8
45 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8

Darcy looked at the tea the servants had served her with a sigh.

Her joy tarnished by the vampire.

Hasty footsteps were heard again and he saw Zhiyu's chestnut hair dripping onto his pale blue pajamas.

- You put on your pajamas.

- It's evening.

The top was badly buttoned and he could see the white shoulder and a piece of belly. Darcy swallowed and patiently buttoned up the pajamas.

- Sorry, I was quick.

- Its good. it does not bother me. Xin's not here? he asked to focus on something other than the soft skin inches from his fingertips.

Even though he hated this guy.

Xin had a dirty look when he looked at Zhiyu.

Darcy had hoped that he would drop the case when he learned of her pregnancy but nothing had changed.

Unfortunately.

- He stayed at the hotel.

Darcy froze.

- Did you sleep together?

- Nope. I don't want to do this with Xin.

- Treasure. Don't let him manipulate you okay?

Zhiyu wrinkled his face.

- He's not doing this on purpose. He is nice even if he lies a lot.

- It's okay, don't defend him in front of me, I know you like him.

Darcy ran a hand through the wet hair, smoothing it back.

Zhiyu's eyes stared at him hungrily.

It was so obvious.

And it was terrifying to think that one day he might stop looking at it that way.

- Honey, go get a towel, I'll dry your hair.

Zhiyu nodded and rushed down the stairs.

Darcy sighed.

It was hard to just be a friend.

Darcy didn't want that and neither did Zhiyu.

But they had tried in the past and it hadn't ended well.

Even though Zhiyu had had his memory erased.

Love had given way to violence, Zhiyu had started to self-harm out of anxiety.

He still remembered Zhiyu's firm hand pressing against his head to drown him in their bath. Zhiyu pulled his hand away at the last minute and the puffs of oxygen were painful.

He had truly feared for his life but the tears of despair had broken his heart.

Darcy didn't know what was wrong.

He did everything he could to reassure him, call him as soon as there was an unexpected event, send him text messages every hour, put him first for everything, Zhiyu remained terrified at the idea that he would leave him one day. day.

He had started to talk about double suicide in a joking tone until he really tried.

Distraught as Zhiyu aimed the blade at his heart crying, he gave his consent and closed his eyes.

The pain was still raw in his head.

Zhiyu narrowly missed him but when he felt Zhiyu's blood on his hands he panicked and called Celen.

Zhiyu had been in a worse condition than his even though the scar on his chest was ugly.

If Celen hadn't arrived in time, they would both be dead by now.

Celen had sealed Zhiyu's memory erasing his memory from the beginning of their relationship.

The vampire couldn't completely erase Darcy because she was too important a person for Zhiyu, so he just erased their moments together, visualizing every intimate memory.

And Darcy left because it was too painful.

Celen and Xin had lied to Zhiyu telling him that he had had an accident and had been in a coma for a year.

Darcy had just texted him to tell him he was going on a trip and he wouldn't be reachable.

Zhiyu had found his new number anyway he was crying apologizing if he had done something wrong to upset him, Darcy hadn't been able to reject him and they had reconnected remotely.

Finally they had seen each other a few times in secret and Zhiyu had declared himself once again.

Darcy was shocked but rejected him lying telling him he loved his sister to get him to give up once and for all. Zhiyu seemed to have accepted it but Darcy felt unable to fully exit her life and used her family to arrange an arranged marriage with Lyuna.

Both families were delighted, Darcy thought she had found the perfect solution. Lyuna was not a stupid girl and knew her advantages to marry with her family especially that her father pushed her to accept, greedy.

Lyuna was a mage renowned for her prowess and talent and she was pretty. For his family it was a relief, he who had always refused all the fiancées that his mother had presented to him.

Their respective families did not know that Zhiyu and Darcy knew each other.

For Zhiyu's family, he had considered him dead for a long time and his family didn't care about him so deeply.

- You're sad ?

