Chapter 11: Decisions
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11: Decisions

Amon's face held a bored expression. As he made his way across a desolate valley, listening to Hector and Emra's voices bickering from the little bird settled on top of his shoulder. The sudden breeze sent his dark hair flying back, causing him to close his eyes, momentarily enjoying the feeling of the wind on his face. 

"I know that father's visions were never wrong. All I'm saying is maybe, just maybe, not all of these deities mean us harm. Perhaps we might even find allies amongst their midst."

"Hector's just thinking with his dick again, don't mind him. Remember hell's river, Hector?" Amon joined in the conversation with a chuckle. 

"Oh, come on! You promised not to bring that up again, Amon!" 

"Hahaha! How could I forget about that? I mean that monstrosity, really Hector?" Emra answered with a laugh. 

"It was a mistake, alright?! She had her face covered! How was I supposed to know?!" 

"Her face? She had four tits, four arms, and four legs, Hector..." Marquis joined in the conversation in a deadpan tone. 

A chuckle escaped Amon's mouth as he recalled the past. Hector, on the other hand, continued to try to explain himself. "It was for science, okay? Don't tell me you were not interested in knowing if she only had one or two down there." 

"You're disgusting," Hana suddenly spat in a frosty tone, causing the others to laugh.

"Yes, yes, laugh all you want. At least I'm honest." 

"That's not necessarily a good thing, you know?" added Amon. 

"You're just a pervert. And someday, that will get you killed," Said Emra. 

"That's one way to go, smothered between a fair lady's thighs. Ah, the dream." 

Letting the others continue with their conversation. Amon's mind began to wander back to Gatia, the strange goddess. Although he did not express it, a part of him did agree with Hector. The goddess seemed willing to talk. Whether that would have been helpful to their situation or not was yet, to be known. Still, it wouldn't hurt to at least listen to what she had to say first.

Shaking his head, he quickly threw away such thoughts to the back of his mind. Ron had never led them astray. That was one of the reasons why Amon and the rest had complete trust in his judgment. Besides, it's not like she died for real. It was merely an avatar. 

His fingers subconsciously stroked the parts where his armor, was pierced. It was already restored by now, a handy feature that came with it. One that saved Amon a lot of headaches. Gatia's attack had been ruthless and precise. Although those strange roots came short in defense, they were extremely sharp and powerful for them to pierce through his armor. 

He continued his journey, his mind still preoccupied with the strange goddess. Passing through the valley, Amon came to a stop, as he took in the scenery before him. The ruins of an ancient massive city lay before him. The old ruins were so strong in their foundation that they lasted for generations. 

The ruined city had the kind of imperfection causing one's imagination to fall in love with it, a testimony to the wonders of the old world. The years had not been so kind to it. Although the ruins remained, the flora and fauna, had long since overtaken the collapsed buildings and roads.

The ancient city was hidden right outside the valley. Towering remarkable mountain peaks surrounded it from all the other sides. Once upon a time, millions of people called this place home. The buildings stood tall and proud, touching the clouds. 

A sense of melancholy overtook Amon as he stared at the ruined city, its name long since forgotten. This place was one of many that fell during the attack of the abyss. The first wave was the worst, harvesting the lives of millions across the planet. 

Still, life finds a way. They survived, for better or worse. People adapted and managed to find a way to fight off the monsters. Some were lucky, others not so much. To this day, Amon still wondered whether he counted as one of the lucky ones or not. 

Shaking his head, he slowly made his way toward the city. He did not sense any presence in the area, but it was still better to be safe. The possibility of Gatia being the only invader was almost at zero. 

The sun slowly set in the sky. The orange-gold color stretches far and wide. Amon's eyes were steady to the horizon, face aglow with the last orange rays before twilight beckons the stars. His lips bore the resemblance of a smile, as he stood there for a second before resuming his way. 

"Did you guys find anything yet?" He asked, gently stroking the little bird's fur. 

"I just reached Fes, and damn it, Amon, what did you do here?" Emra replied in an irritated voice. 

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Amon quickly answered, feigning ignorance. 

"Hah? They met me with a damn army, Amon!" 

Marquis chuckled, joining in on the conversation. "With how many bounties Amon got on his head over there, It's no wonder they hate us." 

"Once again, that was not my fault. People keep on trying to either scam or kill me. And they don't just hate me! They hate all of us equally, especially down there." 

"Tsk, do you know how much of a pain this was?" She added.

"Did you kill them?" He asked with a raised brow. 

"You want father to flip? I didn't. I just kindly convinced them that I was not the one they were looking for and that it was better for them to allow me inside the city." 

"Kindly?" Asked Marquis in a sarcastic voice. 

"Yes, kindly. I'll be meeting with the king now. Father, what should tell him?" 

"It's best they become aware of the dangers. We will need the help of the mortals sooner or later," Ron suddenly spoke. 

"Hmm, so you want me to convince them to join hands with us?" 

"Yes." 

"You know that won't be easy. Not here, at least. I doubt they would take too kindly to Abyss dwellers meddling in their business so suddenly. As Amon said, they hate our kind."

"They will learn to deal with it. This matter is far more important than one kingdom's opinion." 

"I understand, father." 

"Hector, how is it on your side?" Ron suddenly asked. After a few moments of silence, Hector's hasty voice replied, "Ah, uh, all is good. You know me...umm, yes, uh, what was I saying? Ah, yes my people already like us, you know...uh...so the Ashdal kingdom is ready to join the fight whenever!" 

"This damn pervert, are you fucking again?!" Emra asked, annoyed. Amon was unable to hold back his laughter. A long sigh escaped Ron's mouth.

"I-I'm not! Anyways, I'm a bit busy now, bye~!" 

"Well, at least one of us is having fun." Laughed, Amon. 

2