Chapter 36 – My aura is affecting them.
1.3k 7 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"All right, I think I need to sleep now." Before I even showered, I threw myself on the bed and closed my eyes. I felt so tired that I fell asleep almost immediately.

And I was again inside that dark space.

I couldn't hear those voices cursing me this time, and the children didn't appear. Only the heroine appeared.

"It was amazing, wasn't it? The feeling of bringing them back to life."

"Yes, I feel better now. Thank you again for helping me." I bowed my head to say thank you. Since I was in my old body again, it was a rather funny scene.

"Hahaha, no need to thank me that much. Well, what brings you here again? Do you need help with anything?"

"I wanted to talk to you about the to-do list that is on my thigh. What will happen if I decide not to do any of the things on the list?"

"You will probably lose your mind again. That's why you need to try very hard to control yourself."

"I see. I don't know if I'll be able to..."

"You can, I'm sure of it. You're a strong person, I've said that before. You are much stronger than I am."

"..."

"Just continue to live your life as you prefer, I'm sure you'll be able to handle any unforeseen events."

"You're relying on me too much."

"Maybe? Well, I know you are strong because I am inside your head, maybe that is why I trust you so much."

"..."

"I'll say it one more time: Just keep living your life as you prefer, in case something happens you'll be able to handle it and I'll also be here to help you, all right?"

"Okay." I gave a smile to the heroine. She then walked over to me and hugged me. Or she tried to hug me.

I couldn't feel her touch.

"See you later."

"..."

Then I lost consciousness.

####

I woke up the next day and stared at the ceiling for a while before getting up. I walked to the window and looked out onto the street. The movement of people was already too great; it was probably already late.

I washed my face in the bathroom and then went downstairs. I had a simple breakfast before I left to head towards the guild.

'The day of the princess' speech is coming up... I might get out of control and end up doing something crazy.' I have decided that I will not do what is on this list, so I should not attend this "party."

Arriving at the adventurers' guild, I looked around for Julia and Maine.

I also activated my search skill to see if there were any enemies nearby, but no red dots appeared. That's good; they probably haven't returned to town yet after that...

'They just disappeared... Man, that's scary. I had started to ignore it because of the kids, but now I'm worried again.'

I approached the missions board on the wall and picked up a subjugation quest. It took a while to register the mission since there was a long line, so when it was my turn...They arrived in the guild.

Maine and Julia.

I didn't notice them approaching as I was a bit distracted.

As they entered, I swallowed my saliva and looked at them. They both waved at me with a smile after seeing me. This shows that they didn't know that I knew about their secrets. They are my enemies.

I waved back and smiled.

The two then walked over to one of the tables and sat down. I didn't go to them. I registered for the mission and left there as quickly as possible.

I activated my search magic and then walked quickly towards the city gate. Then I noticed that the two red dots were coming up behind me. I looked back, and there I could see the two.

I don't stop walking. I kept going until I got out of town.

After I left, I started to run.

Behind me, the two red dots also increased their speed of movement.

"So they finally decided to make their moves."

####

I got far enough away to confront them.

The two quickly approached me. I stopped running and looked back. From a distance, I could see the trail they were leaving behind.

These two were monstrously strong.

Everything was acting. And Nicole, was she also part of this theater? Maybe she is not dead? That worries me.

The two quickly approached and then stopped a few meters away from me. They both had gentle smiles on their faces. I swallowed my saliva and stared at them, trying to threaten them. I decided to keep my aura locked in my body for now.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Maine said.

"We came all this way just to hunt along with you. You were ignoring us, so we decided to come after you. We had no idea you would be so fast." Julia withdrew her sword from its sheath.

I clenched my fists and took a step back.

"You're going to come with us, all right?" Maine began to approach. "We just want to talk to you about what you did at the Orc settlement a while back."

"Orc settlement? You mean that village?"

"That's right. My master wants to talk to you about that. He finds you interesting and is also suspecting that you have a connection to the heroine."

"Master? Who is your master?"

"You'll know when you go with us. Are you coming with us, or are we going to have to cut your legs off?" Maine opened her hand, and a black-bladed dagger appeared in her hand. I took another step back.

"I will not go with you without first knowing who you are and who your master is. I also want to know why you are after me, I'm sure it's not just because of the Orc settlement and because your master finds me interesting." Maybe they know that I am a reincarnated person?

"I already said that you will know everything when you come with us."

"I don't trust you, there is no way I can go with you."

"Is that it?"

"Yes."

"All right." Maine let out a sigh and then disappeared, appearing before my eyes. I raised my eyebrows in surprise at her sudden attack. However, I had an excellent reflex.

I avoided the attack of her dagger by leaning my body back, and I released my aura.

"Are you trying to kill me?" She had aimed directly at my neck!

"Of course not, I just want you to come with us."

"That doesn't seem to be the case!" I could notice that Maine and Julia's legs were shaking a little. My aura is affecting them.

 

Favorite?

51