A finger pointed to his cheek, making him smile. He easily grabbed Zhiyu and pulled him into his arms. Appreciating the sweet smell emanating from him.

- I'm not sad.

Zhiyu raised his arm.

- The napkin.

Darcy grabbed him and Zhiyu settled on the floor between the blonde's legs. Darcy took her time drying Zhiyu's hair, enjoying being able to touch him.

- Zhiyu, would you like us to go away for the weekend together?

- OK.

- You shouldn't ask Celen first? Darcy smiled.

Zhiyu shrugged.

- Even if he says no, I'll still come.

Darcy grabbed her chin and lifted her head, speaking seriously to her.

- You can not do that.

- I'm not a child, I don't need his permission.

Darcy raised her eyebrows.

- You are under his guardianship.

- I'll ask him then. But he will say no. He doesn't love you.

- If you ask him he will say yes. Darcy sighed. If it's me he'll say no.

Zhiyu chuckled

- Most likely.

- It's already dry.

Darcy tossed the towel aside keeping her hand in her soft hair, thoughtful.

- Darcy.

Zhiyu fidgeted and whispered softly, the tips of his ears blushing.

- Can I hug you ?

- Mh? I thought you weren't a child.

Zhiyu remained silent, his shoulders dropping slightly. Darcy grabbed him, rocking him on the couch. Seeing Zhiyu's surprised look, he chuckled softly.

- I didn't say I refused.

Zhiyu leaned against him, his face against Darcy's chest, listening to her heartbeat. It was peaceful and Darcy buried her nose in Zhiyu's hair. he missed it a lot. He tried to space out visits with Zhiyu but it was torture. He just wanted to hold him in his arms like that and not think about anything.

- Darcy Whispered Zhiyu against his chest

- Yes Treasure?

- Why do not you Love Me ?

A tear ran down Darcy's cheek he will Zhiyu against him harder. Remaining silent.

Zhiyu didn't dare ask the question again, his throat tight. He could just hear Darcy's heart beating faster.

- I'm sorry.

Zhiyu cried silently as she wetted Darcy's top as she gently stroked her head silently. Zhiyu cried for a long time, refusing to let go of him before falling asleep like that.

Darcy stared blankly at the cup on the coffee table. The cold heart. The same questions kept coming back. Should he just be gone forever? Could he try again with Zhiyu, this time he would take better care of him, he wouldn't make him cry. He would find the words to reassure him.

- Here, brother-in-law.

Xin's sarcastic voice broke the silence. Zhiyu stirred but didn't wake up, rubbing her face against Darcy's chest.

- What do you want Xin? Darcy asked quietly so as not to disturb Zhiyu.

- Stop bothering Zhiyu.

Xin settled down on the sofa in front of them, his eyes and voice freezing cold. As if Darcy was his worst enemy.

Darcy had already thought about wiping her memory too.

But Celen had told him that if he did that, the two would probably get back together because he couldn't completely erase them from each other's memories at the risk of serious harm and he had no way to. suppress their feeling. By keeping his memory, Darcy would know why he couldn't be with Zhiyu.

Darcy was at an impasse.

Becoming Zhiyu's brother-in-law so he could stay in his life and let him forget his feelings was a good fit on paper. But in theory. He was sick of it. He didn't want to marry anyone but Zhiyu. He didn't want anyone but Zhiyu. And he hated Zhiyu for being so close to other men.

He should just tell Zhiyu that he loved him and if he ended up dying by his hands, he wouldn't blame him.

Only, Darcy didn't want Zhiyu to become a murderer because of him.

- Why doesn't he go to the psychologist anymore?

Xin's face darkened.

- He was the 21st psychologist this week. He was a bit unstable when we got back but he seemed to be fine. The next day he went to get some waffles and Celen found him naked among several other men.

Darcy's arms tighten around Zhiyu who grumbles in annoyance and Zhiyu loosens his grip.

