only use guns in war games.

At present, Kira pulled her legs closer to her stomach and sat on the chair while massaging her temples.

"You got phished." Kira moved the cursor to show Grekov different emails from his e-mail account, a knockoff version of an original website. 

Seeing the content on the screen George mouth formed a grim line. He could now sum up how the hacker hacked his phone?

He invited the hacker by clicking on a single link.

The thought never crossed the young officer's mind that one day his phone was going to get used for a case's investigation study.

"Can you find anything from the e-mail like IP address?" George wanted to get as much as information from Kira. He didn't want to suffer from a blow without getting anything out of it.

Kira gave George a look of ridicule as he was asking for too much from her. Before diving deeper into the web and showing him a website with too many shining blue links.

|E-mail for only 0.001 cryptocurrency

Paypal account worth 5000$ for 0.0004 cryptocurrency

Whitewashing money in cryptocurrency for x%|

"Finding the real IP in the sea of fake IP's is probably impossible." Kira moved her hand from the mouse and turned her chair facing her awe faced ex. "It's the dark web, someday they will even sell real humans if the price is paid."

Kira took paused before smiling mockingly."Oh, they do it there and no one controls them." She rotated her shoulders and hand as they were sore between a serious conversation making George mad. Despite him slapping the hands away, she didn't budge. (not really)

"Doesn't Z have power over it?" George raised a huge concern. The reports he read clearly stated Z currently holds power over the hacker community?

"Yeah, he does. But over the hacker forum only and mostly the region in country A's side, many hacker groups in other regions hates him. The dark web is more than just hacker forum." Kira got up and found a general given by Charles from a drawer while continuing speaking ."And I don't think Z himself aspire to be something more out of hacker forum which will need him to have behind door support from government organisations. But he is busy destroying those governments. Does he think if he destroys the government today.... there is going to be an honest government tomorrow?" Kira with flow lost focus that rather than stating facts, she was now stating her opinion on Z.

George didn't mind listening to it. He was planning to absorb all the information about Z he could get. Even rumours. To him every rumour hold importance, they don't form in thin air. Unless someone deliberately tried to use them.

_________

Central library, M University-

The central library of City M was famous for its architectural, historical meaning. It was located in the heart of the largest university in the country. The building had its style of sculptures. Despite that, it was still largely packed with University students.

Chase kept on rummaging through a stack of the old newspaper beside him while sitting between large bookshelves. There were many cuttings of his mom winning awards for her acting, movies. He just couldn't get enough of it.

Anyone could tell not only Chase but even Sonia's birth country took pride in her accomplishments in her field. He even found some papers about the Alexandrov family. But after few news articles, he didn't found any word about them.

Chase checked the stack of papers once again, few newspapers were missing. Making a gap of six months. It was expected to have few papers missing in a public library. But the newspaper containing his mother's death was also missing making the situation sentimental for him. 

Chase decided to turn to the internet after he returns. Until then he was going to believe it was a coincidence.

Chase put the old papers back in their place. He was about to leave the library but his luck wanted to play games with him.

"Wait."

Chase ignored the female voice thinking he doesn't know anyone and continued taking a step further out of the section.

"Wait a minute." The girl tapped his shoulder. Being suddenly getting touch wasn't a good experience for Chase. He turned around thinking of cursing out in his head.

(I know what you are thinking how the hell did Chase get into the university library without getting a pass, it a plot hole or a good hacker. Don't worry, I am also thinking the same while staying up all night.)

0