Sarah
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chase stared at the girl with blond hair. His hand shielding his shoulder which the girl touched abruptly. 

"Uh..hello." Chase had an idea what was coming next but he wasn't 100% sure.

"I am a big fan of your songs." Chase released a breath he didn't know he was holding. Being relieved he smiled a bit, before thanking her for liking his songs in low voice. Between two years of his career, Chase had gained quite a bit of experience in fan service.

While conversing he made sure to look at other people constantly reminding the girl, they were in the library. And he was in a hurry.

"It was nice meeting you. Sorry but I am in a hurry." Chase back out of the situation swiftly as if he was allergic to human interaction.

Leaving behind a grinning Sarah who was on the seventh cloud despite not getting a selfie or an autograph.

_________

Charles' house,

The night sky was already dark, it was no moon, today. The wind was cold making the papers on the table move with it. 

Charles looked at the ticking clock, it was past curfew hours. He was anticipating someone. He searches through the scattered papers on the coffee table for his phone to make a call. 

*Bell* 

Charles went to the front door and opened it without checking through the door viewer first. He had an idea who might it be.

"How long were you going to make me stand outside? It's so cold today." The girl tried to set strands of hair down which were standing due to the wind. 

"Mom, called me 5 times!" Charles looked at the girl, he knew she could hear him but she wasn't listening.

"What? Brother, did you tell her I wasn't at your place?" 

Charles sighed at her priorities which were unbelievable for him. Despite that, he let her in and decided to lecture her inside.

"So, which project, birthday, club activity are you working on? Don't you dare to lie Miss future journalist?" Charles taunted Sarah who was removing her jacket. Hearing no answer from her for just 2 seconds he was annoyed. It was as if he didn't want to hear her part of the story in the first place. "Either you stop wandering outside after it's too late or I am not allowing you at the place after this, I will be also informing mom about how many times you have been coming home late." 

"NO!" Sarah looked at the cruel brother with her frightened expression, he can't be telling mom about it. Was he that mad for not getting privacy due to her? 

"Brother, you can't be telling mom. How about this I will try to get back before curfew? The university is too far away from home, your place is convenient."

"To fool around." Charles cut her sentence, he was not mad at her for coming late but for giving mom the chance to call him 5 times. A second-year college student with a journalism course should at least know how to lie properly. Journalism was all about conspiracy theories these days. Still, he couldn't be teaching her that.

Charles calmed down a little bit after the papers he was working on came into his sight. 

"Just remember to come home on time." He reminded her last time and once again sat down in front of his laptop and messy table thinking, 'he wasn't going to bring any work home, next time.'

Sarah felt relieved her brother wasn't in the mood to lecture her anymore. But the messy coffee table was making her brain hurt. She couldn't stop her clean frick self from trying to arrange those papers in order. 

Charles didn't mind her ordering the papers he also pointed her how to arrange them. The deadline was important for him right this moment than who was helping him.

While going through and arranging the papers she found a document with the heading.

|M Times monthly performance| 

Sarah was a Journalism student so she already knew about the M Times a local newspaper that was in a dire state. But the report deeply shocked her.

"Brother, what with the M times?" She wasn't a business student who could tell about the financial state of the declining local newspapers from chart or excel sheets.

"Nothing, they can't keep up the market value, anymore. Might need to close down but the real estate value of their office, the land is still high. So technically nothing." Charles looked at the grim expression on his sister who was still holding to the M Times' report.

"What is happening in college these days?" This wasn't going to stop her from thinking about it right now but at least it was going to distract her.

"Some students in our class tried to get an interview with the mayor today but had to wait downstairs his office for hours. He didn't even give an interview too." Sarah felt helpless while complaining to her brother about all this. Until she remembered something that happened today.

She couldn't find words to tell the incident, even Charles felt the energy from her but only worked in making him uncomfortable. 

"Don't act like a sales employee trying to make me trying to make me buy your socks." 

Sarah closed her eyes not trying to get provoked by the remark as she needs to share this information.

"Do you know this singer I am a fan of Chase Xavier is in the city? And do you know who he is currently collaborating with? JJ"

"No." Charles refused to hear anything further. Every time Sarah talked about a singer, actor he felt like she was recruiting people for some shady cult. He was sure in no time she was going to force him to listen to the guy.

A few moments later...

Charles was listening to Chase's song in front of Sarah who was eagerly waiting for his feedback with her brown eyes shining. 

Charles removed the earpiece, smiling nervously. Though he listened to the song and even liked the singer's voice and skills in writing his songs. It wasn't for him.

It was clear the Chase guy was producing music for high school or college students. He might have thought the songs were edgy in his college years, but right now they just seemed emotionless to him.

"What do you think?" Sarah asked, full of confidence in her music choice. 

"Um...fine. He needs to upgrade his writing skills, his audience will evolve soon. If he wants to still keep the audience he needs to experiment or they will leave. The songs are not my taste."

Sarah rolled her eyes and went to her room, her brother was being too mean. "Do the work yourself."

Leaving Charles with some documents which still needed to be arranged. Charles understood now there was nothing as free labour.

0