Chapter 27 – What am I, a Ferrari?
1.4k 5 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though the dots were gone, I didn't hurry. I slowly opened the door and looked inside the room. Inside, there was nothing. There was no furniture. It was just an empty room.

Of course, there was no person there either.

I entered the room and started to look around, frightened by what had happened. What do you mean they disappeared? Did they use teleportation magic or something? They can't be... Are they that powerful?

"Damn, what do I do now?" I have no way to go after them, and they can come after me whenever they want if this is teleportation magic. The only thing I should do now is to continue with my goal and wait for them to come closer again.

I think they realized that I followed them. Now it is difficult for them to approach me and act friendly again. This time they will probably make a surprise attack to try to kill me. I should be cautious.

So I looked inside the house some more and then I left. The first thing I did was go to the guild to find an escort mission to the capital. Fortunately, I had many... But this time, it was not so easy.

I asked several people if I could go with them, but no one said yes. They told me I was weak and they didn't trust me... What is this? I thought that all people were kind...

But I was wrong. Most of them are bad people or people who don't like to help others. That's what I expected from a fantasy world initially. Well, it's not that people are bad... It makes sense that they don't trust me. This is a fantasy world. It's a dangerous place.

The real bad people were the ones who looked down on me. I'm sure they were noble.

Whatever, this is not the right time to judge others. Right now, I have to find a way to get to the capital. Fortunately, the capital wasn't too far away. It would probably be the shortest trip.

And seeing that I couldn't get a carriage, it wasn't very far, and I was in a hurry, I decided to walk.

Yes, I knew it was crazy, but I was sure I could make it. When I arrived in this world, I appeared in a forest and walked for many kilometers without getting tired.

So I have confidence in my endurance. But first of all, I need to prepare things for the trip.

'I will need to buy a bigger bag.'

####

I visited some stores and prepared everything to start my trip. The first thing I bought was a new backpack. It was the most expensive item I purchased. The backpack was huge; it looked like the ones people use for climbing or camping to carry sleeping bags.

Besides the backpack, I also bought two blankets and several bottles of water. I thought about buying food, but it was not necessary. I would hunt for food on the way. I didn't forget to buy spices.

Eating meat without any seasoning was out of the question.

And with all this bought, it was time for my journey to begin.

I went towards the gate and got out without too much trouble. The guards looked at me and seemed surprised to see me carrying that huge backpack. But they probably thought I was going on a mission or something.

So I walked away. I also had not forgotten to look at the map so I wouldn't get lost.

I decided to walk straight towards the capital; I didn't follow the road like a carriage does. That way, it would be faster, and I didn't have the chance to meet some carriage on the way.

I'm sure I would meet some unpleasant people.

####

The day was ending, and I didn't feel tired. But although I wasn't tired, I was hungry. I hadn't had lunch because I had eaten something before leaving town, but now I was starving.

And I wasn't fortunate because I was in the middle of a rocky plain with no forest. Usually, animals stay in forests, so if there were one nearby, it would be easier to get food.

"But there must be some animals around here, right?" I wasn't sure, but I had to look. And that's what I did.

I spent almost half an hour looking for prey until I found something. It was a rabbit. I had seen rabbits before, but this one was a little different. It had dark fur.

Besides the dark fur, its eyes were golden. It was also twice the size of the "normal" rabbits I had encountered. It looked pretty dangerous.

However, it was an easy job.

The rabbit saw me and jumped towards me. I avoided its attack, then swung my hand like a blade. My hand cut off its head, and the rabbit fell to the ground, lifeless.

I learned this recently, and it is very convenient. Who wouldn't want to have a cutting hand like this?

####

Another day of travel passed. At my pace, I would probably reach the capital in another four days. I was thinking of starting to run, but I'm afraid I'll get tired and won't be able to walk anymore.

But since I don't feel tired after walking for so long, isn't it good to test? I have never tried my top speed either. I remember having a swift reaction time, but I have never chased someone before.

Hmmm...

This could be interesting. Maybe I'll discover a new skill here.

"Come on." I stretched my legs as if I were going to participate in an Olympic race, and then I started to run. And when I began to run, I could hardly believe what was happening.

Everything was going by me so fast that I couldn't even calculate how quickly I ran.

What am I, a Ferrari? This is insane!

 

 

Favorite?

69