- The shrink says he has to go to a medical facility where they can monitor him, but it's too dangerous. He needs to be able to suppress the energy of the sun and moon at all times, and they can't be trusted for that. They will never bring prostitutes for Zhiyu to discharge the energy that poisons him.

- So that's it...

Xin waited a moment but Darcy said nothing more.

Finally unable to bear to see them hugging anymore, Xin opened her mouth but at the same time Darcy spoke again.

- I am going to leave.

Darcy had been thinking about it for a long time. It was the only solution, everyone knew that. But it was really difficult. Darcy didn't want to give up on Zhiyu, he had always believed that there would be a solution for both of them in the end.

Xin looked surprised and then pleased.

- You should have made this decision a long time ago.

Darcy gently caressed Zhiyu's cheek, softened by her smug expression. He must surely be dreaming of food.

- I just need a weekend with him before that.

- Nope

- Okay

Darcy looked up at Celen along with Xin who had agreed.

- If you get even closer to him before you leave, you will break his heart.

- He will be heartbroken anyway. Xin retorted.

- I won't go too far, it will just be a weekend with friends.

Darcy was speaking lightly but Celen having seen Zhiyu's memories he knew it wasn't easy.

Even though he didn't care about Zhiyu, having Darcy continually in the way was a thorn in his side.

- OK. Go this weekend. He returns here Sunday no later than 10 p.m. He works Monday.

Celen turned away and Xin watched him go thoughtfully.

Darcy moved waking up Zhiyu who frowned in confusion.

-Darcy?

- Honey, I have to go.

- I fell asleep ? Zhiyu yawned without moving.

He still had tear marks on his cheeks and Darcy rubbed gently with her fingers to make them disappear. Zhiyu wrinkled his nose but let him. It was cute.

- Honey, I can't get up. Darcy finally said noticing that Zhiyu had no intention of moving.

- Eat with us. Zhiyu just smiled. I will cook for you.

- You know how to cook ? Darcy wondered.

- You know how to cook ? Xin had asked the exact same question.

-I asked... Zhiyu paused for a moment thinking intensely, the granny to teach me in secret. It's a dish you like.

Darcy looked at Xin but he had no idea who the granny was, probably a servant, he hesitated to impose himself but the pressure of the gaze that Xin exerted made him give up. He had to stop being so greedy.

- Sorry, I already have dinner planned.

It was actually the truth, it's just that he could cancel it if it was to spend time with Zhiyu. And he would apologize later.

Zhiyu's face darkened.

- Are you having lunch with The Sister?

The cold voice surprised Xin but Darcy knew Zhiyu well.

He bent down gently rubbing their noses together. Eye to eye.

- Honey, you have the power to know if I'm lying or not. If I tell you I'm having dinner with Lyuna is that a lie or not?

Zhiyu pushed her face away a bit violently and Darcy bit her tongue. He rubbed his chin as Zhiyu ran away, his eyes moist.

Xin had wide eyes, in incomprehension.

Darcy smiled bitterly.

- I called his sister by her first name. He doesn't like me reminding him that we got engaged but can't say anything because he thinks I don't love him and might hate him if he makes a scene, so he runs off to cry somewhere or I wouldn't see it.

- Don't act like you know it by heart.

- I don't. If that was the case, I would have known what to do so that he wouldn't be unhappy with me.

Darcy doesn't speak anymore, her face dark and out of the living room at a brisk pace.

Xin ran a hand over his stomach, worried.

- Its good. it will be better when he is gone. He whispered nervously.

Celen, who had followed the scene in the shadows, simply stared at the ceiling, leaning against the wall, his face expressionless.

To be continued...

Hey!

So, so what do you think of this story?

Moreover normally, there is another rival which arrives, finally I still hesitate has to add it.

I'm waiting for your opinions to post the rest!

Which Team Are You?
  • Team Xin Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Team Celen Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Team Darcy Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
1