Chapter 38 – What a headache.
986 5 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A large hole had appeared within a radius of 20 meters around me. Within a radius of 100 meters, I had torn up all the grass on the ground.

In the sky, I had blown all the clouds away. The sky was clear.

I had destroyed a few trees, and the few monsters were lying dead on the ground. I held my breath, trying to understand what had just happened here.

Was it me who caused all this? I did not know colliding these two "dark magics" was a bad idea.

So I used earth magic and created a bridge for myself since all around me was a precipice probably 30 meters deep.

"Where are those two?" I activated my search magic and saw no sign of life around anymore. They had probably used that teleportation magic to escape when the magic started to get out of control.

I sighed and then smiled.

"I hope they stay away for a while. I think they realized they can't kill me." I used earth magic and fixed the hole that had been made in the ground. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the grass grow.

"But now that I have done all this, I am sure that my amount of mana is almost unlimited. The only time I felt tired from using magic was when I used magic to resurrect the children several times in a row."

But about those two... They wanted to take me to their master. Who is this master? He/she is probably much stronger than those two girls. I will probably have problems if he/she decides to visit me.

Maybe the heroine knows something about this?

"Haaa~~ Damn. I wanted to just live this new life as I wanted, but now I have to deal with my loss of control and also with an unknown master who is trying to kill me. Is it serious that "master" is angry just because I killed those Orcs?"

Stopping to think about it, the master must be a monster since he/she got angry. Maybe he/she is one of the dragons? Or perhaps the demon king? That could be the case. It is getting dangerous.

"Besides he/she suspects that I have some connection with the heroine, so the "master" probably knew her. Maybe because of my eye and also my strength?"

Probably that master is the demon king. I don't remember reading about any of the dragons having subordinates.

"He probably won't give up coming after me. I need to stay on alert."

####

Returning to the capital, even without accomplishing my missions, I realized that everything I had done had drawn more attention than it should have. Outside the capital, a group of soldiers was getting ready to leave in the direction of where my battle had taken place.

How do I know? They were talking about it. There was a group of about 50 soldiers. Ten soldiers were on horseback, and the rest were on foot. All were wearing shining armor that looked like quality.

The man on horseback at the front of the group was the commander. He wore a rather flashy golden armor. He was not wearing a helmet so that I could see his face. He was a young man with blue eyes and blond hair.

He is a handsome guy.

As I passed him, the man looked at me, apparently suspicious. But I just ignored him and went on my way. I entered the town and then ran to the adventurers' guild.

"Excuse me, I would like to let you know that I will do the mission tomorrow, as I am not feeling well. " I told the receptionist. There didn't seem to be any problems. I could do the mission tomorrow.

So, I ran out of the guild and back to the inn.

When I arrived, I threw myself on the bed and sighed.

"I need to get out of this town."

####

It was nighttime when I heard someone knocking on my bedroom door. I activated my search magic and noticed that it was a blue dot, and there was no red dot around. Everything was fine.

I opened the door, and there I found the inn's receptionist. "There is a man downstairs wanting to talk to you. If I were you, I wouldn't keep him waiting..."

"I understand. I'll be right down."

Damn, I'm sure it's him. I washed my face before going to the inn's first floor. Sitting at one of the tables, I found the same blond guy who was probably the head of the guard or something.

He wasn't wearing his armor, but I could see he was carrying his sword.

"Can I help you?" I approached with a smile.

"Ah yes. My name is Greg. Greg Montiel." He stood up and elegantly greeted me. He's a noble, I'm sure.

"My name is Sophia, it's a pleasure."

"I already know your name."

"I see..."

"Could you sit down? I need to talk to you about some things." He put a serious look on his face. I'm sure he wants to talk about the mess I'd caused on that plain. Damn it.

"Sure." But I smiled as if I didn't know what he was talking about.

"All right, you were out of the capital earlier today, am I right? That's what the guild informed me."

"Yes, I was out. However, I came back soon after."

"I see. The gate guard saw you walking towards the place where something rather intriguing happened today. He also saw two other girls going after you. Do you know what I am talking about?"

"No, I don't know what you are talking about."

"I see. How about this?" The man then pulled out a piece of paper. Yes, it was a picture. "Can you recognize that place?" There was the completely grassless plain that I had damaged.

"I don't remember any of that."

"Okay. We'll keep investigating that."

"Why are you investigating it?"

"Just out of precussion. It's been a while since we've had such a powerful magical explosion near the capital. It would be foolish for us not to investigate what caused it."

"I see. I hope you can find the culprit and that it isn't anyone dangerous."

"Yes, I hope so too. Now I need to go. If you remember anything, go to the guard post to let me know about it."

"Sure, I'll do that."

The man gave a gentle smile and walked out of the inn. I sighed and rested my back on the chair.

"What a headache."

 

Favorite?

42