12: The Driver
186 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tim was sitting on the couch holding the stack of paper Robert provided him yesterday. He did not have a good feeling about the contents but read it nonetheless.

It contained everything about the Rosenwood family, ranging from the number of teeth left in Lord’s mouth to the size of his underwear. There were many personal things like how many women, Cirris the Lord of the house had slept with or how many bastard children he had, and many more. But those were not the topic at hand.

The topic was Samuel, Leon’s personal carriage driver who was a knight in Rosenwood household but mysteriously lost everything and lay on the streets with no tongue, damaged eyes, broken bones, and many horrific bruises on his body.

A couple of months ago he was found by Leon, who patched him up and hired as his new driver. For some reason he found him interesting and then one day he told his painful story to him by writing a fifty-page journal.

Leon thought it would be something minor but it was not. It was about the hell he had experienced. How everything was taken from him. His wife, his unborn kid, his family… everything.

His wife Moyra killed herself with the child inside her, by jumping off the mansion after Lord Rosenwood talked with her all night about how to take good care of a child. Next day her family disappeared from their village followed by Samuel’s. And after some days Samuel was found.

It was Something only a few knew and hid it like it would never be found until Leonhart got in the way.

“I want to kill him…” Mumbled Tim placing the papers on the table before him. His blood boiled as the sense of vengeance rose in him. He could clearly remember the day he saw Samuel. The pain, the suffering, the helplessness in his eyes. It was too much for any man to handle.

In the sense of revenge Tim was no better. He lost the closest family he had left by the hand of someone he trusted. And what did he do in return? Nothing, literally nothing. The feeling of helplessness stuck with him too as he failed to protect her.

The fire of vengeance still burned within Tim and after knowing about Samuel, it burst. He sympathized with him. He could relate to him. He could understand his emotions. He too wanted retribution. And that was enough.

“It won’t be easy.” Answered Sophia who had the perfect idea of the picture she was looking upon. She was with Leon for the past five years and due to their intimacy, she knew anything and everything about him and his doings.

“I don’t want it to be easy.” A wicked grin appeared on Leon’s lips as he looked to his right, towards Sophia who carried a calm expression. “I want it to be hard. I want Cirris to suffer. I want to kill him slowly… enjoying his demise…”

“I know. This is why your reputation, which you desperately need, is kissing the ground.”

“Who cares! He needs justice and I will give him that.” Leon leaned on the couch crossing his legs as he gestured her to sit beside him which she obeyed silently.

“Still, you cannot be reckless like before. You need to be careful.” Sophia added, picking the documents, and started reading.

Soon the grin vanished from Tim’s face as he spoke in a distinct tone. “I feel bad for him. He just wanted a happy life but, in an instant, everything was gone. And for what, greed, lust, pride… These people need to learn their lessons. They need to experience the consequences of their actions.”

“And you are more than happy to give them that.” The maid muttered with a soft smile.

“Yes.” Tim nodded, exhaling a deep breath. Oddly Leon trusted Sophia, so did Tim. She was precious to him, like his new family.

She knew every secret of Leon and it was perfectly understood by Tim. There was no point in hiding anything from her.

“Leon…” asked the maid, dropping the paper onto the side as she moved closer to him, carrying the same gentle expression on her face.

“Yes…”

“Do not harm yourself once again.” She held both of his cheeks in her hands. “You are the only one I have left in this world. I cannot lose you.”

“You won’t lose me that easily.” Tim answered but could not understand the sadness in her tone. “But why…”

Before he could complete his words, she pressed her lips on to his tightly. A kiss which Tim never anticipated but liked it. It helped him ease the tension he carried. His fuming desire for vengeance calmed down.

Closing his eyes Tim returned the kiss as their tongues played in each other’s mouth. Soon he instinctively moved his hands towards her firmly developed breasts but stopped midway. His brain realized what it was doing but it was too late.

Grabbing his hands, Sophia placed it on her breasts as she pushed him to squeeze it and his hands did just that. She moaned a little in pleasure as a jolt of electricity ran through Tim’s entire being. This feeling was entirely new for him despite having the memories of doing the same thing a million times.

Tim’s hand continued massaging her until she stopped kissing and moved her lips away, leaving a trail of saliva. She looked awfully beautiful for some reason as she licked her lips in a seductive manner.

His heart throbbed in excitement and the desire to explore her overpowered himself. But Tim pulled out his hands as a sudden glimpse of his past flashed through his mind. His heart weighed and the joy died down.

Sophia looked at Leon with a surprised expression. She wanted him to go ahead and do whatever he wanted with her but he stopped. Did she hurt him?

“Leon…”

“Yes!”

“Why did you stop? Don’t you want to do this?” She placed her hand on her bosom.

“No… it is just…” Tim wanted to outvoice his inner emotions but found no suitable words. His vocabulary was empty for it to be explainable.

Witnessing his pained expression Sophia continued. “Is it about that proposal?”

“Ye… Yes.”

“You are still as thick headed as always.” She chuckled.

“What?” Tim looked at Sophia with wide eyes, unable to identify what was so funny in his words.

“Nothing.”

Sophia got up from the couch, fixing her hair and apron. And with the same smiling face she went towards the door but Leon shouted again.

