Chapter 5
119 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I release a tired sigh and let my body fall to the bed. Today is a long day. Not because of the monster, no. The villagers decide to throw a party to defeat the goblins, and I get dragged by the Bird Youkai, whose name is Kuchiki.

The party is filled with sake and many kinds of food. I must admit, the sake is delicious, and the food is even more delicious.

While lying on the bed, I open my stats and see that the quest gets me to another level up.

|Name: Lucas Anderson|

|Race: Youkai/Mink|

|Level: 22|

|HP: 1590/1590|

|MP: 830/830|

|STR: 119|

|DEX: 123|

|VIT: 159|

|INT: 80|

|WIS: 83|

|SP: 210|

The fight did not give me additional stats because I'm not really trying. The fight is quick because not only do they have lower levels, but they are also small in number, unlike the zombies in the dungeon.

I open my shop menu and notice that I can roll another gacha. I press the roll buttons and see the wheel spin. After a few seconds, the wheel stopped, and the needle pointed at a symbol of a sword.

|Congratulations!|

|You get Kiba: Lightning Fangs|

Spoiler

[collapse]

|Kiba: Lightning Fangs|

|One of the legendary Seven Swords of Mist. Among the seven swords, Kiba is known as the sharpest sword in that group, but it was not the only thing it could do. Kiba can generate lightning and even create a storm cloud to generate more powerful lightning.|

Kiba? I remember that sword from the Naruto Series. Hmmm, I can see a pattern in here. Lightning specialist path? First Electro and Sulong Form, now I get Kiba. Both of them are lightning-themed powers and equipment.

Not that I'm complaining.

I take out the sword from my inventory and hold it in my hands. I push a little bit of my energy inside the sword and see it releasing a spark of electricity. I stop feeding the sword my 'mana' and see the spark disappear.

Now, speaking of mana… I need to know what MP stands for. If we go by a regular game, it means mana, but for some reason, the other youkai can feel my chakra instead of mana. Kuchiki told me that Mana and Chakra are different.

Chakra is the combination of both Qi and Mana to create denser energy that is tied to someone's Lifeforce. Every living being has part of the chakra inside their body. Either it was mana or Qi, but the only one that can have both is Youkai, or at least if we go by this world's nature.

Now back to the current problem. Does my MP stand for Chakra Point or only Mana? I can see my mana decrease when I push a little bit of energy into Kiba, and so does when I use Dawn Rune.

I think I need to ask that bastard for confirmation.

|MP is for both.|

Oh, you are here.

|I come to check on your progress when I see you are getting out of the dungeon, and I must say that your progress is relatively slow.|

Slow? How is that slow? I'm already level twenty-two in one day!

|Yeah, slow. You can reach level thirty if you go wild.|

Go wild? Do you mean letting my Sulong Form take over and let loose?

|Yup. You will die in the end, but you will reach at least level thirty.|

And get all of my stats cut in half? No, thank you.

|Whatever. Just remember to do the main quest, or I will kill you by destroying your soul.|

Urgh. A perfect way to make me motivated, a threat.

|Meh, it works.|

Anyway, back to MP. What do you mean by MP is for both?

|MP is short for Mental and Physical. You know what that means, right?|

Mana and Qi. I see. I can use all three of them.

|That's right. If your attack requires mana, it will take the mana, and if your attack requires chakra? It will take them. With this, you don't need to worry about other kinds of energy. The only downside is that they all come from one pool of energy.|

Win some, lose some, I guess.

|There is some exotic energy you need to earn or come from Gacha.|

I see.

|Anyway, that is all. Good luck with your mission. I will visit you once in a while.|

Hmmm, see you later.

I continue to look at my sword and decide to put them away. I did not have any sword scabbard that could match the shape of Kiba. I also have a feeling I need a special kind of sheath. I think I should test this out when my Dawn Rune reset.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

When midnight passes, Lucas gets inside the dungeon. Just as he sets foot inside the dungeon, he can feel his body start to change. Fur starts to grow on his body, his hair gets longer, and his body gets three times bigger.

While he cannot hear the whisper just yet, Lucas knows that he the whisper an hour from now, but at the moment, he can hold himself from the Curse of the Full Moon.

He takes out his new weapon, and to his surprise, Kiba immediately coats itself in lightning.

What Lucas did not know is that Kiba had already accepted him as its new master. Not many people know this, but two of the Seven Swords of Mist are sentient. They choose their own master. Samehada and Kiba are sentient swords.

Samehada will stab anyone who it deemed not worthy, and Kiba will fry anyone who is not worthy of trying and wielding it.

Kiba already notices the Electro and likes it. Lucas immediately became Kiba's master.

Anyone who tries to steal this sword will be electrocuted to death.

"Let's do this, shall we?"

Lucas sends half of his MP into his sword, and suddenly a dark cloud appears in the sky. He then points his sword at the target, and a second later, a lightning bolt hits the area he points at. He looks at his sword in amazement and grins a little.

With excitement, he begins to hunt the monster.

1