Chapter 20 – Heroine.
2k 8 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trip continued for a few hours, and Nicole tried to talk to me several times. However, I always ignored her. I didn't want to talk to the person who tried to rape me. Could I be being too petty?

No, of course not.

So after some more time traveling, the carriage stopped so we could have lunch. The big problem was that Ricardo hadn't brought food as Thaddeus did during his travels.

We had to hunt for food.

Nicole and her friends got out of the carriage, and I stayed inside. Ricardo came down next and looked at me with a smile. "Aren't you going to hunt with them?" He asked.

"I will not hunt with that girl. But I can hunt alone if you want."

"Oh no, they're enough to get you some meat." I watched Ricardo walk away, and then I went downstairs.

Some time passed, and Nicole and the girls returned with two big dead rabbits. That would be enough. So Nicole dismantled the rabbit and then prepared some meat skewers.

They made a fire with my help, and we roasted the meat. Nicole didn't seem surprised that I could use magic, but the other two girls were. I wonder if it's rare for a person to be able to use magic.

It shouldn't be... I think.

So after we ate, we got back into the carriage, and it started moving again. So, after another forty minutes on the road, we finally got a work.

A group of goblins got in our way. Eight of them. They held some rusty weapons stolen from other adventurers. Some of them even wore armor.

"Right. Maine, support Julia and me." Their group was relatively weak as they didn't have a mage to use healing magic or support magic (if there is such a thing, I have to look up some data on that). Maine used a bow and the other two used swords.

I got out of the carriage with them and watched them.

Nicole and Julia advanced toward the goblins, and Maine shot an arrow next. Nicole hit a goblin and ripped its head off, Julia pierced one of them in the chest, and Maine's arrow landed on the forehead of one of them.

They quickly killed the entire group, but Nicole and Julia looked tired.

'They're not that strong.' They then walked towards the carriage with a smile after ripping off the goblins' ears and throwing them to the side of the road. Other monsters would eat their bodies.

"What do you think, Sophia?" Nicole asked as she approached. Julia and Maine also seemed eager for my assessment of them for some reason. Listen, I'm a rookie adventurer!

Maybe they're trying to impress me?

"I think you guys are strong..." I said with a smile. Dammit, I talked to her!

"You're not being honest, I'm sure."

"..."

"I know our group is weak, we are looking for a new member. Maybe you-"

"That's out of the question," I replied to Nicole before she could propose. She lowered her head despondently, and we walked back to the carriage.

"Good job, girls." Ricardo seemed satisfied with the work done by them.

####

After that, the journey continued smoothly. Luckily, we didn't encounter any more enemies on the way. I wonder if it's rare for a carriage to be attacked as I haven't had much trouble with monsters on the two trips I've taken.

Well, what matters is that we would make it to town today.

I asked Ricardo, and he said Bacrow was probably three hours away. He seemed to know this as this village was a place where merchants usually stopped when traveling to Bacrow. People were very receptive.

But some of them looked scared of me. I remember Nicole saying that my eyes were also something that scared people.

Should I find some way to hide this?

"Ricardo, aren't you afraid of me?" I asked and looked into his eyes with my eyes wide open.

"What?" But he didn't realize I was talking about my eyes.

"My eyes, they're different colors, aren't they?"

"Yes, and they are beautiful."

"... Why are the village children afraid of them?" At my question, Ricardo averted his gaze and was silent. The three girls were also speechless.

Did I ask some stupid question?

"Don't you know about this?" Maine asked.

"About what?" I tilted my head confused. She then looked at the others inside the carriage, and no one said anything. "Alright, I'll explain." Maine then began to tell me a story.

A few years ago, there was a heroine. A pretty girl with long silver hair and a slender body. But what caught people's attention the most were her different colored eyes.

Her eyes weren't the same color as mine. Her right eye was red, and her left eye was a very light green colour. But even though my eyes are not the same color as hers, it's enough to freak them out.

Because even though that person was a hero, she wasn't a good person.

Before being killed by the Demon King himself a few years ago, she had sworn to destroy the world in the middle of the capital, opposite the castle. And using magic, she swallowed half of the capital and then disappeared.

And after she went to the demon realm to face the dragon (For some unknown reason), the demon king interfered, bringing her death.

Maine made it clear that this was not fiction but reality.

After hearing this, I decided to hide one of my eyes and never let someone read what was written on my left thigh.

 

Favorite? :3

88