Chapter 43
344 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at the mage in confusion. She was kneeling in front of me with her head bowed down. There was a loud snapping sound in the air and I saw that the chained mage had disappeared. There were a few sparks and then everything was silent. There was a quick movement and I saw Marian beside us. She had her sword at the neck of the kneeling mage.

 

“James, step back. This bitch is going to lose her head,” Marian said with a scowl on her face. I could see that Marian was ready to deliver that final blow to the mage. The mage did not raise her head at all but instead remained in the same kneeling position. It was like she awaited her fate.

 

“Wait!” I said quickly.

 

Marian looked at me in confusion. “What? Why?”

 

“She said something about a prophecy and it being true. I need to know what she is talking about.”

 

“It’s probably nonsense in order to spare her life,” Marian said as she glared down at the mage. She was so eager to kill her. “These bitches would say anything in order to carry out their evil plots for Raziel.”

 

“I don’t know. I think that she could have easily teleported out of here or even threw us both into the air if she wanted,” I said as I looked down at the mage. “But she didn’t. She’s kneeling here and has not moved even with your sword at her neck.”

 

“I don’t know, James. We can’t trust these people. She’s a dark mage who works directly for the Demon Queen. This may be some sort of trap.”

 

I knew that what Marian was saying could be true but I did not feel that at all. I didn’t think that the dark mage was pretending at all in an effort to save her life. “Give me a moment.”

 

Marian hesitated and looked first at me and then the mage. She was very unsure of this and I did not blame her. “Alright. Ask her what you want but if she makes any sudden moves, I am going to lob her head off.”

 

I looked down at the mage. “Who are you? What’s your name?”

 

The mage slowly raised her head. Those green eyes looked up at my face and once again I felt like she was peering into my soul. “My name is Ilyana and I am from Rytheria.”

 

“The Forest of Mystical Trees?” Marian asked her in surprise.

 

“Yes, that is where I am from.” The mage was still looking at me even though she answered Marian’s question. There was an expression of complete awe on her face as she looked at me. It was like she was staring up at an angel. It made me feel a little weird to see it.

 

“And you are a dark mage?! Your people must be proud!” Marian said with a sarcastic voice. Ilyana’s face seemed to fall a little from Marian’s words. She glanced down on the ground and I saw a deep sadness play out across her face.

 

“I was taken as a child from my home by dark mages who served Raziel. Many other children as well. I watched my parents and relatives slaughtered before my eyes as they fought to protect us. Even the trees were unable to stop the dark mages as they bound all of us and escaped through a portal,” llyana said in a soft voice. “I have been in service to Raziel ever since. I have had no choice in the matter.”

 

Marian looked at Ilyana with a skeptical look on her face. She did not seem to believe anything that the mage was saying. I felt like the dark mage was speaking the truth. This did not feel like an act.

 

“What did you mean by prophecy?” I asked her. “What did you mean by ‘you arrived’?”

 

She looked back up at me and I saw that same look of wonder come back to her eyes. “Before I was born and Raziel had just started to gain power over Alargon, the trees spoke of a warrior that would arrive on Alargon and would do battle with the forces of evil. This warrior would not be of this world and would be a young male. He would have great power never witnessed before and his seed would heal those in need. You are this warrior!”

 

I looked at Ilyana in surprise. I felt Marian’s eyes on me so I looked at her and I could see that she was having a hard time processing this information. She had seen all that I had done over the past few days and listened to Cyrena say similar things about me and I could tell that she could not completely discount what Ilyana was saying.

 

“We have waited a long time for your arrival! The trees in Rytheria have always assured us that you will bring an everlasting peace to this world and rule it with kindness and fairness,” Ilyana said as she looked up at me. I saw a smile break out on her face and it was quite a sight to see. She was very beautiful. 

 

“Rule? What do you mean by that?” I asked her as I tried to focus on what she had said instead of her breathtaking beauty.

 

“You will be the King of all of Alargon and will bring forth eternal peace and prosperity!” Ilyana said with a large smile. 

11