Mrs Petrova
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Charles held his cutlery idly, he didn't felt the appetite. His thoughts weren't given time to root himself in a place as his mind wander freely from one thought to another.

"Charles..." James called his mentally absent friend for the third time. Both of them were having dinner at uncle Petrov's place today but Charles as usual was staring at nowhere. "CHARLES.."

The Petrov couples villa was located in one of the high-class areas of the city M. The interior gave a rather homely feeling thanks to Mrs Petrova's constant efforts. And of course also due to general Petrov's intact back.

"Give him a break, James." Mrs Petrova spoke defending Charles with a cute smile on her face. She put the hot food on the table. Removing her gloves she sat beside general Petrov who was too busy trying to turn on his old radio by moving the antenna. She pats the old man trying to get his attention on food than the radio. 

It was clear Mrs Petrov was younger than Mr Petrov by at least 10 years. But anybody with eyes could see they were a great loving couple in every aspect. Despite not having any biological children of their own they had 20 kids who they supported in different ways with one adoptive daughter. Petrov couple's love for children was well known, even for Charles and James they were parental figures.

James shrugged on Mrs Petrova's suggestion of not picking on Charles. His friend could call him at dawn, so couldn't he just make a little bit fun of Charles? "He called me early in the morning, can't I be a little salty about it?"

Charles was going to say sorry but Mrs Petrova cut him off. "Oh! Yeah, his recent scandal. It's a shame to call it a scandal on top of that those old geezers found faults in that, too. Why was the purpose for that Charles?" Mrs Petrova not only insulted Charles but also the board of direction whilst she looked classy as if she was talking about flowers. 

*Cough*

Charles drank the glass of water in front of him. His aunt Petrova was sweet but director Petrova only wanted efficiency during work. "I will try to have a better scandal next time?" 

His sentence made both Mrs Petrova and James laugh before general Petrov decided to join their conversation.

"I have a good idea how to have a better scandal?" General Petrov put him now working radio on the corner with a grin on his face. Everyone including Charles was looking at him with curiosity. "Get a girl, get married. Believe me, rest will be a scandal." 

Mrs Petrov sighed at her husband's antics. James excitement was crushed as his lips were struggling if he should keep his smile or not. The most affected one was Charles whose face was pale. Leaving Mr Petrov as the most delighted person in the room, the grin didn't leave his lips.

"Leave him alone. Why are you two always ganging upon him?" Mrs Petrova looked at her husband smiling but it felt threatening in general's eyes. His grin instantly vanished. "Charles, why are not having rice?" She asked Charles leaving Mr Petrov hanging.

"But Raisa..." Mr Petrov tried to talk his way out of it but Mrs Petrova's large eyes told him off. His wife wasn't someone easily pursued, he knew it too well. "Okay, fine. I will just show this brat how happy my marriage is in his face."

James busted out laughing hearing those words covered his mouth with his hand. He nodded in agreement many times not stopping his neck continuing to speak with the couple.

Charles smiled helplessly that went unnoticed by the rest but Raisa Petrova's eyes weren't a joke. He knew this was going to happen the moment he said yes for dinner, but still, his heartfelt heavy with the topic. 

Mrs Petrova observed the brown-haired during the whole dinner not saying anything. The atmosphere was light after it as small laughs could be heard.

"Charles help for a moment." Mrs Petrova asked Charles for help with dishes as James was busy gossiping with Mr Petrov. Charles had guessed her aunt's motive wasn't her dishes but he pretended to be ignorant.

"Don't take that OLD man's words to heart." She started washing the dishes with soap. Her voice was as loving as usual but there seemed a little hesitation in it."It's okay if you don't want to get married. We are okay with it nobody is gonna force you." 

Despite those gloss over words Charles saw through them instantly. It wasn't that it didn't matter but they couldn't possibly say things to him directly as he wasn't their legal child. Charles didn't want to be told about marriage constantly but that didn't mean he wanted to distance himself from people that loved him.

"No, I don't think....uncle is forcing me. And me too....it's not that I don't want to get married...I just haven't found someone who has similar sets of values as me." Charles put a smile on his face trying to convince his aunt. He glanced at her face to see if she bought his excuse. Mrs Petrova had a poker face as if she was thinking about something.

"Oh, there is ice cream in the fridge for dessert." She a shocked face on the realisation and pointed at the refrigerator for Charles to open it. Her off-topic order threw Charles off-guard but at least the mood wasn't heavy. "And you know Charles sometimes two people with different viewpoints can have a similar set of values."

Charles paused for a moment hearing his aunt's word. His lips turned upward as he realised who the couple was with different viewpoints was.

"I think he got some skills for communications." James expressed himself in front of the old man. They were listening to his old radio in the living room. James specifically showed interest in the interview as an artist under him was being interviewed.

"No, he doesn't. I bet he won't stand a chance in an interrogation." General Petrov tried to teach the boy what real communication skills were. The youth these days was too fragile according to him.

"Interrogation what are you talking about? He is my artist not one of your military people uncle." The sheer thought of any artist getting in the scandal was unacceptable for James unless it was a publicity stunt. So an interrogation was a big no-no. 

Leaving that aside he should have Chase Xavier focus on promoting the movie after the movie album is released. James had planned on using the other two artists who were going to work on the third song with Xavier during promotion more. The media was usually biased to the familiar faces which Xavier wasn't in country A. But hearing the radio interview maybe the guy could pull it off. 'Why didn't he notice it earlier? But more importantly, where was the dessert?'

(I know, in a bl novel so many straight couples.)

0