Scandal
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lift of the apartment building-

Chase pressed the floor button and looked at the ceiling of the lift. He wasn't in a great mood, but he wasn't in the mood to diss capitalism. The building management company couldn't even put a CCTV in the lift. 

He had been in the lift quite a few times but it never got under the skin like today. 

Today, he attempted in many places to find if he could get his hand on an old newspaper but failed. It was curiosity or something else even Chase couldn't explain it himself, maybe it was just blood relation. 

The Alexandrov family wasn't a well-known celebrity family but were rather a business family. Who kept their business under the rug except for his mother.

Chase entered the apartment which was just too quiet.

'Was somebody dead?' Just when the thought crossed his mind, he found Bai lying on the couch in the hall. Chase was about to check his pulse before Obi came out kitchen with a spatula.

A few moments later...

"Chase, nobody cuts onions in like that." Obi was frustrated with the guy's knife skills. He had already done his part and was waiting for Chase to at least cut the onions for which he first needs to change clothes, remove his contacts, wash his hands and onions, too. Which Obi could handle but Chase could at least increase the pace.

"I am not gonna do this, again," Chase spoke with a stuffy nose. He wiped the tears from his face while getting away from the kitchen counter. His chicks were already red due to having sensitive skin.

"Most food requires you to cut an onion, Chase." Obi put the onion in the pans while stirring them.

The kitchen right now was too chaotic for Bai to sleep through.

"Why are you fighting like a married couple who just finished their honeymoon phase?" Bai opened the fridge to find himself a water bottle while his sight fell on Chase's schedule for the week on the refrigerator's door. 'Why was his brother trying to murder Chase with a tight schedule on the first day while leaving so much free time on next?'

Bai's whole focus was on reading the schedule while his brother made rolled his eyes at the joke.

"If we were to get married, Obi would have been convicted for domestic violence, long ago." Both the twins looked at Chase with weirded out expressions. Making Chase question if the joke was distasteful. "Okay, it wasn't funny." 

Chase left the room rubbing his eyes, which were starting to turn red.

"His partner will need to make a prenup beforehand," Bai commented taking the opportunity of Chase's absence and exited. He already started to have an image of the court trial which was completely one-sided.

"Don't rub your eyes?"

That was the last thing Obi heard from the living room which went into silence once again. 

The three of them had dinner together which mostly consists of Bai asking about the organisation's situation and Chase's next plan. Both Obi and Chase tried to left most of the question unanswered. Rather Chase just gave the excuse of wanting to work alone this time.

_______

Chase's room-

Chase opened his laptop to check the comments on his last song. In the early days, he read every single comment on social media about him but now he rarely got so bored that he needed to read comments.

The comments to him were only of five types positive, negative, neutral, thirst, bots. And only bots didn't make him uncomfortable, they were direct about things.

|Want to last long? Here's the Link- |

While scrolling through tons and hundreds of comments Chase found an interesting negative comment under his music video. It was more than a comment, it was a whole 980-word essay. Chase first impression was of some hater who coincidentally had free time on his hand. But with just two lines Chase understood he was in for some honest criticism. 

The person who left a comment was clearly in bad mood but still presented some valid point Chase himself was stressed about. 

Experimenting with his songs, he was afraid to do so. Not because he didn't want to part with fame but rather he grew up playing, practising the type of music he made, now. It wasn't going to be easy for him to experiment.

His second point was Chase had zero EQ. Reading this Chase finally snapped. 

Chase scrolled to read the username, he was going to pin the comment to make others hate on him but stopped. He clicked on the account to see if it was verified. 'The hell, Charles Zimin was hating on him. It as if he was planning to run away with his sister. The coffee wasn't even hot or was the shirt expensive.' Chase couldn't think about anything else Charles could be mad about.

Chase closed the laptop immediately. He was not going to do anything without thinking, he didn't wish for a scandal with Charles Zimin. 

It was the latest comment with a not so fresh music video of his. Chase bit his fingernail, his mind full of turmoil about whether or not he should delete Charles' comment. He could also use his ability to delete the available screenshots of the comment but Zimin would know it. He by no means wanted to get Charles interested in his Chase Xavier identity. 

Chase wished this thing to fade from Charles memory. Netizens could forget it in minutes after reading about some other celebrity's scandal, but for that Charles needed to have a short memory. 

After almost breaking his fingernail from biting, while wrecking his brain, Chase decided to sleep on the scandal.

0