Silence before the Strom
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dimly lit room, the silver-haired sat looking at the evidence he got his hand on today. He wasn't much happy with it but it was enough to put Mayor in for at least a few years and his career politics destroyed for a lifetime. 

He hated the fact he didn't get anything about White's murder case which would have done the job perfectly but getting justice for the guy wasn't his responsibility. He only needed to make sure Mr. Steve lose the position.

Chase opened the small refrigerator in the room to find something to some ice cream to eat. 

The next morning, the news of Opus bar and other businesses related to it getting raid for drugs, prostitution came out. It was all thanks to an anonymous tip but to Obi's none of it made sense. 

He observed the silver-haired guy's moment in front of him who ate his breakfast as the most innocent person in the world.

"Did you do something?" Obi questioned Chase lowering the volume of the tv with the remote. It was human nature to be curious but Obi wasn't interested simply due to his nature but because of his survival instincts.

"No," Chase answered him nonchalantly but Obi didn't seem to buy his answer. Chase frowned seeing the clear distrust from someone who knew him for years. "I might be the anonymous tipper but do you think just one tip would move the authorities? And don't count me as a liar. I hate lies-"

"Only when they are by other people. Hiding the truth, telling a half-truth, manipulating the information for benefits are all forms of lies, Chase." Obi finished his sentence and turned to the television. He increased the volume once again without waiting for Chase to react. In the same way, Chase couldn't careless about being called a liar. 

The other people who had followed him in past on Nicolas' order were worse off with emotionless professional faces and over the top protection protocols. He even got to eat homemade food and got free labour- manager. The pros were too good to care about the cons. 

Chase left the apartment early for the recording room. The final day of recording the two songs wasn't much far. JJ had also contacted Obi first, regarding the meeting with other singers of the third song which was going to be a headache. The silver-haired was pretty much under pressure from both sides.

He entered the lift as his phone buzzed in his jacket. 

*Notification*

Chase reach his pocket it was a pass for a conference four days later. The sender was unknown but there wasn't a worry on his face. His eyes brighten up as his lips turned upward.

_________

The crime branch,

Two officers were talking about the murder case of White surrounded by the mountains of files. The female officer looked a bit tensed. She searched through the files as if she was looking for something particular. "Do you think this case is related to the ongoing serial killer case?"

"Burnt fingers, disfigured face, sexual assault. The victim was probably tortured when he was alive. But despite that, the body wasn't cut into pieces. We can't say the killer is the same, may be a copycat killer. But a he did a poor job." The male officer spoke in a calm voice. The explanation was enough to silence others but the latter didn't seem much moved. 

This puzzled him a little but he let it go thinking the female officer was being a snob. He increased his pace not wanting to be in the packed room any longer. " Mam, I found the file of the case you wanted."

Her eyes widened seeing the case file. It was a recent case but got buried under many other popular cases. "Thank you for your help."

She took the file which was heavier than her expectation but she held it tight. She went to her desk and started studying the file but luck wasn't on her side, today. 

"Hello, everyone." Grekov stood in the middle of the office that was divided into several cubicles. Everyone present resumed their work and turned their focus on their superior. 

It hadn't been long for Grekov to transfer to the head office. But he had a great track record which garnered him a good reputation among his juniors. There were still small noises here and there but George ignored them all and focused on conveying the news he was supposed to give.

"In upcoming days Mr. Steve is going to do public appearance in a conference. We have ensure his safety two patrol teams will be assigned in the auditorium while a team will follow him during his appearance." He scanned through the officers seeing if anyone has complaints but thankfully there weren't. 

"Okay, then. Assistant officer will leave the assigning the roles. If anyone has problems, I am in my office." He left the room giving everyone the chance to discuss the new responsibilities that fell through the sky out of nowhere. And now they needed to put their current cases on hold and secure an auditorium big enough for two thousand people.

It wasn't that Z-mayor case wasn't popular anymore. But it just wasn't their job, their was nothing they could do to find a hacker who hid behind his computer screen. Expect having their IT team to tract him down.

The female officer sighed turning her focus back on the serial killer case file in her hand. She had long way to go before finding the culprit but she was determined.

0