Chapter 3
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The monks of Brimar reside in the mountain chain adjacent to Madronna's cave, Fortunately for her. All this flying was making her feel fatigued. 

  They are an enlightened congregation of humans that are capable of tapping into powers and knowledge many can't even fathom. Madonna herself was among the wisest and most knowledgeable beings alive. And yet, even she could humble herself and admit when she was at a loss. For example, she knew nothing of caring for human children. 

She had no way of being able to access essentials that they would need. Proper clothing, reading materials, medicine. The sacred monestary came into view and Madronna prepared herself to land. 

   Bodhi is the elder monk of the community. The others look to him for guidance and leadership. It was late morning, thus the elder was in the middle of his daily meditation. But something in his heart told him to pause his ritual early. A familiar presence. An old friend. The wrinkled man smiled as he rose to move outside the walls of their sacred place. 

   Sure enough, there she was. The grand scarlet arch dragon that saved his life all those years ago, when he was still a young man. The others in their peaceful community also welcomed the sight of her with open arms. Unlike much of the mortal world as of now, the monks of Brimar still trusted dragons.   

   Madronna grounded herself in the open space in front of the monk's refuge, welcoming the opportunity to rest her wings for a bit. "So it is you, my old friend," Bodhi greeted her with fondness. "It has been too long, Bodhi," Madronna reciprocated Bodhi's sentiment. "I have been neglectful in coming to see you as of late. I ask for your forgiveness." Time seemed to have hardly passed for Madronna from when she first met him. Yet, seemingly in the blink of an eye, Bodhi was no longer a young man. He'd grown old and his body was not nearly as spry as he used to be. 

But aging did not dampen Bodhi's spirit one bit. He'd managed to do well for himself through the years, as he was now the elder monk of the congregation. Madronna couldn't help but be proud of him. 

 "You require no forgiveness from myself.  You have given no offense. Something else troubles you. Your aura is disturbed." How insightful Bodhi had become. "I need your help. " Madronna thought of the two children in her cave. She told Bodhi of how she came across the twins and that they were currently resting in her home. Few things surprised Bodhi anymore. And yet his silver brows were raised in shock. This news was certainly not what he was expecting.  

   "That is unusual. What compelled you to decide to care for these children?" Madronna was honest in her thoughts. "What indeed. Perhaps it is my hope to improve relations between our kind and humans." Madronna also knew for certain that the twins were mistreated by their previous mother and father, given how they were so cruelly abandoned. Madronna could leave them at another human town or village in the hopes of them being taken care of by another family. 

   However, Madronna feared that even if she left them in the care of other humans, they may still be subjected to a life of neglect and abuse. "There is something else. You also care about the wellbeing of these children," Bodhi observed," and you don't wish for them to be abandoned once again." She nodded, confirming his observation.  "Very well. Take me to your home." 

1