Ch 2
281 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up from the noise outside.  I heard a few goblins talking and I understood what they were saying.  Standing up, I started going through all of the old hags stuff.  No clue at what anything is but I found a new sharp stabber.  It had a silvery and dark green color to it.  She kept it in some leather to hide it I guess.   I went through the jars she had all over the place and found some edible smelling stuff in a few so I finished them off.  

I left the tent after I put a cloth on to cover my piss tube.  I noticed the rest of the goblins wore this type of thing.  I didn’t want to stand out anymore than necessary.   I followed a few goblins that were talking about going out hunting.  These goblins were a head shorter than me.  I don’t know how long I was out for.

I finally exited the cavern and saw stars for the first time.  They covered the sky but because of the trees I couldn’t see everything.  I kept following the group of goblins and listened to them chat.  Walking on the paths, we finally come upon a wooden wall of sorts.  I felt I could knock it over if I hit it hard enough.  On the way through the opening I followed the group into a shack and did as they did when they grabbed a spear.

They were hunting rabbit and pig plus anything they could surprise attack.  We left the goblin walls behind.  After an hour of traveling, the group of goblins finally noticed me.  I was quietest out of the group and the biggest as well.  

The lead goblin stared up at me “why are you following us, where did you come from?”

“I followed you from the tents and I want to eat, so I came to kill food.”  

Staring at me he asked “what do they call you”

“I haven’t been given a name”

He grunted and looked to think for a moment.  Laughing he said “you will be called stupid.  You listen to me and do what I say.  If not we kill you.”

I nodded my head and followed them.  After a while I learned how to spot animal tracks and find paths the animals had taken.  I memorized all of the information they gave me.  Including the animals and plants to avoid and look for.  The animals to avoid was quite a lot and for the most part involved running for your life as fast as you can.   I watched them attempt to kill a few animals but failed mostly.  I saw what they did wrong each time.  We finally made a camp in the forest.  They all just plopped down on the ground.  I climbed up a tree a good way.  

The next day we broke up and all went on our own.  It didn’t take long to find some berries.  I also found some tracks leading away from the berry bush.  After shoving a bunch down my throat I followed the track and found a few small deer.  By the time I felt I was close enough, they brought their heads up and sniffed the air.  They bolted the very next second.

After wondering why they spotted me, I inhaled and figured it out.  I stink and the wind gave me away.  Lesson learned.  I left that area and continued hunting and gathering.  I didn’t kill my first animal until I failed three more times.  

I threw my spear down at a moma hog, the spear deflected off of her back and stuck a piglet next to her.  The entire pack bolted into the forest, leaving the squealing piglet behind.  I hopped out of the tree and stabbed the pig with the old hags knife.  Well I guess my knife now.  

I carried my meal back up the tree.  A few minutes later my belly was full and I took a nap.  

I woke up to the sound of snarls.  I looked down and saw 7 wolves sniffing under the tree looking up toward me.  Even though the sun had just set and the darkness was covering everything.  I could see everything better now than when the sun was up.  All the wolves had a red glow outline around them.  The trees, leaves and well all the plants had a white outline.  It was easy to spot bugs and fruits as they all had different colored outlines.

Looking further away from the tree I could see more wolves hiding behind bushes.  This night vision is going to save my life.  I looked down at a the wolves by the tree.  I found the one I figured I could actually hurt with my spear.  I faked throwing my spear at them for a while getting them used to my fake attempts also while mocking them.  

I kept this up for what seemed like an hour.  Most of the wolves left in the direction I came from.  It’s already getting close to midnight.  The last two are hardly paying any attention to me.  One laid down right beside the tree.  The other wolf laid down facing where the pack went.

I figured my chance was now.  I knew I could hit either wolf with my spear as they were not far from me and I wasn’t high up in the tree.  

I moved around the tree and eventually managed to get right above the close wolf.  I aimed and threw my spear at the far wolf.  I dropped out of the tree with my knife hoping to plunge it into the head of the wolf. 

The spear was off the mark but it was good enough.  It hit the wolf’s rib cage and exited through its stomach.  It yelped really loud causing the other wolf to spring up.  Luckily it didn’t move far besides standing up.  When I landed on its back, the cracking sound couldn’t be mistaken.  I plunged the knife into the wolf’s ear into its brain.   This wolf never made a sound.

The second wolf limped off.  My spear passed through it luckily.  I ran after the dying wolf, grabbing the spear on the way. I found the wolf not too far away.  Its intestines were dragging on the ground.  It was pouring blood out the chest wound.  I left the wolf to die on its own.  No need to risk my neck for something that will be dead shortly anyways.  I ran back to my tree and gutted the dead wolf.  After eating the majority of its organs, I carried the corpse up the tree a good ways.  I looked around and saw no sign of the wolves returning and climbed down the tree.  

I ran after the limping wolf and found it’s corpse.  I gutted the wolf and once again ate the good stuff before dragging the body to a tree I found along the way.  Once I climbed the tree with my dinner I started feasting on my prize.  I ate almost the entire wolf.  The wolf was the same size as me.  My belly was sticking out and making it look like it was going to burst.  

Figured the wolves would be back soon.  I climbed down and started running through the woods.  My goal was to put some distance between the wolves and myself.  They might get pissed seeing their dead pack members.  I ran for about an hour before I came across a small river.  I walked into the river and rubbed as much water against my body to try and clean myself.  The goblins in that group mentioned about the cleaning the do every full moon or even less for some.  

I crossed the river and ran along the river for a while.  The sun was starting to come up so I wanted to find a tree to hide in.  Eventually finding a giant tree that I could climb with my claws.  

Making my way to a high spot in the tree.  Getting comfortable in my spot I dozed off feeling exhausted yet full of energy.  

5