Chapter 31 – I can resurrect them.
1.2k 7 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"All right, I'll explain my magic "Resuscitation"." The heroine then started talking to me about one of her magics.

[ Resuscitation ] I don't think I need to explain what this magic does. However, even though the name was self-explanatory, she continued explaining it to me as if I was an idiot. But I didn't care.

I listened attentively.

"Do I just need to put my hand on the children and say "Resuscitation"?"

"Keep your hands on them for five minutes while your magic does the process. If you remove your hand before that, some problems occur, making it impossible for you to resurrect them."

"Right."

"All right, you should go now. The children are probably already being prepared for burial, and if you delay too long, it may be even more difficult to bring them back."

"... What about you? Are you going to continue here?"

"I will continue in your mind. If you want to talk to me, call me before you sleep, and I will contact you."

"I understand. I appreciate your help. I hope we can find a way to get rid of this 'anger' together."

"You are strong enough to support that "anger". Focus and don't let the anger consume you. You are stronger than me; if I were in your place, I would have destroyed half the capital."

"Hahaha, that makes sense."

"See you later, James... Sophia." The heroine smiled at me and then began to disappear in front of my eyes. At the same time, I felt my senses return.

It was a sudden change of environment. I was lying on my bed inside the inn's room while looking up at the ceiling.

Tears were streaming down my face, so I stood up and washed my face.

Then I quickly left the inn and headed towards the alley where I had killed the children. When I got there, the bodies were already gone, and the only thing left was a guard at the entrance.

Maybe he is preserving the crime scene?

"Excuse me." I approached.

"Hm?" The guard looked at me, confused.

"Could you tell me where the children's bodies went? Please."

"Why?" The guard looked suspicious. And that's when I noticed that I was without my eye patch and started to get a little nervous. But I kept my unmoved expression and answered him.

"I know those children, and I heard about what happened. I wanted to know where their bodies went so I could accompany the burial." After my words, the guard remained silent.

And after a few more seconds, he finally answered.

"The bodies are usually taken to the funeral home in the capital. You can go that street and turn right at the third street."

I thanked him and then ran in that direction. Just as he said, I went ahead and turned right at the third street. I found an almost empty street, and a single large building caught my eye.

[ Funeral Home ]

"I didn't think there was a funeral home in this world." I approached the building and entered. I found a reception like the one at the guild, but it wasn't as big. It had only a few chairs and a counter.

On the chairs, that same nun was sitting.

After greeting the receptionist, I swallowed my saliva and sat beside the nun. As soon as I sat down next to her, the nun, who looked sleepy, raised her head and then looked at me.

"Hm?" She was beautiful.

"How are you feeling?" Just from her expression, I could already tell that she was not well, but I still asked. The nun looked at me for a few seconds before tears appeared in her eyes.

She began to cry.

"I'm not feeling well. I don't know what to do; I don't know what I will tell Norma and the other children." The nun held her head as she cried. My heart started to hurt a little.

I had caused it.

"It will be all right," I told her. The nun gave a smile in my direction and remained silent.

After some more time in silence because of my fear of proposing this to her, I finally said.

"I can bring the children back if you help me get to where they are." I hadn't even introduced myself, but I proposed this to her. Of course, I said in a low voice so the receptionist wouldn't hear.

"What?"

"The children, I can resurrect them."

"..." The woman looked into my eyes and then swallowed her saliva. Is she scared?

"Trust me. I promise I will bring them back." I held the nun's hands and looked into her eyes. She was silent for a while before she stood up.

"Don't play with that kind of thing." She said. Of course, she wouldn't believe that kind of thing. Does magic to resurrect someone exists in this world? It could be exclusive magic that the heroine had.

"I'm not kidding. If you help me, I can bring them back." I was sure the receptionist had heard this, but she said nothing. The nun looked at me for a while and clenched her fists.

Tears appeared in her eyes as her body trembled. She wanted to believe me.

"Trust me. I am telling the truth." I said once again. The nun sat down next to me again. "Do you promise you can bring them back?" She asked me. I smiled and answered as I held her hand.

"I promise I can do that. But I need to get to the bodies of the four children. Do you know how I can do that?"

"... I'm sorry."

"Damn... But don't worry, I'll find a way to do it." I smiled at her.

The woman looked into my eyes.

"You are-"

"No, of course not." I stood up and walked toward the exit. "I will keep that promise. You will have those children back in your arms in no time." I left the funeral home and walked away.

I had to find a way to break into that place before they took the bodies away. Or maybe I could take the bodies while they were transported to the cemetery.

 

Favorito?

58