“Tell me what it is?”

“Well… It is just…”

---

Tim sat down for the next half an hour pondering over what he just witnessed. Sophia just stirred her lips, but no words were spoken. She did it all knowingly for Tim to catch but he could not. He just sat there dumbstruck. 

What did she mean? What did she want to say?

Many questions emerged in his mind, but there was no answer to be found. And soon Tim threw those thoughts to the back of his head and focused on things that mattered more.

Samuel’s case needed to be handled and he was the one who would do it. This document cleared most things but Tim had no idea where these Rosewood guys lived or what to do with them.

He needed to form a plan and now was the time. So, he picked some paper from the drawer and a fountain pen. But before he could write anything a knock on the door was heard and Adeline came in.

Saying nothing she sat down on the single-seat sofa opposite to him and leaned with a long sigh.

“What happened?” Inquired Tim in a concerning tone.

“Nothing. Just some weirdo chasing after me?”

“What? Who is that nonsense? He wants to die or what?” Snapped Tim with a face full of anger. He was not a least bit happy learning about some random guy running after his sister. He had known Adeline for just a few days but the bonding between siblings was already there.

“I don’t know. It is Viden, who never stops praising me.” Adeline added in a bored tone.

“Viden! You mean Viden Rosenwood.”

“Yup. That piece of shit. You know, I don’t like him a bit.”

“Me neither. But why is he here?”

“His father is trying to get his son to impress me.” Adeline muttered, folding her arms. “Honestly it is annoying.”

“Then, tell him to get the fuck out of here.”

Tim had just recently studied the biodata of the Rosewood’s and just like his father, Viden’s part was not so bright. He too had a similar backstory like his father which was a well-kept secret. No one spoke anything and his image was shining like a star. Everyone who dared to say anything just vanished into thin air.

“You think it is that easy? They are one of our most trusted vassals and he is the next Count. You can’t just kick him, wait… you can do it can't you?” Her face lit up in excitement as she perfectly knew what her brother was capable of.

“Who knows? Maybe no… maybe yes…” Leon shrugged his shoulders indicating that he was not that interested but in reality, he was very much interested.

Tim could think of many instances where he had met that dickhead named Viden but nothing significant had happened for his brain to keep track except one time where he badly beat the shit out of him in a duel.

“If you can then I will be pleased. But if you can’t then I am stuck here with you.” She added leaning forward to inspect what her brother was writing. “What are you writing anyway and when did your handwriting become that polished?”

“Oh. It is nothing. Just some planning to fix my routine.” Tim’s voice was not so convincing but Adel bought it as she was not inclined to pry into his work. Thus, she diverted her mind elsewhere.

“Mother was saying you were trying to break your future marriage with Elizabeth. You really need to have some courage to pull that.”

“There is no harm in trying.”

“She is not a bad person you know. She just never likes to get along with anyone. But she can become a good wife for you, if you can love her that is. And for that you need to break that wall. 

Also, she doesn't talk much. Never talks to anyone except when needed. And you need to be both funny and mature for a girl to like you. Not like some certain moron who always acts like a child. And…”

Adel kept rambling and Leon kept listening to her. She asked and answered her own question without giving a damn about what her brother was thinking. She acted like a teenage girl who had many issues and Tim acted like an adult who heard everything, not interrupting once.

This little talk continued until someone barged in through the door calling her name in an irritating tone.

“Adel!”

“What?” Yelled Tim looking at the boy who had an angered expression on his face but seeing Leon his face turned pale as he took a couple of steps backwards.

He was tired of finding locked doors and running after a lady was not his job. Ladies ran after him, not the other way. But he could not just disobey his father’s orders. He tried to impress Adeline despite his pride getting in the way.

And when she disappeared within a blink of an eye, his brain just exploded in rage. He had to search through many rooms, but never expected Leon to find in a room which he thought was empty. This was not the right place, nor the right time.

“You are deaf or what?” Leon shouted again, getting up from his seat with a tranquil look in his eyes.

“No… I was just searching for Adel…”

“That’s Miss Adeline for you.”

“Yes Lord!”

“And where are your manners, kid? Sold it in the market? Fucked it in bed? Or just forgot about it.” Tim slowly walked towards the boy as his tone went calmer than ever.

“No…Lord!” Viden shuddered as his body trembled in fear. 

“Then why don’t you shut your mouth.” Tim drew closer and grabbed the boy’s collar as he looked into his purple eyes with an expression only a devil could have. “And never come near her again or I will seriously cut you into pieces and feed the dogs.”

“Ye-s Lor-d.” A chill ran down Viden’s spine as he heard those words spoken in a sincere way. This decision of him choosing this room was wrong like he expected from the very beginning. But his pride got in the way and he messed up.

“Now get out!” Leon literally threw him to the side where the boy hit the wall with a thud but got up immediately and ran out of the room.

“Piece of shit…” Tim mumbled, taking a deep breath. This time he picked up Leon’s mantle mixed with his which worked like magic. A flawless solution for situations like these.

As for Adel, she just giggled witnessing the shit show. She saw it coming from a mile away. And it was a hell lot of fun seeing a man’s pride getting destroyed.

“That was awesome!” She praised, clapping inaudibly.

“Thank you!”

 

8